Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process

TheBigLD
Message added by +Young+

Last know called # (322x)

The list for the next open-competitive track worker examination, Exam #8600, has been published.

Please see the Track Worker Exam #8600 topic for more information.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And what must this note say?

When I got diagnosed with muscle spasm, I went to my Primary Care Physician who referred me to a neurologist. The neurologist did some testing, and in the end, the note said the following:

:"To Whom It May Concern:

Please be advised the above noted patient is currently under my care. His evaluation and testing were all negative and is therefore capable of operating a bus. He will require some intermittent stretching.

If you require any additional information please contact my office.

Thank you,

(Doctor's signature)"

Long story short, as long as the condition is under control, and if any testing is negative, you should be fine. Also, with your high B/P, if you get a note stating that it is under control, and the next time you go down to MAC (Medical Assessment Center) and your B/P reading is normal (since they will take it again), you should be fine. Just don't be nervous and remember the cinnamon!!

When I got diagnosed with muscle spasm, I went to my Primary Care Physician who referred me to a neurologist. The neurologist did some testing, and in the end, the note said the following:

:"To Whom It May Concern:

Please be advised the above noted patient is currently under my care. His evaluation and testing were all negative and is therefore capable of operating a bus. He will require some intermittent stretching.

If you require any additional information please contact my office.

Thank you,

(Doctor's signature)"

Long story short, as long as the condition is under control, and if any testing is negative, you should be fine. Also, with your high B/P, if you get a note stating that it is under control, and the next time you go down to MAC (Medical Assessment Center) and your B/P reading is normal (since they will take it again), you should be fine. Just don't be nervous and remember the cinnamon!!

Thanks, what do you put the cinnamon on?

Thanks, what do you put the cinnamon on?

Read http://www.prevention.com/food/food-remedies/cinnamon-may-lower-blood-pressure and http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/cinnamon-reduces-blood-pressure-while-balancing-blood-glucose.

To specifically answer your question: A lot of times I'll sprinkle some cinnamon on top of my oatmeal and yogurt when eating breakfast. In addition, I normally eat 2 cups of yogurt a day and I'll mix some cinnamon in it right before I begin the meal. And, whenever I go to donate blood, it helps!

List number low 300's haven't heard anything or gotten a letter o go in for an interview. Will keep all posted when my number is called. If anyone is worried about blood pressure try cutting your salt significantly out from your diet and get some exercise, a good diet and exercise will help 90% o all health problems. This is the most simple and easy advice I can give but two of the hardest to follow. Some people are worried about a fitness test if you are worried then start getting in shape then you will have nothing to fear. They look for this stuff so you don't get on the job and collapse or have a heart attack, it will be very demanding and if you don't like physical activity this is not the job for you. Good luck to everyone keep you all posted.

Hey guys for those of you who got the call to come in for the second medical would someone mind posting the number that they received a call from, I have to missed calls today from 2 numbers i dont know of, and just wanted to make sure it wasnt important. Thank you

Hey guys for those of you who got the call to come in for the second medical would someone mind posting the number that they received a call from, I have to missed calls today from 2 numbers i dont know of, and just wanted to make sure it wasnt important. Thank you

If the phone calls you missed were from (347) 643 8229, 8230, 8231, 8232 or (347) 643 xxxx, then it was probably from NYC Transit. 

They look for this stuff so you don't get on the job and collapse or have a heart attack, it will be very demanding and if you don't like physical activity this is not the job for you. Good luck to everyone keep you all posted.

Demanding? After reading post # 141 of http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/11393-any-updates-on-track-worker-exam-5016/page-15, I'm very curious about this...

Just to give people an idea of what we do in this type of weather (storm) those who work days 8-4 stay till either 4:00 pm the next day (32 hours) or midnight the next day (40 hours).

You shovel out tracks as needed in the yards once the snow covers the running rails.

If you work nights your brought in for roughly the same amount hours starting at 8:00 pm.

So pissed that I'm going to be missing the class on feb 2nd since I couldn't clear my medical hold in time. I would've been able to if we didn't get a snow storm. Doctors appointments got canceled and what not. Anyone have any idea when the next training class might be ?

I definetly understand why your upset, same thing happened to me with a different job. But listen, everything happens for a reason and i'm certain you'll get in next time around. What i want to know is how many people are in this training class, what's the highest list number in that class, and like you said, when's the next one. Everytime i call the human resource line i get no answers, oh well. When the time comes it'll come, and hopefully we'll be in the next training class together. As someone mentioned earlier in this forum, there's NO hiring freeze and supposively the MTA is in need of track workers. Since they did not reach into the 270s for this class, i can only imagine that this class is small in size. Which means they'll probably put another one right after, or hey, Maybe even a few weeks into the first one. But in any case, good things come to those who wait. Lastly, does anyone know how long the drug test is good for? That was a long day at livingston street and would hate to have to redo it, but if i must, so be it!

Edited by zajaybongo

Lastly, does anyone know how long the drug test is good for? That was a long day at livingston street and would hate to have to redo it, but if i must, so be it!

30 Calendar Days. From prior experience, if they call you for the second drug test, more than likely you'll get called for medical shortly after since these tests do cost $.

I would have to take another drug test even tho I passed the first one? I'm going back feb 12th and I'm sure my hold will be cleared

Yes. And if you come back clean, they will call you 2 or 3 days later for final processing...it's a little annoying, but not a big deal.

I'm mad as hell, they sent me home sans drug test saying they will call me in two to six weeks! My list no. Is under 50!

I think it has something to do with your credits that were used on the exam. I heard some people didn't deserve the extra credits or something along those lines.

Seriously? Even tho I was already called in for final processing before the medical hold was placed ?

When they called, they said to come in for medical and possibly final processing...they said that because if you had no medical problems, they would do final processing the same day. However, that did not happen...

I'm mad as hell, they sent me home sans drug test saying they will call me in two to six weeks! My list no. Is under 50!

I don't blame you, however, this is how the HR Dept. operates - just pray and hope that it will be closer to two weeks and not six...

March 23,2015 will be 2 years since i took exam 3600. Time is flying,but this waiting game is brutal.

Dang didn't even realize it was 2yrs already. Hopefully the continue to move quickly with the hiring process and it doesn't freeze up like it did with the Conductor exam.

I'm sure that the feb 2nd class is going to be extremely small. A lot of people with list numbers under 80 got turned away. Also a few people who are in the 100's like me who were there on jan 23 got put on medical hold. So I'm wondering what list numbers will be in this first class and hopefully it's small enough to the point that they put another class right after within the next month or so. I don't believe there will be a freeze . Since this first class will be small. , hopefully, just my opinion