Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process

TheBigLD
Message added by +Young+

Last know called # (322x)

The list for the next open-competitive track worker examination, Exam #8600, has been published.

Please see the Track Worker Exam #8600 topic for more information.

Well tomorrow is my first day. From what I heard, the class is about 20 to 30 in size. At least that's what a friend who is a track worker told me. One of the clerks during the hiring process told me out of every 100 hundred applicants roughly 10 to 20 make it through the hiring process. Not sure how true this is but it's just what I was told. Those of you who have been through the full process know that it was no walk in the park. From paper work to background checks to medical clearance it's been a roller coaster of an experience. I've never been through such an extensive hiring process. Even though I know I was good to go in all of the areas you always worry just a bit. As for the next class, I was also told it could be anywhere from 3 to 6 months minimum. It all depend on track worker positions becoming available and the need to fill them. Good luck to all you guys up next and hopefully I'll see you guys on the tracks!

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well tomorrow is my first day. From what I heard, the class is about 20 to 30 in size. At least that's what a friend who is a track worker told me. One of the clerks during the hiring process told me out of every 100 hundred applicants roughly 10 to 20 make it through the hiring process. Not sure how true this is but it's just what I was told. Those of you who have been through the full process know that it was no walk in the park. From paper work to background checks to medical clearance it's been a roller coaster of an experience. I've never been through such an extensive hiring process. Even though I know I was good to go in all of the areas you always worry just a bit. As for the next class, I was also told it could be anywhere from 3 to 6 months minimum. It all depend on track worker positions becoming available and the need to fill them. Good luck to all you guys up next and hopefully I'll see you guys on the tracks!

What's your list number if u don't mind saying ?

This is a great thread.  So I am low 300's, and have heard nothing as of yet.  To the guys who have, how where you contacted, email, mail, or phone?  A combination?  Does anyone think financial issues would have any bearing on the background check?  A contractor has a lean on my home due another contractor he was working with not paying him fully.  Not my fault in any way, i'm just caught in the middle of the whole deal.  Thanks, and good luck.

I'm mad as hell, they sent me home sans drug test saying they will call me in two to six weeks! My list no. Is under 50!

they did the same to me make sure you get in contact with dcas because they hr said they was gone fax back my paper work so they can decide when i would get a call back and never did it so make sure u stay on top of them, i received a new list number i spoke to the comminsor of dcas they gave me points for no reason 

congrats keep us posted hopefully the next class doesn't take that long you guys should be in pretty quick 

Hey guys just a bit of info. So the class began today as most of you know. There were 76 heads I counted. Not all however were track workers. I would say about 15-20 of my classmates were from other depts. I heard elevator/escalator repair, tower control, infrastructure repair, man and bx surface and clerical. I believe I overheard someone state their list number as track was early 200's. This was an HR orientation and the real class begins on Wednesday.

Hey guys just a bit of info. So the class began today as most of you know. There were 76 heads I counted. Not all however were track workers. I would say about 15-20 of my classmates were from other depts. I heard elevator/escalator repair, tower control, infrastructure repair, man and bx surface and clerical. I believe I overheard someone state their list number as track was early 200's. This was an HR orientation and the real class begins on Wednesday.

Thanks man. That was Great info

Thanks fellas! Heads up, try and get some homework done on 401k plans and how they work. At orientation they come fast and hard trying to get all your paperwork in. Luckily I had some knowledge on it but for those who don't heads up! Also get familiar with health plans such as ppo's and in network plans. They give you options so know what works for you so when you make your selections you'll be ahead of the game. These orientation classes are too large to get any good answers to questions you might have!

Called the MTA HR # (347) 643-8500 -  was informed that #157 was reached for this class in Feb. It's been mentioned here that they could possibly be in the 200's by now for the screening so I tried calling DCAS to find out if they can provide any other info but I get disconnected as soon as the call is transferred.

This is a great thread.  So I am low 300's, and have heard nothing as of yet.  To the guys who have, how where you contacted, email, mail, or phone?  A combination?  Does anyone think financial issues would have any bearing on the background check?  A contractor has a lean on my home due another contractor he was working with not paying him fully.  Not my fault in any way, i'm just caught in the middle of the whole deal.  Thanks, and good luck.

Financial issues have no bearing on your employment for Track worker.

So an update on my previous post, I was off by the number of track guys in this class. Today was my second day of orientation. As I previously stated there were 76 head count. So for the second half of the day we headed to the union office for their orientation. While we were there two reps, one from track and one from structural showed up to welcome us. They asked for each respective dept. a show of hands. The class was pretty much divided in half. So by my count about 35 guys from track made it in.

...so I tried calling DCAS to find out if they can provide any other info but I get disconnected as soon as the call is transferred.

Good luck with that - i also tried calling and all I got was when the list was released, when it's going to expire and how many candidates are on the list. That's it.

157 people off the list nothing is going to happen until the class is over and they need to hire more people. My guess is people aren't gonna start getting letters again until late spring early summer. Unless a lot of people retire or fail the class the rest of us are gonna have a long wait. Good look to everyone.

Cmon man, have some positivity ! Expect the worst, but hope for the best.

Cmon man, have some positivity ! Expect the worst, but hope for the best.

I'm not being negative I'm being realistic, do the math. Took test in March 2013, a scantron it took six months to post an answer key then six months to get our results back then six months to make a list up then four months to make one class. That's almost a two year process and according to a post earlier on about 35 people in the class from track worker but 157 have been called and the aren't even up to the 300's yet and we don't know how many if any people didn't make it which could mean several more classes could be made before anyone else gets a letter. So I'm not being negative or positive I am a realist. I hope things move faster but I don't see it happening soon is all.

I'm not being negative I'm being realistic, do the math. Took test in March 2013, a scantron it took six months to post an answer key then six months to get our results back then six months to make a list up then four months to make one class. That's almost a two year process and according to a post earlier on about 35 people in the class from track worker but 157 have been called and the aren't even up to the 300's yet and we don't know how many if any people didn't make it which could mean several more classes could be made before anyone else gets a letter. So I'm not being negative or positive I am a realist. I hope things move faster but I don't see it happening soon is all.

Yea you are right about that all we can do is hope they try to pull another class while the first class is going thru

And its only valid for 3 years but that 3 years are gonna be fast hopefully they at least get to the 4 thousands by then