Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process

TheBigLD
Message added by +Young+

Last know called # (322x)

The list for the next open-competitive track worker examination, Exam #8600, has been published.

Please see the Track Worker Exam #8600 topic for more information.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi All  First off thank you all for all the input.  Does anyone know if one can go down to 130 Livingston to check on status of list number?  I live in a very populated area as of the last few years.  my local post office is known to not deliver all the mail.  My list number is 38* - 41*.  kind of on the fence right now

you dont know. alot of people dont make it (many seem for drugs) and others are told to come back another time. paperwork not done 100%. One guy today didnt have his paper work all filled out (he pass med) and they told him to finish it now but he didnt know the info and said there is no one he can call and he live to far away to make it back before 4pm so they told him to come back another day. Another person forgot his DL at home and he had to leave.

They are most likely gonna call people mon or tues to come in for med & FP this coming week as i was one of the last to leave on friday and they said they have ABOUT half of what they want/need. So make sure your paperwork is 100% filled out and if you dont know the dates try and find them out as they wont take i dont know answer. My med was vision (color numbers in a circle (6 of them), circles (really the letter C) asking which way its facing up,down,left or right on a line., shapes and which of the four in each box (6 boxes) had the most depth then a shield comes down infront of your eyes and they say which light is blinking (u cant remove your head, the light is in the far upper right and left corners of the unit not on the screen). EKG, now if you are hairy you might want to trim/shave your chest and upper arms. Hearing was in a box and you will hear a sound like beep,beep,beep or puff,puff,puff. Each sound had 3 beeps or puffs and you had to push a button and let go as soon as you hear the first beep or puff. Lung test. You blow has hard and as fast as you can and keep push that air out until they say stop (i think this was hard as i didnt have much air left before they say stop). Pee in cup to see what your blood sugar level is. Blood pressure (pump your arm up thing). Height and your weight check. Then they say wait up front (that means behind the blue wall not way up front) .Then a doctor twill go over you asking to bend and touch your toes, lift your arms up and bend side to side and they psuh down on your arms and legs lightly and you have to resist it and they will go over your med history with you. Before this all starts you will be on a computer filling out yes/no questions on your med history and thats the questions they will go over with you at the end of the med. If you pass then its off to see the interview person then pic id person and last finger print scan person.

Edited by hopeful one

Ok went today for medical and final processing. The next class is May 18,2015 and they have about half the people they need/want so far. Make sure that 21pg book is filled out 100% dont leave any blanks. They want no gap (in time) in your job history since you left high school. Make sure there is no pending court or traffic things on you (try to wrap them up if u can).

congrats bro! after getting a first call in Jan and waiting for 3 months they got back to you all in one week nice! congrats again and keep us updated...

I want to say so much, but I'm a special case and I'm afraid what I say may hinder my acceptance. I'm a former transit worker. I resigned from transit pending disciplinary action.I did this after I signed up for test #3600, but before taking test #3600. I can remember discussing my aspirations of becoming a track worker with my TWU union lawyer and him handing me a resignation letter to sign and hand-in. In other words, I quit before they fired me, with the intention of coming back to the company as a Track worker.

So to begin, my list number is 31*. Got my 1st letter for Apr 9 at 7:30. Being a former Transit worker, I rembered that the pass numbers in my original training class were in an sequential order based on who got their epic pass first. The first person through the hiring process got their epic pass first. In my class, it turned out to be the order in which we walked in the building the 1st day of the hiring process. How did transit know what order we walked in the building?

When you initially get to the 5th fl at 180 Livingston, you will be ID'ed and given a number. That number determines the order in which you will be processed. I knew this and arrived at 07:00am instead of 07:30 in order to get the best position possible. I was like the second or third person there. At some point, they ask people to form a couple of lines. The one I was suppposed to be on was kinda long, so I waited for the line to diminish to about three or four people, then I got on it. (some people might recognize me already lol) I knew that no matter who's on that line, I'm gonna be dealt with first since I got my ticket first.

Once they handed me the 21 page booklet, about ten mins passed before they started calling people by name from that long ass line. They call me third, which is how I know which order I came in the building. A manager approaches me a stand up desk and asks for all the required IDs (birth certs,visas,etc) Then he asks if I have any outstanding tickets besides parking tickets. My answer is yes, as my license is currently suspended from not paying a 'no inspection sticker' ticket back in 2005. The man pull out some paper and a highlighter, marked some things on it and handed it to me. Told me to call the number at the top once my issue was resolved and that he could not now guarantee that I would make the next class. He asked me to bring back physical proof that my issue was resolved.

At this point, I've virtually paid all my tickets, but can't get physical proof until tues Apr 14th. At that point I'll call that number they gave me. They will probably schedule me to come in the very next day and I'll go through the process again, but I'll have lost the seniority position in my class that I would have had. That's if all works well from here. Like I said, I'm a former Transit employee who quit in lieu of being fired for a major infraction as far as Transit is concerned. I still have to jump that hurdle. To be continued...

good luck to you British, seems like you been on a rough road, get that info they are asking for and stay on top of them

I called the automated number for DCAS and its saying im on an outstanding certification again. Last month I called and it said i was no longer on certification. Did this happen to anyone else? Any ideas why, im thinking maybe they have to do it again since its a new class.

Hi All  First off thank you all for all the input.  Does anyone know if one can go down to 130 Livingston to check on status of list number?  I live in a very populated area as of the last few years.  my local post office is known to not deliver all the mail.  My list number is 38* - 41*.  kind of on the fence right now

First, I believe it is 180 Livingston Street and not 130 (use Google or Mapquest to double check). I am 100% sure that the place is not opposite the New York Transit Museum.

From prior experience, I would give them a call first @ 347-643-8229, 8230, 8231, 8232 to clarify this issue.

A 10 to 15 minute phone call is better than wasting 1/2 of a day, especially if they tell you that they have not reached your list # yet. 

Edited by YoungNYCSubwayFan

Thanks for all the great info.   As for the dates for previous employers, if you know the month and year you were hired, but not the exact day of the month, do you think that would be good enough ?

I wasnt 100% sure on some days also so was told a long time ago to always put the 1st. Many jobs will only give yr and title you did.....if they even ask a job for that info.

congrats bro! after getting a first call in Jan and waiting for 3 months they got back to you all in one week nice! congrats again and keep us updated...

Thanks, will do.

Thanks for all the great info.   As for the dates for previous employers, if you know the month and year you were hired, but not the exact day of the month, do you think that would be good enough ?

From my personal experience when filling out that booklet for B/O 2613, I think the month and year will suffice. If you need to put down a date, just make an educated guess. That's what I did last time and I did not get questioned about it, as long as there were no gaps.

I resolved my license issues and although I don't yet have physical proof, I decided to try and make another appointment anyway. Well I called the number I was given last Apr 9. I was sent to an answering machine all day until about 1630. Someone on the line told me that they were not dealing with track workers this week and to call Ms Robinson tomorrow for further consideration. Needless to say, my discouragement level has risen ten-fold upon hearing that.

hi all. I have been following this post for a while now and wanted to thank you for the info. i have one question. I keep seeing people mention make sure to have no gaps in work history when filling out 21 page booklet. I have been out of work for like 2 years but i have been taking care of a relative for most of that time. my question is what would i put down considering this would be a gap in my employment history.

I called the automated number for DCAS and its saying im on an outstanding certification again. Last month I called and it said i was no longer on certification. Did this happen to anyone else? Any ideas why, im thinking maybe they have to do it again since its a new class.

I also called and its telling me that im on a outstanding cerification while last month it told me i was not on a outstanding certification.

Every time I called DCAS prior to otherwise, I got a message telling me that I was 'not on outstanding certification.' Until the day I called and the message said I was 'on outstanding certification.' I kinda panicked, but the last sworn in was still list #156. I checked my mail an hour later and the transit letter had arrived.

Do with that what you will...