Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process

TheBigLD
Message added by +Young+

Last know called # (322x)

The list for the next open-competitive track worker examination, Exam #8600, has been published.

Please see the Track Worker Exam #8600 topic for more information.

I resolved my license issues and although I don't yet have physical proof, I decided to try and make another appointment anyway. Well I called the number I was given last Apr 9. I was sent to an answering machine all day until about 1630. Someone on the line told me that they were not dealing with track workers this week and to call Ms Robinson tomorrow for further consideration. Needless to say, my discouragement level has risen ten-fold upon hearing that.

Thats not true. Did you call on 4-14  and if so what they say?

hi all. I have been following this post for a while now and wanted to thank you for the info. i have one question. I keep seeing people mention make sure to have no gaps in work history when filling out 21 page booklet. I have been out of work for like 2 years but i have been taking care of a relative for most of that time. my question is what would i put down considering this would be a gap in my employment history.

put down what you just said. If you have any kind of proof that`s what you were doing then bring that with you otherwise i would ask people to wright a letter saying you were taking care of so n so and have them sign it. Always a good idea in trying to be one step ahead of something they might ask you to do (which would delay you).GL

Anyone else going in for final processing tomorrow ?

GL man and keep everyone info what happens.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

put down what you just said. If you have any kind of proof that`s what you were doing then bring that with you otherwise i would ask people to wright a letter saying you were taking care of so n so and have them sign it. Always a good idea in trying to be one step ahead of something they might ask you to do (which would delay you).GL

From prior experience, if you can have the letter notarized by all parties, that would be great! If the person you were taking care of is home bound, another close family member can sign the note in front of the notary public.

A lot of you may be thinking that this cost $$, but if you have a bank account or two, a representative from the bank should do it without charge.

To the guys that recently got hired, I didn't receive my pass today , is that normal ?

When I went for the B/O position, they physically handed out the passes at the first day of training at Zerega. They did not hand them out at Livingston Street.

Since you are newbie, this is probably normal routine.

Anyone thats working on the job now can give feedback on what cloths you wear and what you guys/gals do for lunch and anythings else that you bought for the job.

I wear "work" jeans and t shirt in summer. A lot of guys in maintainence bring there own lunch from home. Not sure about capital ( haven't been there in a while). Whatever you wear expect to get dirty.

To the guys that recently got hired, I didn't receive my pass today , is that normal ?

Yes. Was told will get them first day. Congrats

I wear "work" jeans and t shirt in summer. A lot of guys in maintainence bring there own lunch from home. Not sure about capital ( haven't been there in a while). Whatever you wear expect to get dirty.

Thanks. Got a ton of t-shirts, looks like i might have to get more pants and lunch box

heard from a person that went today that they asked how many people they got and was told about 3/4. So it looks like they still need a few more to fill this class

Edited by hopeful one

Been in the hiring process since jan 8th and was finally sworn in today, good luck to all other prospective track workers

Been seeing your journey from the beginning of this thread, congratulations to you, its show having patients and being consistent helps. Congrats again, keep us informed as you move along

In my last post, i discussed how I was getting no positive feedback from caling HR by phone. Either no answer, or straight to voicemail, or straight to a full voicemail box. I have to be in that May 18th class. What should I do to get another appointment? I decided to blitz their phones. I started calling every two hours. If I got a human, I would tell them my name and situation. They would subsequently tell me that it's not their responsibility and they would transfer me to the right party. That transfer always led me to a voicemail box. There, I would once again leave my name and situation. Plan is to have them hear my name & voice so much that it becomes annoying to the point that they would have to deal with me to get rid of me.

On Tuesday the 14th, I started my attack. Every two hours, call one of the numbers I have, get sent to voicemail, state my case, rinse & repeat. On Wed the 15th, I make a 0930 call to a Ms Robinson, who totally catches me off guard by picking up the call after three days of talking to a full voicemail box. I explain my situation, and she tells me to come in tomorrow at 0730 to start the process again. For some reason, I folow that by saying 'maybe I could come in today?' She then tells me that she would see me if I came in before noon. Needless to say, I got there at noon, and three hours later, I had gotten past the most important step in getting hired: the drug test.

Yes folks, that drug test. I estimate that at least close to half of applicants will fail. Look at the list numbers. Let's say a class holds 45 track workers. We've had one (1) class thus far and one on the way. Persons are sworn in before class. If the 1st class of 45 has list #156 sworn in, 156 - 45 = the # of people who didn't qualify from first 156 applicants. That's way less than a 50% success rate, most of wich can be attributed to our country's infatuation with marijuana. Since it leaves traces of itself in your system for longer periods of time than other drugs, it's the one they catch people on. Your criminal record is not nearly as important as that drug test. I'm speaking from the perpspective of a former employee that has worked alongside a handful of ex-cons.

My theory: Barring any medical hold, or a violent criminal history, if you pass the drug test, you're hired.

To be continued..

Whenever i call HR, they're always vague in what they say, and they won't even give an approximate list number of the most recent person who got called for final processing, guess patience is key

You need to speak to ms Robinson , the key is to call her early. Like 9/930 am 347 643 8198. She is in charge for track workers

From prior experience, if you can have the letter notarized by all parties, that would be great! If the person you were taking care of is home bound, another close family member can sign the note in front of the notary public.

A lot of you may be thinking that this cost $$, but if you have a bank account or two, a representative from the bank should do it without charge.

thanks for the feed back. i still have a little wait time befor i get that faithful letter in the mail as my number is in the upper 500s.

Yeah, only went in for drug test though, first one in january, then another one april 8th, just havent gotten the call for final processing, but im in the 280s and ms robinson said they are up to 240s for final processing and she said they are still calling people, hope i get that call

good luck to you British, seems like you been on a rough road, get that info they are asking for and stay on top of them

Soon as you get it taken care of just go back to 180 Livingston street at 7:30 to continue. I forgot a few things and had to return they gave me a piece of paper and said to hold onto it because I needed it when I came back. I was told to call back and set up an appointment so I could come back and start the process I called everyday for 5 days, finally I got to speak to the person the person they said I needed to speak to, to set up an appointment she said come in any day be here by 7:30 she said I didn't need to call glad I wasted a week of my time I had all papers ready the same day coulda been there and done already now I have to wait til Monday

That's exactly the impression I got. It's a beauraucracy down there. What the HR dept does is what they do everyday. As soon as I got my problem taken care of, I could've went down there and taken care of my transit business instead of making a bunch of phone calls to nobody. I suggest getting there before noon because if you want to drug test, you need at least three hours to spare; and the HR people go home at 1600.

Hey,

I've been a silent surfer of this forum since the announcement of exam 3600 and I would like to say congratulations to all who have made it!!! However, I can't help but notice how slowly the list is moving and wondering if they'd ever make it to my list number. I scored a 95 and I am in the 21** bracket. For the first time in forever, I'm looking at my 95 as if it's a 65. Lol ... At this rate I can't help but feel that the list will expire long before my number's reached. Alas, such is life I suppose. In any event, just wanted to chime in with a congrats to all of the initiated.

Hey,

I've been a silent surfer of this forum since the announcement of exam 3600 and I would like to say congratulations to all who have made it!!! However, I can't help but notice how slowly the list is moving and wondering if they'd ever make it to my list number. I scored a 95 and I am in the 21** bracket. For the first time in forever, I'm looking at my 95 as if it's a 65. Lol ... At this rate I can't help but feel that the list will expire long before my number's reached. Alas, such is life I suppose. In any event, just wanted to chime in with a congrats to all of the initiated.

Why are you thinking so negative? You did good with the 95 score you got, don't worry about it! You're just going to have to wait longer to get called compared to some of the other folks, that's all. Also, keep in mind that the list consists of 12,495 names, therefore I would consider the fact that there are over 10,000 people behind you waiting to get called compared to the number in front of you.

As far as when you are going to get called, I can make a prediction using some math based on some information that was already provided by another member. Allow me to elaborate:

According to post # 640 on page 64, as of 4/16/15 the last list number to be processed was in the 240s. Let's say that this number stays the same for the remainder of the month.

Now if my memory serves me correctly, they stared calling candidates for this position in January, which means that it took them four [4] months to get to this number. If we multiply this number by 3, since 4 x 3 = 12 (12 months in a year), they will process approximately 720 people per year. Which means that, if this rate stays the same, in two years they will process 1,440 people (720 x 2), in three years they will process 2,160 people (720 x 3), in four years they will process 2,880 people (720 x 4), and in five years (if they extend the list) they will process 3,600 people (720 x 5).

So if your list number is in the 2100s, according to this rate, you just have to wait another 2 & 1/2 years. I wouldn't worry about it, time flies, plus I also got a 95 and my list # is 280x. Just be sure to stay clean (from drugs), stay out of trouble, stay healthy and you'll be fine.

NOTE: The rate I calculated above is only an educated guess. As time develops, like in January of 2016, we should have more information of how many people the HR Dept. processed. With this better information, we can then take another educated guess to try to figure out which list number will be called and when, and who will not be called at all.

Questions? Feel free to PM (private message) me.