Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process

TheBigLD
Message added by +Young+

Last know called # (322x)

The list for the next open-competitive track worker examination, Exam #8600, has been published.

Please see the Track Worker Exam #8600 topic for more information.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally back on certification as of today. Get ready for letters to roll in this month people. Good luck. For some reason they had taken us off cert last month. Hopefully within the next 2 to 3 weeks class starts.

I'm really expecting a phone call. The people getting letters are really just beginning the process. I got my first letter in the beginning of February. From my previous experience, I expect the next contact to be by phone. And yes, I ended up cancelling my trip to the west coast, although right now, I wish I hadn't.

Hey british...was there any particular reason why they sent you your letter in February and still haven't signed you up for a class? Did they just fill the previous classes before getting to your number or did they need you to bring in some sort of documentation. Did they even give you a hint as to why that happened?

This is the process for all incoming transit workers, except for the ones that make the very first class from an eligible list. The first letter is for the first urinalysis. If you pass that, they'll call you back when they have your spot ready in a training class. That could be months down the road. My list number is 31*. I took my first urinalysis in February. The next time they "call" me, I'll have to take another, but I'll be in the upcoming class. This time, I won't be waiting months, but maybe a week. If you're waiting for your first contact, you won't be in a class until next year, maybe.

I understand the process. Its the same with all government jobs. I believe the situation was that they just didn't get to your number in the first 2 classes though. I know people who start working maybe a month after receiving their letter. Its just strange that they sent out a letter to anyone in the 300s in February. I'm only a few people behind you so I expect to make the next class. Usually when you get that letter you are in a group of people expected to be in the up coming class. Good luck anyway. Hope you make it. If your number gets called I will most likely get called also.

Your schedule is set Dunnlick it doesn't change for years. New people don't tend to get mornings. If I'm not mistaken the only way it changes is if you bid for a change and get it. Expect to work nights for the next couple of years.

Your schedule is set Dunnlick it doesn't change for years. New people don't tend to get mornings. If I'm not mistaken the only way it changes is if you bid for a change and get it. Expect to work nights for the next couple of years.

UPO 1 got my letter too gotta be downtown 16th good luck see you hope we all pass these test I know for sure gonna pass drug test and medical see about interview

Received a letter today for Track pre-employment...is there any way I can defer my name on the list for future consideration? Before anyone asks why...long story!! but, is this even possible on a NYCT list? Should I call one of the listed numbers above to inquire Monday?

Rcvw you can always tell them to call you at a later date. In the past you could do it by letter. I will read my letter and let you know but I think it has that option on there. But if not just go in on your date and tell them you want to be called at a later date. They will keep you on the list and call you for the next class you would be eligible for. Will read my letter and get back to you. I know people who turned the job down for at least a year then finally took it when transit said this is your last chance.

The letter says you can decline appointment and will remain off of the list until you "submit a written request to DCAS at 1 Centre street, 21st floor, New York, NY 10007 requesting that your name be restored to the list." Do that and they will call you at a later date. The letter also says that if you do NOT want to be considered for appointment then don't report to appointment on the date the letter states.

Received a letter today for Track pre-employment...is there any way I can defer my name on the list for future consideration? Before anyone asks why...long story!! but, is this even possible on a NYCT list? Should I call one of the listed numbers above to inquire Monday?

Rcvw you can always tell them to call you at a later date. In the past you could do it by letter. I will read my letter and let you know but I think it has that option on there. But if not just go in on your date and tell them you want to be called at a later date. They will keep you on the list and call you for the next class you would be eligible for. Will read my letter and get back to you. I know people who turned the job down for at least a year then finally took it when transit said this is your last chance.

Generally speaking, the rule of thumb with any civil service examination, whether is it for NYC Transit, NYC DOT, NYPD, etc., is that you have three [3] chances to restore your name to the list. Therefore, if you initially turn it down the offer, you would still have the opportunity to restore your name by writing a letter to DCAS...keep in mind though that if you do initially turn down the offer, you would be losing a few years towards your pension, retirement, etc.

Edited by YoungNYCSubwayFan

To RCVW, if this is your first contact, which it seems to be, take that day off and go piss for them. Your next contact, which may be months from now, is when you should consider removing yourself from consideration. Being that I know you and what you do, I would strongly advise against removing yourself from consideration. This job seems perfect for you, schedule wise. You could pursue your love during the day while working nights. This is my advice to you without knowing any extra details besides what I already know about you. GQ.

I know your list number, so don't expect to be called for the next class.

Haven't been processed, but you won't see a doctor until you pass a urine test. That's at least three days from initial test. Only then will you see a doctor and pre-interview. So if I go in on Wednesday, I'll be waiting until next week to continue with medical and such.

MTA gives randoms to employees. Trust me the minute you take that test they know if you failed or not. Never the less, from what i've seen posted you don't do your medical until the following week at the earliest. Was just wondering if anyone else's letter stated that they are scheduled for pre interview and medical which includes hearing exam on the same date. This is what was on my letter. Things change so maybe they will do both on day 1. If anyone has the same thing on their letter please confirm.

Urines samples are picked up daily by Quest Diagnostics. They can take your sample as far as Philadelphia for testing. So nothing happens the same day as a using test. 3 days for results to come back, which is why you'll have to wait till at least the following week to continue the process.