Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process

TheBigLD
Message added by +Young+

Last know called # (322x)

The list for the next open-competitive track worker examination, Exam #8600, has been published.

Please see the Track Worker Exam #8600 topic for more information.

Once ur urine test is finished, they will tell u to expect contact from them between 3-90 days so i promise u they will not give u final processing the same day as urine test. This will be my third urine test for transit ( 2 for track worker, and one for the title im currently working)

I have to come in on 9/16 Wednesday

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MTA gives randoms to employees. Trust me the minute you take that test they know if you failed or not. Never the less, from what i've seen posted you don't do your medical until the following week at the earliest. Was just wondering if anyone else's letter stated that they are scheduled for pre interview and medical which includes hearing exam on the same date. This is what was on my letter. Things change so maybe they will do both on day 1. If anyone has the same thing on their letter please confirm.

I got the same letter you did gonna find out tomorrow what happens keep ya posted

Been here (180 Livingston) since 6:15 got here nice and early. First one called for track worker didn't fill out the pre employment packet that came in mail because I filled it out last time. DON'T do what I did fill it out I know it is redundant but it will only delay your time here luckily I have the big packet filled out so it didn't take to long to fill out. Now waiting for management approval (again) nothing has changed except for time so should be good. See whats next post up later

Same for me with the application. Figured since I filled it before, it would be redundant. Had to fill it out again. Ended up being the last incoming track worker processed for urine. No big deal, since when it came time to piss, I was ready. Now, just waiting for a call back for medical and interview.

Another wasted day at 180 Livingston the letter says come in for medical and pre interview but 7 hours wasted to piss in a cup really I lost a day of pay again to piss in a cup 7 hours why not have us come in all to piss room piss and. Leave nope sit in one room for 5 hours then the piss room for 2 hours it's amazing how long this takes

57 is a good number, but will it affect the usual 45 per training class quota? 45 is a good number for me being that my list number is 31* and the last hired was 272. 57 guarantees me a seat in the next class, barring my previous transit work record. I'll keep you all posted.

57 is a good number, but will it affect the usual 45 per training class quota?

IMHO, and this is my opinion, it should speed things up a little bit. My list # is 280*, so I know I have a long way to go, but I'll eventually get there, some day...

I finally got my letter in the mail today. It said come in on the 24 for a pre interview medical and there will be a hearing test. It also said wear business casual clothing, what is that exactly? I am in the 410s so I doubt i will make it into October 5th class unless they have a second group.

I finally got my letter in the mail today. It said come in on the 24 for a pre interview medical and there will be a hearing test. It also said wear business casual clothing, what is that exactly?

When I went for my pre-interview, it was during the winter so I wore a nice pair of black jeans, a black sweater and a yellow polo shirt with the collar sticking out. I also remember wearing either black sneakers or black boots. The key word is casual, so you don't have to wear a suit and a tie or anything like that.

dunnlick the recruiters confirmed the october 5th date for the next class. Anyone making that class should expect a call next week. I should be there and so should you. God luck and see you then.

Right on I know its been a long wait but we are finally down to the wire and it's about to snap an we are all gonna get a sweet gig

I finally got my letter in the mail today. It said come in on the 24 for a pre interview medical and there will be a hearing test. It also said wear business casual clothing, what is that exactly? I am in the 410s so I doubt i will make it into October 5th class unless they have a second group.

Your going down to pee in a cup that's it don't expect anything more do plan on being there all day

When I went for my pre-interview, it was during the winter so I wore a nice pair of black jeans, a black sweater and a yellow polo shirt with the collar sticking out. I also remember wearing either black sneakers or black boots. The key word is casual, so you don't have to wear a suit and a tie or anything like that.

Thanks for the help, the business part was throwing me off.

Right on I know its been a long wait but we are finally down to the wire and it's about to snap an we are all gonna get a sweet gig

Your going down to pee in a cup that's it don't expect anything more do plan on being there all day

While you wait is there anything to do?

Thanks for the help, the business part was throwing me off.

You're welcome.

While you wait is there anything to do?

Not really, I brought a book to read. It is like DMV in which you have to wait for your number to be called. Those who get there first will get a smaller list number, respectively.

While you wait you can fill out your packet. Trust me you won't want to spend hours doing it on your own time. I finished all 21 pages before I even got a chance to piss. Oh and congrats. As for making it to the Oct 5th class good luck and keep this in mind. A lot of people fail the drug test, a lot fail the background, and a lot won't even finish filling out the packet. They have been taking 100+ people off of the list to fill a 35 person class since February. This class is double the normal size that means they potentially have to go through 200+ people to fill the class cause a lot won't make it through the process. Last number hired was 272 which means that they could potentially get to 472 for this class. You are a good amount behind me so considering you got your letter that could mean that some people got their letters and turned it down and some could have failed the drug or they could be gearing up for the class after this one. In either case it means good things for people who were in the first round of letters sent out this time around. Good luck though bobert. Hope you make it.

While you wait you can fill out your packet. Trust me you won't want to spend hours doing it on your own time. I finished all 21 pages before I even got a chance to piss.

If you have all of the information in your mind, you can absolutely do so. However, I had to look some stuff up, and since I did not bring anything to lean on, my best bet was to fill out that packet at a later time. This is just me, personally.

I only had the info because I am being processed for a few police departments. I know most won't have the info but at least you can start. I've filled out worse for NCPD and university police. These packets can be very tedious. They tend to be so bad that a lot of people say forget this crap and never finish filling them out. Trust me bobert. Do what you can at the office and do the rest at home. It will make a big difference.

Let's talk medical. I recall someone talking about it in previous posts, but I would like more details. Do I have to remove any clothing, and is there physical contact with the physician? What sort of touching and checking will be going on? Will they use a stethoscope? Blood pressure check? That will determine how I dress that day also.

I just received my letter to come down for the pre interview list number in the 48× but I will be declining because I got hired as a bus operator from exam 2613 I have almost 2 years on the job 1 more year to top pay don't want to start all over and wait 5 years for top pay