Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process

TheBigLD
Message added by +Young+

Last know called # (322x)

The list for the next open-competitive track worker examination, Exam #8600, has been published.

Please see the Track Worker Exam #8600 topic for more information.

Thanks for the tip man, but it looks like letters from what this person mentioned. But I'll be expecting either or in any case.

If you get a letter your gonna go in for a piss test if your time has run out since last piss test (I believe it's 90 days). A phone call then your going down for physical exam and final processing good luck

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea my 90 days expired 12/28, as with most of us it'll be round 2. But certification just started today. Doing a little research in the thread the certification for the last 2 classes began in July. But letters weren't received until the end of August beginning of September. But hopefully the letter will come sooner. At least the wheels are turning, if I gotta wait a bit more so be it. Anyway Thanks for that Dunnlick.

Yea my 90 days expired 12/28, as with most of us it'll be round 2. But certification just started today. Doing a little research in the thread the certification for the last 2 classes began in July. But letters weren't received until the end of August beginning of September. But hopefully the letter will come sooner. At least the wheels are turning, if I gotta wait a bit more so be it. Anyway Thanks for that Dunnlick.

Look on the bright side maybe you will get to start in the spring when it's not so cold out Edited by Dunnlick

Even better news, just received a letter to go down to Livingston for my second drug test on Thursday the 21st. Looks like it's happening sooner than later. List number in the 485-495 range.

EDIT: Also, do I have to fill out this pre-employment packet for a second time? I've been seeing some conflicting information. Some say you do, some say you don't. I've been trying to get through to Livingston, I guess I'll keep trying.

Edited by SteveNYC

Even better news, just received a letter to go down to Livingston for my second drug test on Thursday the 21st. Looks like it's happening sooner than later. List number in the 485-495 range.

EDIT: Also, do I have to fill out this pre-employment packet for a second time? I've been seeing some conflicting information. Some say you do, some say you don't. I've been trying to get through to Livingston, I guess I'll keep trying.

For another drug test...no.

For medical and possibly final processing...yes.

Edited by YoungNYCSubwayFan

any idea of the size of class or when this would possibly start?

As far as starting possibly soon, DCAS certification only went into effect as of Sunday. I wasn't expecting this letter for a few weeks. As far as the class size depends on the needs of Transit. We'll find out when we're down there.

Congrats you are gonna most likely go down for a drug test then expect a call within the next week or two following that, the call is when you go for final processing. You don't need to fill out the entire packet but they should have sent you the same form you filled out the first time you went in a few pages long asks about work history and a few others that must be filled out again I repeat not the big packet. I didn't fill out the smaller one they sent because I had already filled it out but when I got there they made me fill it out again so do it now. Also the lowest seniority number is 1761 so they need another 239 hires to make the federal mandated amount of 2000 track workers good luck stay clean.

Got a letter today to go in two days to start my process. I cant take off work, so they were pretty cool about it and said just come down any day this week or next. Looks like the are processing people everyday...how big are the classes?

Usually 25-30 per class but they can have back to back classes

For another drug test...no.

For medical and possibly final processing...yes.

If you followed the posts you would see his drug test expired the 28th of December so he needs To retake the drug test and it is usually an all day process I was there for over 8 hours just to pee in a cup. Then was called the following Friday to come down or medical and final processing was the same for my entire class.

Edited by YoungNYCSubwayFan

If you followed the posts you would see his drug test expired the 28th of December so he needs To retake the drug test and it is usually an all day process I was there for over 8 hours just to pee in a cup. Then was called the following Friday to come down or medical and final processing was the same for my entire class.

To tell you the truth, I haven't been following his posts. Plus, what I posted is from my experience with the processing for B/O 2613 in late 2013 and early 2014.

Just following up on this thread ... My drug test expired in December and I know I have to go back down and redo it again.

Question is how will they reach out to us?

By phone call or will it be by letter again ?

Also has anyone from that September 28th drug test class gotten called back down to re-do the test yet ?

Thanks in advance

Congrats you are gonna most likely go down for a drug test then expect a call within the next week or two following that, the call is when you go for final processing. You don't need to fill out the entire packet but they should have sent you the same form you filled out the first time you went in a few pages long asks about work history and a few others that must be filled out again I repeat not the big packet. I didn't fill out the smaller one they sent because I had already filled it out but when I got there they made me fill it out again so do it now. Also the lowest seniority number is 1761 so they need another 239 hires to make the federal mandated amount of 2000 track workers good luck stay clean.

Usually 25-30 per class but they can have back to back classes

Yea I got down there early, was home by 11:30am. I wound up filling it out again, the part of the pre-employment packet which entailed 10 years of work history, addresses, and school. Funny thing was I called transit the other day to clarify, and she said I didn't have to fill it out again. That same lady was the one who handed me the papers to fill out again this morning, I recognized her voice right away. Luckily I had my completed 21 page packet with me so I could go through the 10 years of work history. I've been in the union 14 years, worked in quite a few shops, so I wouldn't have remembered it all off the top of my head. That's a good sign then with 239 spots open.

Edited by SteveNYC

Just following up on this thread ... My drug test expired in December and I know I have to go back down and redo it again.

Question is how will they reach out to us?

By phone call or will it be by letter again ?

Also has anyone from that September 28th drug test class gotten called back down to re-do the test yet ?

Thanks in advance

I was down there Sept 28th. My list number is in the 485-495 range. I was talking to a guy down there his number was in the single digit 500's. I received my letter 2 days ago, it was postmarked the 15th. You should be getting something in the mail soon enough, especially with Dunnlick mentioning 239 vacancies. Make sure when you get the packet you fill it out again, I actually called Livingston to verify a few days ago, was told I didn't need to, but when I got there I had to fill it out again. Apparently the drug test, and the pre-employment paperwork are only good for 90 days. I saw a few familiar faces but not many. But as I said keep an eye out for the mail. I'd say within a week tops if you're under 550 you should be getting mail from Transit.

One thing I did notice was after I finished my drug test, went to the front desk, instead of telling me to expect a call for medical and final processing, they told me to expect an email within 3-90 days this time around. Guess they changed up the system a bit.

Edited by SteveNYC

Was down there today, got the huge packet to fill out and took my piss test...next step is email for medical...list between 460-470, hoping to be in the first group.  

Glad to see you got straightened out. I was wondering what happened to you from our last conversation a few weeks back. Same with me, expect the e-mail for medical. Have fun filling out that 21 page packet, I'm glad I finished mine in October.

Who is the best person to contact at 180 livingston regarding Track worker..I have tried updating my contact info numberous times with the change form and they still have my old address according to Ms chestnut..

I am also on other exam but Ms chestnut only seems to deal with Bus operator info..

Who is the best person to contact at 180 livingston regarding Track worker..I have tried updating my contact info numberous times with the change form and they still have my old address according to Ms chestnut..

I am also on other exam but Ms chestnut only seems to deal with Bus operator info..

Mrs Robinson deals with the Trackworkers. Your best bet would be to go there instead of talking to them on the phone. But if you insist on calling I think this is her number 1-347-643-8198. It's a direct number, so you won't be dealing with any menu options.

Edited by SteveNYC

Also the best time to call there is either really early before 9am or late afternoon around 3:30-4pm. Those times I always got someone to pick up after a few rings. Between 10am - 2pm is usually the most busy times, and you most likely will have a hard time getting through.

steve...any idea when we should get emails for medical?  Did they tell you because the didnt for me..just said, wait for it.  Also, any idea of what the medical consists of?

Well according to someone who posted here there is a class Feb 22 and March 28. Even though both dates are on a Monday, I'm not completely sold on that until I hear a few others confirm it. But if it is true, I would say anytime between now and 4-6 weeks max. If it's the February class expect it within the next week or 2 tops, but if it's the March class add a few weeks to that. Transit gets the drug test results 72 hours after you provide the specimen. That's why you always hear the 3 days minimum for a call back, in our case e-mail back.

As far as the medical exam, from what I understand, it's a hearing, eye, EKG, blood pressure, check the glucose levels in your urine, some reflex tests, agility ( stretching, touching toes etc ) and from I've read they ask you a boatload of questions of your medical history. Big thing is the blood pressure, and the EKG. Just avoid the salty foods for a while, and don't drink a liter of soda before the glucose test. But we'll find out completely when we are there.

EDIT: Going back to what I mentioned in the first paragraph, you also have to factor the number of people who were placed on a medical hold that did not make the October classes. They will get first priority over everyone, as long as they got their issues resolved. The amount of people placed on a medical hold could be anyone's guess.

Edited by SteveNYC