Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process

TheBigLD
Message added by +Young+

Last know called # (322x)

The list for the next open-competitive track worker examination, Exam #8600, has been published.

Please see the Track Worker Exam #8600 topic for more information.

So checked my mail today and got the letter, however they sent it to my old address ( I updated it via fax and email with them to my new address and yet they sent it to the old one. Was supposed to have been there on the 21st and just now getting it and it shows it was mailed out on the 15th.

Is my best bet calling  to see if I can come in maybe Friday and do my paperwork .. I have the booklet here from the last time I was down there filled out and all. WHo do i call .. what number ?

Pissed off right now ..SMDH

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So checked my mail today and got the letter, however they sent it to my old address ( I updated it via fax and email with them to my new address and yet they sent it to the old one. Was supposed to have been there on the 21st and just now getting it and it shows it was mailed out on the 15th.

Is my best bet calling  to see if I can come in maybe Friday and do my paperwork .. I have the booklet here from the last time I was down there filled out and all. WHo do i call .. what number ?

Pissed off right now ..SMDH

Call this number 1-347-643-8198, it's a direct number to the HR front desk. Call the number really early before 9, I would say 8am would be best, after 8:30-9am then it starts getting busy down there. Or if you don't get through early, try around 4pm when it slows down. Other than that if it's for your second drug test you should be fine, just explain to them the mail situation you were having.

Also fill out that pre-employment packet you got with the letter, the one you filled out in September is only good for 90 days, same as the drug test. I wound up having to fill it out once I was there, but I got finished with it before they called my number up.

Edited by SteveNYC

If you can i would try going down there with the letter, packet and whatever else you have and try to remedy it in person as soon as possible.

Instead of telephone tag or getting told some BS and be made to wait longer or have mail sent to your old address again.

You might waste your time and you might be hired faster had you not gone done.

Edited by dp142

So just an update, was able to go down there today and explain the situation. Submitted my docs and did the drug test and just waiting for email for medical. 

As stated if you move or need to update your info you gotta do it through DCAS.

HOW TO SUBMIT COMPLETED FORM IF YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED YOUR EXAM RESULTS:

By mail or in person (Monday to Friday 9AM to 5PM) - Exam Support Group – 1 Centre Street, 14th Floor, New York, NY 10007.

By fax - 212-669-4732

By email - scan completed form to the Online Application System help desk at OASys@dcas.nyc.gov with the subject “Data Correction Form”

HOW TO SUBMIT COMPLETED FORM IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED YOUR EXAM RESULTS:

By mail or in person (Monday to Friday 9AM to 5PM) - Certification Unit – 1 Centre Street, 21st Floor, New York, NY 10007.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/downloads/pdf/misc/dp148a.pdf - Web link to the form needed to update info.

You can fill it in directly and then either print or save depending on the options you have to submit it in. Just note if you save to desktop it does not save the info you typed in. You can only print with that info .. IT will just save the document itself

This has me thinking, I'm wondering if they are going to contact me with my current e-mail address, the one I gave them on the sheet I filled out, or the one I originally used to file for the test back in 2012. The e-mail account I had back in 2012 is closed and not recoverable, I'm going to call them Monday and find out. Thanks for this Marcel, reason it has me thinking is the option I saw for the e-mail address change or update.

Edited by SteveNYC

Congrats!! to all who have made it in... my question is in response to the statement made about the lowest seniority number being 1761 and that another 239 new hires are need to meet the required mandate of 2000 track workers? does this mean that since they're up to the 5oo range that my range which is in the low 1100 will not be called? I added the 500 (they already called) and the 239 wich are needed, equals 739 I will throw in another 100 for extras equals 839 my # is low 1100 so it looks to me as tho I missed out by about 249 could this be true... or am I mistaken peace and prosperity to all... later.... appreciate any feed back....

Congrats!! to all who have made it in... my question is in response to the statement made about the lowest seniority number being 1761 and that another 239 new hires are need to meet the required mandate of 2000 track workers? does this mean that since they're up to the 5oo range that my range which is in the low 1100 will not be called? I added the 500 (they already called) and the 239 wich are needed, equals 739 I will throw in another 100 for extras equals 839 my # is low 1100 so it looks to me as tho I missed out by about 249 could this be true... or am I mistaken peace and prosperity to all... later.... appreciate any feed back....

Your calculations are a bit off. 500 range is the list number they are up to, not the number of people they hired.

What you need to do is find the average list numbers processed per hire, i.e. for a class of 30 new hires, they might go through 100 list numbers. 

Most of the time they go past 100. Failed drug tests, background history,and people whom currently employed by transit turning down the job etc... this list could touch in the low 2,000's. But again this list is moving at a turtle/snail pace. Drug test date Oct.5 so my 90 days was up jan.5 and i still have the 21 page booklet.

Edited by BigBuckzz

People still retiring. And they could extend the list past the expiration. Just keep positivr and don't break your head on calculations. Be patient. I also have a # in the 1100's.We will have our oppurtunity.

My list # is 2800's...need to keep positive...

Has anyone been emailed or called for medicals this year? i did my drug test last week Tuesday, still no word.

Nope, I took mine Jan 21st, I'm in the 485-495 list number range. Apparently there are 2 upcoming classes, one February 22nd, and the other March 28th. Now the last list number appointed into the October class was 415, I think class size is anywhere from 30-50 people. If you are in the 420-500 range I would say you have a good shot at making the February class. Reason I gave the 80 candidate margin is you have to factor in the amount of people who failed the drug test, people who've turned it down, and people who've might have gotten their pre-employment notice lost in the mail etc. Also you have to factor in the amount of people, who could have been placed on a medical hold that didn't make the October class. They will get first priority and rightfully so. Other than that be patient, but I would say expect a call, or email sometime this week, or next if you should happen to be in the pool called for the February class. If not add a few extra weeks to that for the March class.

Edited by SteveNYC

Nope, I took mine Jan 21st, I'm in the 485-495 list number range. Apparently there are 2 upcoming classes, one February 22nd, and the other March 28th. Now the last list number appointed into the October class was 415, I think class size is anywhere from 30-50 people. If you are in the 420-500 range I would say you have a good shot at making the February class. Reason I gave the 80 candidate margin is you have to factor in the amount of people who failed the drug test, people who've turned it down, and people who've might have gotten their pre-employment notice lost in the mail etc. Also you have to factor in the amount of people, who could have been placed on a medical hold that didn't make the October class. They will get first priority and rightfully so. Other than that be patient, but I would say expect a call, or email sometime this week, or next if you should happen to be in the pool called for the February class. If not add a few extra weeks to that for the March class.

Thank you for your reply, I'm in the 440-450 list number range, hopefully we get called or emailed this week like you said, because February 22nd is in 3 weeks, i don't know how long the whole medical process takes, plus some people need time to notify their present employers. But I'm glad with the progress anyway. Slowly, but surely! Good luck all! 

I just want to make a note that the class dates were mentioned by only one person here. I haven't seen anyone else confirm them either, so it's pretty much heresay. Though both of those dates do fall on a Monday.

One of the HR Personnels at 180 Livingston St. actually did mention February 22nd to me when i was there last week, so the information seems  accurate. 

Yea man likewise, just post here when you get contacted so others have a general idea of when theirs is coming. There's a few guys here in the number ranges from 430-500+ who are pretty active.

EDIT: Cool so that makes you the second person confirming the Feb 22nd class.

Edited by SteveNYC