Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process

TheBigLD
Message added by +Young+

Last know called # (322x)

The list for the next open-competitive track worker examination, Exam #8600, has been published.

Please see the Track Worker Exam #8600 topic for more information.

I started Saturday morning at 8am(my RDO).

Haven't gone home yet. I'll be here till midnight tonight. 40 hours$ straight...

Same here spike, 40hr in two days including paid sleep time... it burns you out though. Picked up some well needed OTO.

I dont think we will see anymore 5+ inches of snow anymore this year, its been really mild

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same here spike, 40hr in two days including paid sleep time... it burns you out though. Picked up some well needed OTO.

I dont think we will see anymore 5+ inches of snow anymore this year, its been really mild

Damn 40 hours in two days .. that's crazy .. so they have somewhere where you can shower and sleep or just no shower .. just sleep and get back after a few hours 

I also have yet to hear anything.  I took my test the 25th, my list is 460-470, seems like i should make the feb 22* class.  I still havent handed my big packet in yet either.  Besides the pending tickets, which fortunately I have none, how important is your driving history to being hired?

Problems with driving or criminal records do not necessarily disqualify an applicant, it depends on many factors like how long ago, how serious etc..  This is decided on a case by case basis at the time you are called for employment. quoted from a recent email from HR dept..

Problems with driving or criminal records do not necessarily disqualify an applicant, it depends on many factors like how long ago, how serious etc..  This is decided on a case by case basis at the time you are called for employment. quoted from a recent email from HR dept..

Exactly this. With criminal factor it's usually the time length from conviction, and the seriousness, also how many convictions you have. If you're a registered sex offender, or convicted of killing someone chances are you'll be DQ'd regardless. As far as felonies and misdemeanors there is a time statute with most jobs. Misdemeanors are 3-5 years, 3 being a Class B, 5 being a Class A since it's a borderline Felony. Felonies it's 7+ years, 10+ years from the time of conviction is even better. Violations don't even show up on your record anymore, whether it's a Federal or CHRS state lookup. The MTA hired a former cop who was robbing banks during his off hours, guy did almost 10 years in prison and now drives a bus. I personally know 3 people who have Felony convictions that work for the MTA in different divisions. All were either drug possession or sale related. Even if you look in the Conductor and Train Operator threads, there were a few folks with felonies that were hired, and are still working.  Bottom line is don't worry, just be honest and have your paperwork in order.

EDIT: Also to everyone who reads this, you do not have to list every arrest you ever had, especially if it did not lead to a conviction. That only applies if you are seeking employment in the Law Enforcement field.

Edited by SteveNYC

Also if anyone reading this is concerned on what will show up as criminal history. The link I have posted below is the best resource. A CHRS report from NY state costs $65.00, but this is the search that most city and state agencies use to look up your history, besides federal. They do not use intellius, pipl, mylife, or beenverifed.com etc.

This is the link for the online access request for a CHRS report. You should see the FAQ as well.

http://www.nycourts.gov/APPS/chrs/onlinedirectaccess.shtml

Edited by SteveNYC

Hello to everyone, congrats to everyone called for the medical. I took the drug test back in early October, it expired on Jan 7. So far nothing new. I see that some others already took their second drug test. I'm #72x  I know that's a lot higher number than those that recently went in for their second test, but I was wondering why would they have called me in for the first drug test if they are not near my list number. I know I'm probably a bit impatient now because my current job is not looking so good. I checked with DCAS and the message says i'm on an outstanding certification.           Good luck to everyone next week.

Hello to everyone, congrats to everyone called for the medical. I took the drug test back in early October, it expired on Jan 7. So far nothing new. I see that some others already took their second drug test. I'm #72x  I know that's a lot higher number than those that recently went in for their second test, but I was wondering why would they have called me in for the first drug test if they are not near my list number. I know I'm probably a bit impatient now because my current job is not looking so good. I checked with DCAS and the message says i'm on an outstanding certification.           Good luck to everyone next week.

Maybe they are looking to eliminate those who won't pass to help move things along a bit quicker for those who stay clean..

Also got the email for medical and final processing on Monday. Good luck guys!

Obiecoccoa, you recieved your email on thursday (yesterday)?  Im between 460-470, hoping to get one asap, looks like im close enough..hopefully today. Fingers crossed...

Steve keep me posted as well.

Edited by newyorkNYC11

My list # is 445-455 range, there is a upcoming class after the February class, this should be in march so the list is moving fast

Cool man thanks, nah you're right on schedule, if anything depending on the size of the class I'll most likely be called down for

medical processing for the March one. Last number appointed in Oct was 415, folks fail the drug test, turn it down etc. Anyway good luck.

Obiecoccoa, you recieved your email on thursday (yesterday)?  Im between 460-470, hoping to get one asap, looks like im close enough..hopefully today. Fingers crossed...

Steve keep me posted as well.

You'll be getting on before me I'm closer to 490, keep me posted. I know they call down smaller groups of people for medical since the process is longer, plus you have other titles there, so there might be only 10 or so there going tor track, same for bus operator, or any other title. When I was there Jan 21st for drug test number 2, there was only like 15 or 20 ppl there for medical in total, most likely spread out across various titles. You should be getting one next week at the latest.

EDIT: Nvm ninja'd, good luck man.

Edited by SteveNYC

Does anybody know how this process works when i go..it says final processnig, so granted everything goes well when im down there, do i get an official start date that day?

From what I've read from people already in is you go for the medical exam, as long as you pass that then someone goes over your paperwork, they fingerprint you, then take your ID photo, and swear you in. As far as medical, EKG, Glucose, Blood Pressure, Vision, Hearing, Spirometer ( lung capacity test ) I think some reflex/agility tests, I also believe you fill out a big questionnaire of your medical history. But if you should get placed on a medical hold for anything, you'll have to get cleared by your regular doctor before you can continue with the rest of the final processing. 

Edited by SteveNYC

From what I've read from people already in is you go for the medical exam, as long as you pass that then someone goes over your paperwork, they fingerprint you, then take your ID photo, and swear you in. As far as medical, EKG, Glucose, Blood Pressure, Vision, Hearing, Spiro-meter ( lung capacity test ) I think some reflex/agility tests, I think you fill out a big questionnaire of your medical history. But if should get placed on a medical hold for anything, you'll have to get cleared by your regular doctor before you can continue with the rest of the final processing. 

so by swear you in, im assuming they tell you when to report for track school.  hopefully thats the case.

Yea it's orientation first, but they also give you the start date for school in which most cases it'll be Feb 22 for you, unless you get jammed up in a medical hold.

Thats great news.  Thank for all your help. Hope to see you in the same class as me. Ill keep the forum posted to return the favor.