Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process

TheBigLD
Message added by +Young+

Last know called # (322x)

The list for the next open-competitive track worker examination, Exam #8600, has been published.

Please see the Track Worker Exam #8600 topic for more information.

whats up all,

just a update for those waiting and anxious.  just got home from day one orientation. all i can say is be ready for a long day.  you will meet and be talked to by various management members discussing the usual HR-ish type of lectures.  (conduct, ethics, being on time etc).  we also met and completed pension paperwork and retirement plans as well as medical information.  covered a lot of information today, not sure how much more there is tomorrow but am happy its moving along, and cant wait to get to track school and see what this is all about.

if anybody who went through this remembers the second day, fill me in what im missing for tomorrow.  thanks, good luck all!

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, took drug test on Oct 7. I heard a lot of people were called in for the drug test early. I think maybe they were trying to see if a large amount of people would be eliminated right away. Make sure all of your contact info is up to date.

Yes, took drug test on Oct 7. I heard a lot of people were called in for the drug test early. I think maybe they were trying to see if a large amount of people would be eliminated right away. Make sure all of your contact info is up to date.

How can I check up on that and make sure my contact info is correct and up to date?

How can I check up on that and make sure my contact info is correct and up to date?

You have to update with DCAS as i did... Mrs Robinson told me this and i downloaded the DCAS form and got a confirmation. If nothing has changed since you originally applied then nothing to worry about.But you can also just call her to verify info.

If your address hasn't changed since you first applied to take the exam it's probably still good. If you changed addresses I think you will need to notify the mta. Scroll back some pages, somebody recently wrote about updating contact info. Also there are some phone numbers that were given on this thread a while back to check with dcas and a direct number for someone at the mta who handles track workers. Maybe someone can repost them if they see this.

I'm number 600 - 610.

I took my first drug test (now expired) in October. I'm still waiting also. As soon as I receive that letter i'll let everyone know here.  (crossing my fingers for a July class or sooner).

Just keep reading the posts as I have from the beginning and you'll get all the info u need.  And thanks to everyone who make this forum very informative.. 

If the eligible list for the examination for which you applied has already been established, you should send a letter stating your social security number, exam title, your list number, old address and new address to: NYC DCAS1 Centre StreetNew York, NY 10007Attention: Certification Unit, Room 2150 South

@ Everyone

If you do update your information at DCAS on Centre St, be aware you will be there for an hour or two. On form it tells you to go to the 21 st floor. When I was on 21, there was a woman who works the window. She basically gave me the run around and said this had to be done on the 14th floor. When I got to the 14th floor, there was a nice woman who told me they were supposed to handle it, but it's common for them to give people the run around.

If you get sent to 14, just tell the woman the MTA told you the information has to be updated via DCAS. She had to go on the phone to speak to her supervisor. After about 20 minutes at the window, I got a receipt, and my form was processed, and my information was good to go as far as being updated. Just be aware you could get the run around when you go there. Personally I would avoid the fax machine, because when you do it in person, you will get a receipt that the information you provided will be handled correctly.

Edited by SteveNYC

I got a reciept email... Worked fine...Who has time for run arounds

Hmm lets see, people who are laid off, or unemployed, or in my case since I work construction in an outside trade, I picked a rain day to do it. So yea, I had a whole day to run around and catch up on things including going to DCAS. But if emailing worked for you then great. (A) +

But I read the actual instructions on the form. The email and fax only applies if you have not received your exam results, whilst if you have received your exam results, it has to be done either in person or by regular mail.

Edited by SteveNYC

So just an update, was able to go down there today and explain the situation. Submitted my docs and did the drug test and just waiting for email for medical. 

As stated if you move or need to update your info you gotta do it through DCAS.

HOW TO SUBMIT COMPLETED FORM IF YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED YOUR EXAM RESULTS:

By mail or in person (Monday to Friday 9AM to 5PM) - Exam Support Group – 1 Centre Street, 14th Floor, New York, NY 10007.

By fax - 212-669-4732

By email - scan completed form to the Online Application System help desk at OASys@dcas.nyc.gov with the subject “Data Correction Form”

HOW TO SUBMIT COMPLETED FORM IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED YOUR EXAM RESULTS:

By mail or in person (Monday to Friday 9AM to 5PM) - Certification Unit – 1 Centre Street, 21st Floor, New York, NY 10007.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/downloads/pdf/misc/dp148a.pdf - Web link to the form needed to update info.

You can fill it in directly and then either print or save depending on the options you have to submit it in. Just note if you save to desktop it does not save the info you typed in. You can only print with that info .. IT will just save the document itself

Info in regards to updating your info. 

The start of the pick had been suspended until further notice.

No specific reason was given but it's believed to do with jobs being relocated from days to nights and work gang reporting locations being moved.

The day gang at 207st. Yard on the 1 line is being relocated to Westchester Sq. Yard on the 6 line.

Edited by dp142