Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process

TheBigLD
Message added by +Young+

Last know called # (322x)

The list for the next open-competitive track worker examination, Exam #8600, has been published.

Please see the Track Worker Exam #8600 topic for more information.

Once knowing your score, how do you find out what number you are on the list ?

The MTA will get the list numbers in order when they gather up ALL of the test answers. The list #'s will begin with those that are Veterans, which will accredit extra points, and then the regular folk. Those who got 100% on their test will get a low list number, and it gets greater when you score the least number, which is 70%. We will definitely find out soon on how many people took the test and pass between 100 and 70%. 

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The MTA will get the list numbers in order when they gather up ALL of the test answers. The list #'s will begin with those that are Veterans, which will accredit extra points, and then the regular folk. Those who got 100% on their test will get a low list number, and it gets greater when you score the least number, which is 70%. We will definitely find out soon on how many people took the test and pass between 100 and 70%.

and to take that one step further if you and another person receive the same score it goes by who filed their application first. veterans get either five or ten point add it on to the final score.

It's going to take some time with all the exams. even if you score high. I know 2 people that got called  for exam 8006  one had a 95  and the other one had 71 they both got called they both had to wait almost 5 years and this year that exam expires. good luck to all.

I Got 2 wrong  I wish i could see those 2 questions again.   But im still HAPPY :)  :D

I hope you are aware there is a scheduled "walk in" protest session at 180 livingston st, room 4041, Brooklyn, between  1.00 to 3.00 pm on May 29, 2013. I am in the same boat as you i.e got 2 wrong at 95%, I definitely want to check my 2 wrong answers.

The walk-in protest lets you submit your written explanation to the questions that u got wrong. you have to explain why you think your answer is correct or better to the proposed answer key.They provide you with the questions(40) and the proposed answer keys.

What I understand from this is that ,if they think you and others who have protested the same question with the same answer and is probably the best answer then all candidates who marked that answer will get corrected.

I think normally if you scored 100 you would get called fairly quickly, but from what I've heard this test was very easy. There's going to be a lot of people that scored 100. People who used their vet credits and scored high(100+ with credits)will be called as soon as they certify the test and start hiring. There's not a lot of movement in the Track Dept right now. A lot of people that are eligible to retire are staying. Tells you something about this job...

Edited by SpikeMauler

I think normally if you scored 100 you would get called fairly quickly, but from what I've heard this test was very easy. There's going to be a lot of people that scored 100. People who used their vet credits and scored high(100+ with credits)will be called as soon as they certify the test and start hiring. There's not a lot of movement in the Track Dept right now. A lot of people that are eligible to retire are staying. Tells you something about this job...

a good friend of mine works down there and he said is one of the best jobs in transit. is only problem is that he's scared of heights. LOL!

a good friend of mine works down there and he said is one of the best jobs in transit. is only problem is that he's scared of heights. LOL!

I've worked with people on the structure that were afraid of heights. You can tell who,they are by the "death grip" they have on the handrail...lol. The great thing about the job is you don't have to work on structure if you don't like heights. You can pick a job working in the tunnel on solid ground. The only downside are the night hours associated with it. If you want to work day hours on solid ground you can pick a job in one of the fabrication shops. They have one in Brooklyn and one in the Bronx.

I've worked with people on the structure that were afraid of heights. You can tell who,they are by the "death grip" they have on the handrail...lol. The great thing about the job is you don't have to work on structure if you don't like heights. You can pick a job working in the tunnel on solid ground. The only downside are the night hours associated with it. If you want to work day hours on solid ground you can pick a job in one of the fabrication shops. They have one in Brooklyn and one in the Bronx.

my preference is to work in the evenings but hey at this point I'll work whatever and wherever they send me. just fed up with my current job. Edited by Allday

Like all civil service stuff.... These things take years! Definitely not the job you apply for

And start in a week or two. The test was very easy and I'm thinking most people like myself were too

Busy trying to rush thru the test and got a bit cocky about it and didn't

Take the time to fully go back over every question. I got 3 wrong so I passed but as I said... These things take years so I don't expect to be called anytime soon... I figure 2 to 3 years.

These are the jobs you apply for.. Take the test.. Hopefully and pass and in a few years you get called.

Something have down the line.. But in the meanwhile....continue working your current job and or apply for other jobs and exams.

From what I've been reading... Most people here have passed... Either scores of 100, 1 to 3 wrong.. I'd say 3 wrong is about as many as you really want to get wrong and even that's a bit much for this easy test but I'm just glad it was only 3 wrong... Which is well over h passing mark but again... A lot of people passed this test.

The earliest I've ever seen anyone with a score of 90 and above get called was within 6 months.

The list for Train operators (open competitive) is moving very fast. A friend of mine was just hired and began classes. His list number was around 1500.

Though he waited about a year and a half the classes are very large and almost back to back.

The wait for Track worker may not be that long. Things have changed drastically in the 21 years I'm there. The things that made the job fun are disappearing. Old timers are starting to put in thier papers to retire.

I thought he said he took the test about 2 years ago. I'll have to ask him.

Either way my department alone had 6 guys pack it in this year. We are only a quarter the size of Track dept.

I'm going to ask Track if they've had a big move in thier seniority number.