Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
TheBigLD

Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process

+Young+

The list for the next open-competitive track worker examination, Exam #8600, has been published. Please click here for more information.

Thank you.

Message added by +Young+

So labs (First urine test) last 30 days and Medicals last 90??

Correct. Keep in mind that these are calendar days and not business days.

Also, if the time exceeds 90 days from your first encounter with MTA HR, you'll have to do the urine test, medical, and also hand in your pre-employment paperwork in again when they send you a second letter to come back in to repeat step 1 of the process. I had to this due to the fact my first drug test, and pre-employment encounter with MTA HR was 9/2015, I was sent a second pre-employment letter at the end of January 2016, to start the process again, which exceeded the 90 days.

Capital Nights How long did it take from when you first took the urine test for them to email you for the medical? I did the Urine test on Oct 7 they said it would take anywhere from 3-90 days. I also read that the classes are full in Oct so it might be around early 2017 for the next batch of classes.

Thanks

Capital Nights How long did it take from when you first took the urine test for them to email you for the medical? I did the Urine test on Oct 7 they said it would take anywhere from 3-90 days. I also read that the classes are full in Oct so it might be around early 2017 for the next batch of classes.

Thanks

First time I wasn't called for medical, I missed the cut off point, so 4 months after my first urine, I was sent a letter for a second drug test. From that point on it took them 2 weeks to email me for medical and final processing. From looking where you're at, you'll probably be taking a second drug test as well. Bottom line it's a waiting game, some wait more than others.

• Upvote 1

First time I wasn't called for medical, I missed the cut off point, so 4 months after my first urine, I was sent a letter for a second drug test. From that point on it took them 2 weeks to email me for medical and final processing. From looking where you're at, you'll probably be taking a second drug test as well. Bottom line it's a waiting game, some wait more than others.

Hey thanks. i was in the first 10 to be called for the urine test [they only allow two at a time when i went] Im gonna call them in a week or so. Ms. Robinson seems the best choice to call. i think ill also call P.S. 248 and ask how many classes they will have for the rest of the year. Hopefully i wont miss the cutoff point and they'll call me before November. Ill keep every posted on this as it progresses.

Thanks

Hey thanks. i was in the first 10 to be called for the urine test [they only allow two at a time when i went] Im gonna call them in a week or so. Ms. Robinson seems the best choice to call. i think ill also call P.S. 248 and ask how many classes they will have for the rest of the year. Hopefully i wont miss the cutoff point and they'll call me before November. Ill keep every posted on this as it progresses.

Thanks

No problem and don't forget to continuously post your list number, with respect to hiding the last digit or two.

• Upvote 1

Is it confirmed that the October 31st class is full?

No i tried to call and ask. All they would tell me about was bus schedules and metro card issues. List Number 10xx

Capital nights when u went back to re do the second pre employment did u do the final medical that same day as well?

I am applying for conductor and got a letter for a second pre employment and I am trying to figure out if that is for a second urine test or the medical/final processing. And doesn't the urine test last for 90 days?

Edited by simonbush

And doesn't the urine test last for 90 days?

The drug (urine) test is for 30 calendar days; the medical examination is for 90 days.

The drug (urine) test is for 30 calendar days; the medical examination is for 90 days.

There a lot of mixed info on that...I asked the same question on the forum a several days ago....

Capital nights when u went back to re do the second pre employment did u do the final medical that same day as well?

I am applying for conductor and got a letter for a second pre employment and I am trying to figure out if that is for a second urine test or the medical/final processing. And doesn't the urine test last for 90 days?

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

So should I expect them to contact me before the 30 days are up on my first urine taken Oct 7th???

Not the same day, it was about a 2 week wait for the e-mail for medical and final processing. As far as the drug test results, some say 30 days, some say 90, assume it's for 30 though. Medical, and pre-employment paperwork is valid for 90 days.

As far as the drug test results,... assume it's for 30 though. Medical, and pre-employment paperwork is valid for 90 days.

Thank you for the clarification!!

Good day to all.  I can't help but to know my # is approaching at least by next year.  Has anyone with a higher # than 1200 been called for physicals yet? I'm currently #131X.  

Good day to all. I can't help but to know my # is approaching at least by next year. Has anyone with a higher # than 1200 been called for physicals yet? I'm currently #131X.

I'm 11** and haven't taken the physical yet..So I would say no

Thanks riello2u, I hope you get called soon enough as well.

Thank you brother..I say 2017 is our year...Took my Urine Oct 7th..

Hey everyone hope you're doing well. I called Mrs Robinson today to ask about classes and such. The last person to be hired by the MTA for track worker is list# 944. There less than 150 people ahead of me. I tried to ask when the next class would be or how many more classes there would be this year but they do not tell her that. For us 10xx`s and 11xx`s im banking on early 2017. Were probably gonna have to take another urine test and hopefully theyll call us soon after that for the medical. List#10xx

Hey everyone hope you're doing well. I called Mrs Robinson today to ask about classes and such. The last person to be hired by the MTA for track worker is list# 944. There less than 150 people ahead of me. I tried to ask when the next class would be or how many more classes there would be this year but they do not tell her that. For us 10xx`s and 11xx`s im banking on early 2017. Were probably gonna have to take another urine test and hopefully theyll call us soon after that for the medical. List#10xx

Great stuff man!! #11** ..Quick question anyone here went in on Oct 7th for urine..There was 3 of us in a room waiting to be called and started a convoy on track...It was also towards to later part of the day around 12:00.. Just curious

Hopefully Late January things will kick up again

I'm #131* . can anyone guesstimate when I will be called for my first urine test? Also, did they contact you by phone, mail, or email?

First urine is notified by mail... Questimate Late Jan - April.... Goodluck

And the medical after the urine test is done by email. List#10xx

• Upvote 1

anybody knows what list no they r up to?

Gotta call the number on the bottom of letter of results and they would tell you. The last track worker hired was #944 meaning passed urine medical orientation got their pass ect. If i had to guess probably between 1100-1200 maybe early 1300s. The only way to know for sure would be to call.