Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process

TheBigLD
Message added by +Young+

Last know called # (322x)

The list for the next open-competitive track worker examination, Exam #8600, has been published.

Please see the Track Worker Exam #8600 topic for more information.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just for accuracy Louis Gray, may he rest in peace, was a Construction Flagger.

Those are regular conductors who pick a flagging job for contractors.

Normally they do not enter the Tracks until we've removed power and notified everyone the Tracks now out of service. 

So a member of the site, who wishes to remain anonymous, sent me the following update:

"the current track worker class is in the upper 800's to lower 900's & the instructors are saying that they are going to have 3 more classes coming up in DEC,JAN,FEB, at 40 students per class cause the MTA wants to get to about 2200 track workers soon. right now they are at 1948."

DISCLAIMER: My list number for this exam is in the 2800's, so I still have a ways to go before they call me for this position.

So a member of the site, who wishes to remain anonymous, sent me the following update:

"the current track worker class is in the upper 800's to lower 900's & the instructors are saying that they are going to have 3 more classes coming up in DEC,JAN,FEB, at 40 students per class cause the MTA wants to get to about 2200 track workers soon. right now they are at 1948."

DISCLAIMER: My list number for this exam is in the 2800's, so I still have a ways to go before they call me for this position.

Much appreciated Young and anonymous individuals for the info. Being a college student again and currently unemployed is tough. I'm hoping I can make it in. Would like to have a job that guarantees pay increase. Also, do Mta workers receive discounts on Metrocards?

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

And also that number they need at the moment will adjust as months go by as people retire and or get promoted to other positions... Took a Urine on Oct 7th so hopefully with they get me in again before Jan 7th for medical #111* Anyone one in that 900-1100 range please update when you get that email..Thank for the info

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Much appreciated Young and anonymous individuals for the info. Being a college student again and currently unemployed is tough. I'm hoping I can make it in. Would like to have a job that guarantees pay increase. Also, do Mta workers receive discounts on Metrocards?

MTA gives employees metro passes..so your travels to and from work are free...

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Also, do Mta workers receive discounts on Metrocards?

MTA gives employees metro passes..so your travels to and from work are free...

That's correct. As far as a discount on purchasing a regular Metrocard for your family and/or friends...no.

wow getting close very excited, just got married and wifey wants to start a family  don't blame her we're getting up there in age.. so this would be a god send.. anyways have not reciev ed any letters yet am in the 117# range hope to hear from them soon Good luck and blessings to all....btw Happy holidays....remember watch the drinking during this holiday season you never know when your gonna be  called.... peace...

wow getting close very excited, just got married and wifey wants to start a family don't blame her we're getting up there in age.. so this would be a god send.. anyways have not reciev ed any letters yet am in the 117# range hope to hear from them soon Good luck and blessings to all....btw Happy holidays....remember watch the drinking during this holiday season you never know when your gonna be called.... peace...

Congrats on getting married dude. This would be a great place to start. Hope you make it in soon too.

That's great to know. Thanks again Young. Anyone plan on taking T/O exam in December?

I am, but please stay on-topic...thank you.

Congrats on getting married dude. This would be a great place to start. Hope you make it in soon too.

Please stay on-topic...thank you.

Just met a bunch of new guys who were up in the Bronx at 239St Yard. 

One of the guys said his list number was 940. 

Also said the instructor said they were expecting one more class before the end of the year. 

So to those still waiting .. best of luck .. 

This question is for anyone thats newly on the job less than a year or two. What does your check look like after the end of two weeks? Taxes fees union dues ect. Whats the gross and the net pay? Number 10xx