Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process

TheBigLD
Message added by +Young+

Last know called # (322x)

The list for the next open-competitive track worker examination, Exam #8600, has been published.

Please see the Track Worker Exam #8600 topic for more information.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

expect net of 1300-1400

Really, you must have more than one exemption on there. 

If you are single with no kids your check is more like around 1100 after taxes and fees etc. 

Overtime does increase it, 

Sign up for all canvases, during that first year. Depending on what you do its a great way to see different aspects of the job and getting to know your other track workers. 

Automated DCAS system says last appointed is #820... But it was mentioned that someone with #940 was already working. Anyone have a more accurate update?

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

I got #944 when i called Ms Robinson. Marcel876 said he met a few guys on the job at 239st. One of them said their list# was 940. Maybe they didnt update the automated system? <_<

So I finished track school yesterday,(still have to do flagging in about a month I already have my date) but now I report to my "permanent spot". My permanent spot is 86th and 4th ave in Brooklyn. I have a friend from track school who picked the same location as me and did a dry run last night just to check it out. He said he couldn't find nothing and he asked the clerk working there who said there were no quarters there, she claims she has only found track workers meeting off the streets there. Can any track workers familiar with the area confirm or correct this?

I'm being told from the street level go down the stairs at 85 street and 4th Avenue through the turnstile and the door will be infront of you.

Another said on the platform is the North end of the station on the south bound side.

86th and 4th ave is a maintenance gang, it's in the pick book and there is a quarters there. I just bidded into Union Square (Capital) in October, and it was a mission to find this place (with phone directions from the mailman lol). I was at 16th and 8th (Capital) and that's an easy quarters to find. Some quarters are basically hidden in plain sight, just start knocking on every door you see, eventually one will open.

What other information do you have?

Days off (RDO's) ?

Working hours ?

Capital or Maintenance ?

I'll post it in the Track workers FB page and find out.

What Facebook page are you a member of ?

Can anyone tell me what list # they are up to my list # is 2133 and what's the process like in terms of hiring

The hiring process has been discussed extensively. Do a quick search of the thread and you will find numerous post about it.

In regards to your list number, it's quite high and their still only in the hundreds. My best advice, keep working and check back periodically, might be a while before they get to you.

Can anyone tell me what list # they are up to my list # is 2133 and what's the process like in terms of hiring

Download tapatalk and start from page 1 of 177 of this thread and start reading.....Lots of info in here...

Download tapatalk and start from page 1 of 177 of this thread and start reading.....Lots of info in here...

+ 1 for this as well, sorry Kunderwood but like others I'm not repeating myself either. All the info you need is in this thread. Literally every topic and concern is covered.

As far as your list number I would say realistically 50/50 shot at being called. The list expires December 17th 2018, they are up to 944 as the last appointed list number. Which I would assume they could up to the high 1000's or low 1100's for medical. If the list gets extended which most do your chances of getting called for processing increases. I know off of the last exam 5016, the last appointed was in the low 2000's, I actually work with a guy who was one of the last to be appointed off of the 5016 exam. 

+ 1 for this as well, sorry Kunderwood but like others I'm not repeating myself either. All the info you need is in this thread. Literally every topic and concern is covered.

As far as your list number I would say realistically 50/50 shot at being called. The list expires December 17th 2018, they are up to 944 as the last appointed list number. Which I would assume they could up to the high 1000's or low 1100's for medical. If the list gets extended which most do your chances of getting called for processing increases. I know off of the last exam 5016, the last appointed was in the low 2000's, I actually work with a guy who was one of the last to be appointed off of the 5016 exam.

Seems like it froze after 944...No one has updated been contacted with 945+ by email for medical .......List #111*

Sent using Tapatalk

Got approved in the FB group rails & spikes 4 life... Somewhat informative info on there..You get a different perspective of track work from guys already on the job.... I would recommend, if approved reviewing info from here and the FB group to help answer questions people just joining this thread may currently have... #111*

Sent using Tapatalk

Edited by riello2u

• 2 weeks later...