Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process

TheBigLD
Message added by +Young+

Last know called # (322x)

The list for the next open-competitive track worker examination, Exam #8600, has been published.

Please see the Track Worker Exam #8600 topic for more information.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

For those who may care like myself..The most recent class that went to Westchester for training has someone as high as #1050.... Although I still haven't received a notice to appear for urine, I'm sure something should be coming up soon....

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Called DCAS today and they finally updated the last appointed # : 1031. I'm still on outstanding certification with list #143x. I'm guessing my preemployment step will happen sometime mid/late summer. Anyone with an higher number receive anything in the mail? Thanks!

Called DCAS today and they finally updated the last appointed # : 1031. I'm still on outstanding certification with list #143x. I'm guessing my preemployment step will happen sometime mid/late summer. Anyone with an higher number receive anything in the mail? Thanks!

I'm #111* And still haven't been contacted for a second urine (preemployment) since my first one expired Jan 2017.... I was put back on outstanding certification last month.... This should give you somewhat of an idea of the current pace of hiring....

I'm #131X and still haven't received any notice to come for testing yet so don't worry, I'll post an update as soon as I go in for testing.

• 2 weeks later...

There's gonna be another class in August. I'm most likely gonna be in that one if enough people fail or refuse. Looking in mail everyday for letter for 2nd drug test. List #107x

There's gonna be another class in August. I'm most likely gonna be in that one if enough people fail or refuse. Looking in mail everyday for letter for 2nd drug test. List #107x

That class more then likely will be filled from those that were put on medical hold from last call.... Turtle pace with this list.... Looks like 2018 for me because I haven't even don't my second urine #111*

That class more then likely will be filled from those that were put on medical hold from last call.... Turtle pace with this list.... Looks like 2018 for me because I haven't even don't my second urine #111*

I agree...with a list # in the 2800's, I'm wondering if they are going to extend the list, and I'm wondering if I'm going to ever get called...

I heard about the August class yesterday and forgot to post about it here. 

It's close. depending on the class size, you might make it in. Best of luck. 

So when they update the last appointed on the call system..Does that mean there are no other people on pending medical hold? I would think they don't update the system until all are accounted for.. Am I wrong?

I agree...with a list # in the 2800's, I'm wondering if they are going to extend the list, and I'm wondering if I'm going to ever get called...

I don't see why they wouldn't extend..Been done in the past and no new track worker exams have been posted in the employment section .... They will get to you ... But when is the issue

Edited by riello2u

I wonder what kind of jobs are available for mta track if you have a class b cdl

I spoke with a fellow limo driver at an event the other day.He has a buddy the has been in track for 5 years and now drivers trucks for Track department with a CDL he acquired prior to getting into the MTA... Having a CDL will give you a great opportunity to driver instead of being stuck as track worker for 25 years...

I wonder what kind of jobs are available for mta track if you have a class b cdl

...He has a buddy the has been in track for 5 years and now drivers trucks for Track department with a CDL he acquired prior to getting into the MTA... Having a CDL will give you a great opportunity to driver instead of being stuck as track worker for 25 years...

In addition to having a CDL, the more endorsements you have, such as Hazmat, Tank and Tow Truck, I'm sure you'll have more opportunities within Transit...I just finished obtaining all of the endorsements, and, as long as you study and you're familiar with the material, the multiple-choice exams are not that hard...

• 2 weeks later...

a32a2db6bd771534f716701b4595fea7.jpg

I got my second drug test letter to appear this wednesday. it looks similar to the 23 page package we got sent home with many moons ago. employment history. We gotta bring essentially all the same things we did to our first trip to livingston. Not sure if theyre gonna do the medical the same day but it does say its an all day process

a32a2db6bd771534f716701b4595fea7.jpg

I got my second drug test letter to appear this wednesday. it looks similar to the 23 page package we got sent home with many moons ago. employment history. We gotta bring essentially all the same things we did to our first trip to livingston. Not sure if theyre gonna do the medical the same day but it does say its an all day process

When did you get that