Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process

TheBigLD
Message added by +Young+

Last know called # (322x)

The list for the next open-competitive track worker examination, Exam #8600, has been published.

Please see the Track Worker Exam #8600 topic for more information.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...Not having gaps or match to the pre employment packet

Both. You will not only be filling out a pre-employment packet with your work history, but also a 21 page packet as well, dating back to when you graduated high school. The information on all of these documents, with no **gaps**, must match. If not, they will grill you for this in final processing and it won't look good - trust me.

** = If there is a gap, you just need to state how you were financially supported during this time, such as your spouse, parents, etc. No documentation is necessary for this.

riello2u, yes! depends where you end up with your classes mini pick, but generally there is O.T. let us know how many people make the July 17th class when you get there, thanks.

OK Thanks...I go in tomorrow fingers XD!

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Edited by riello2u

Just too follow up with what kmf said, I was there this past Thursday for medical and final processing.

The computer portion is the first thing you do, it ask you a lot of questions, from do you have diabetes, to do you snore. A guy I met admitted that he snored, and after he went through the whole process, they put him on hold because they were worried he might have sleep apena. My advice, don't admit to anything you don't have to or you will be put on hold. After the computer questions, you are taken inside and have to pee in a cup, they test it right after you finish, ear, eye (bring glasses if you wear contacts or you will be put on hold), ekg ( bare chest, no belt, don't have coffee), and lung ( blowing into the instrument is weird, there is no resistance, so you run out of breath fast, if you don't do it right, you might be put on hold), also they have you sit in a chair as you do it so you don't pass out. After that, back outside until your name is called. I waited 15 minutes, was called in by one of the doctors, remember the 200 questions you did first on the computer, the doctor goes over it with you, and if you admitted to something, surgery, broken bones, sleep apena, diabetes, you'll have to explain yourself and if the answers don't add up, medical hold. The doctor will ask you questions, " what do you think this job entails", " do you feel your physically fit", he then had me sit on the bench, listened to my heart and then he asked me to lift up my shirt, he was looking for scares or any indication that I had surgery, or was trying to hide something that would only be seen if I had my shirt off.

Once he cleared me, back outside to the front, where you'll have to fill out the third set of paper work, also go over the 21 page book, someone will call you from the left side of the office, there are 4 or 5 rooms on the left side of the main counter, they bring you in there and go over all your paper work. I can't say it enough, if the information doesn't match, if the dates are wrong, they are going to put you on hold or send you back out to fix it (P.S. the office closes at 3:30). After the paper work has been reviewed, in that office they will have you fill out more paper work stating that you got the job, give you 4 books, and dates for orientation and training (orientation is in another building in downtown Brooklyn, training is in Coney Island, 7 am).

Back outside to take i.d pictures. Back to the front desk, to send me to the very first desk you stopped at in the morning when you showed your i.d to get another ticket to then go get your finger prints. I got there at 6:30 AM, was called up at 7 AM, I left about 1:30-1:45.

Just for point of reference, a class went in last month, they called up to list #1031 for that class, that will give you and idea where they are now.

Next class is the July 17th, I'll be there.

The process was long, tedious, the workers there can be rude, and last Thursday was a ZOO, there were so many people there for the initial pre employment paper work, they line wrapped around the bathroom in the back, it was packed.

I'm here now. It was worth it. Wish you guys the best. Don't give up.

That pretty much sums up my day there on Monday.

I got there at 6:10am and waited. (Show up early! First come first serve) 

I was so nervous because my blood pressure was a bit high and they might not let me go through, but the doctor was real nice and let me pass. It only took 45 min for Medical. I was one of the first ones to be called.

After medical, I was pretty much hired. It was 1230pm when i was done and i have to wait till 245pm to have my paperwork looked at.

Please for the love of GOD, make sure your paperwork matches and everything is clear and neat. No scratches or mistakes. 

It takes long to process people because others don't check their paperwork or read instructions. The guy I got just looked over my paperwork and took 20 minutes to enter my stuff. I had everything correct and neat. 

You will hold up other people if your stuff is not right. (You pretty much will piss them off if you have to correct your stuff more than once)

Finally at 315pm, I was sworn in and received my books. I was so happy and very hungry.

They say bring a snack, take lunch and snacks. :)

See anyone who made it there on Monday.

Dr won't put it's under control since just diagnosed... Things don't look good... If they don't let me past medical with the form the dr gave me later today, I might just withdraw myself from this list. I refuse to take meds for diabetes

Edited by riello2u

I refuse to take meds for diabetes...

...My apologies for (briefly) going off-topic, however I know someone who has diabetes and all he does, in addition to watching what he eats, is he takes one [1] pill a day...

I hope nothing but the best for you, depending on what you decide to do.

Is your sugar borderline or did you cross the line already? Do you know your A1C?

In regards to Track diabetes is nothing. They do not monitor it. Most of us, myself 9yrs, are all diabetic now due to lifestyle and new medical guide lines.

In RTO (motorman and conductors) they do monitor them.

If you want the job cut back on your carbs. Those are worse then simple sugars like soda and candy. Take the metformin to bring your A1C down to pass the medical and once your hired do what you want with the meds if you don't want to take them.

It's not as bad as it may seem.

Is your sugar borderline or did you cross the line already? Do you know your A1C?

In regards to Track diabetes is nothing. They do not monitor it. Most of us, myself 9yrs, are all diabetic now due to lifestyle and new medical guide lines.

In RTO (motorman and conductors) they do monitor them.

If you want the job cut back on your carbs. Those are worse then simple sugars like soda and candy. Take the metformin to bring your A1C down to pass the medical and once your hired do what you want with the meds if you don't want to take them.

It's not as bad as it may seem.

They just took my blood again 188..yesterday it was 170... I came in with a clearance letter.. But they probably won't let me go through to final processing

Blood sugar is unpredictable. Everyone reacts differently. Mine sky rockets when working out whereas others drop. If I skip dinner when I wake up my sugar is high others go into a coma from the drop.

Normally your sugar at any given time should be between 70-180. The first hour after a meal it will peak and within the second hour should come back down to whatever is normal for you.

That test was BS. You could have eaten something carb loaded before it. An A1C test shows a 3 month average and is what Dr's use to gauge if your Diabetic. If they were really concerned they would ask for Dr's records showing you past A1C counts.

The clearance letter from your Dr. may be good enough since he's taking the weight off the TA. Also, Blow some sunshine up their asses thanking them for bringing it your attention so you get control of it before becoming diabetic and ask them for any advice. Make them feel like a real Dr. and that your pro-active about. 

Blood sugar is unpredictable. Everyone reacts differently. Mine sky rockets when working out whereas others drop. If I skip dinner when I wake up my sugar is high others go into a coma from the drop.

Normally your sugar at any given time should be between 70-180. The first hour after a meal it will peak and within the second hour should come back down to whatever is normal for you.

That test was BS. You could have eaten something carb loaded before it. An A1C test shows a 3 month average and is what Dr's use to gauge if your Diabetic. If they were really concerned they would ask for Dr's records showing you past A1C counts.

The clearance letter from your Dr. may be good enough since he's taking the weight off the TA. Also, Blow some sunshine up their asses thanking them for bringing it your attention so you get control of it before becoming diabetic and ask them for any advice. Make them feel like a real Dr. and that your pro-active about.

I have it back in April it was 138

A1C is a single digit number.

usually over 6.5 is considered Diabetic under 4 is a different problem.

Can anyone explain the experience of track class and its difficulty

CONGRATULATIONS on passing!!!

Even though you passed address the blood sugar issue. 
I was warned many times by my Dr. without taking it serious and thinking I knew how to handle it.
It's very easy to get control over if border line once educated with a change in eating habits lower / eliminating carbs and simple sugars.
Once you start in Track the hours and choices of what's open to eat are hard on the body. Even bringing your own food can be difficult at times. 

CONGRATULATIONS on passing!!!

Even though you passed address the blood sugar issue.

I was warned many times by my Dr. without taking it serious and thinking I knew how to handle it.

It's very easy to get control over if border line once educated with a change in eating habits lower / eliminating carbs and simple sugars.

Once you start in Track the hours and choices of what's open to eat are hard on the body. Even bringing your own food can be difficult at times.

Def will take this natter serious.. Change in diet... TY. Also have you been able to achieve any O.T since you've started. You don't get to eat?

Def will take this natter serious.. Change in diet... TY. Also have you been able to achieve any O.T since you've started. You don't get to eat?

If you're in capital there's always OT doesn't matter how you new you are. Maintenance not as much. 

If someone is asked twice to work and your not you have to speak up. OT is not based on how hard you work. Everybody is supposed to get a turn based on a formula (usually seniority) from a list established.

Sometimes guys work thru lunch because it takes so long to get on the Tracks and you have limited time to get your work done. You can bring it on the tracks with you but it's a filthy environment to eat in. Most will eat right before heading out or wait till morning.

FYI met a guy who is 1117, who got in to Mondays class also..Just to give you an idea of where they are at..Will find out by Monday what the highest number is hired.

Edited by riello2u

Congrats riello2u. I had a blood pressure scare a few months ago been on the straight and narrow since. Bring it down naturally hit the gym when you can eat healthy no bread pasta pizza soda fast food lose weight gradually so you won't gain it back easily