Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process

TheBigLD
Message added by +Young+

Last know called # (322x)

The list for the next open-competitive track worker examination, Exam #8600, has been published.

Please see the Track Worker Exam #8600 topic for more information.

Congrats riello2u. I had a blood pressure scare a few months ago been on the straight and narrow since. Bring it down naturally hit the gym when you can eat healthy no bread pasta pizza soda fast food lose weight gradually so you won't gain it back easily

As a suggestion, have you tried sprinkling cinnamon on your food? Providing I'm up to snuff, meaning feel good, twice a month I go give platelets, and as part of the pre-medical, they take my blood pressure. Approximately two to three meals before they check it, I sprinkle and/or mix in cinnamon on my food. As a result, one time my B/P reading was 110/70, another time it was 102/70, another time it was 100/68, another time it was 104/60, etc.

Therefore, although I agree with what @kmf said, this might also help you as well...just keep in mind that with MAC (Medical Assessment Center), 110/70 to 130/90 is acceptable...

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a suggestion, have you tried sprinkling cinnamon on your food? Providing I'm up to snuff, meaning feel good, twice a month I go give platelets, and as part of the pre-medical, they take my blood pressure. Approximately two to three meals before they check it, I sprinkle and/or mix in cinnamon on my food. As a result, one time my B/P reading was 110/70, another time it was 102/70, another time it was 100/68, another time it was 104/60, etc.

Therefore, although I agree with what @kmf said, this might also help you as well...just keep in mind that with MAC (Medical Assessment Center), 110/70 to 130/90 is acceptable...

My BP was OK it was my blood sugar that was high.... But I will try the cinnamon on my food..It wouldn't hurt I could use better BP readings

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Anyone know what top pay is now after 6 years? I now it has increased since 2012

Cinnamon is also known to lower blood sugar. There's a type that even thins the blood.

Do a little research on your own, try things out and see what your blood work looks like in time.

Type appreciate it. How was track school... Anything difficult about it... I've heard some people not passing..Just trying to figure out why

Anyone know what top pay is now after 6 years? I now it has increased since 2012

Sent from my SM-J320P using TapatalkType appreciate it. How was track school... Anything difficult about it... I've heard some people not passing..Just trying to figure out why

Haven't been to Track school in awhile but cant see it being difficult. Just show up on time and listen to your instructors and you'll be fine.

Here is a link to NYCTA pay scales

http://www.twulocal100.org/sites/twulocal100.org/files/wage_rates_final.pdf

Congrats!

Yes we were there for our last day of flagging. We saw ya'll walking around all stiff and shit with your new Lehigh boots. :)

Lpl...Boots are feet killers..... Need insoles asap

Hey guys, new to the thread. So im thinking of applying for the exam this October and im a young guy (21) looking into what I feel will be the star of my life. I know this will take a lot of patience to finally achieve the position but the MTA was something I was always interested in. I know in myself that i can get this position but it's all about patience. Meanwhile for this whole hoorah I'll be attending college and doing part time work. Also I'm curious to ask how the first step of all this is? Thanks for the feedback if any. T

Rockawaylcl,

Get the chief newspaper go on mta.info to see upcoming exams read each notice of examination to see if you're qualified sign up and create an account at mta.info submit your resume and pay the examination fees there by credit card. Take exams as they come out. Try to score in the high 90s to get called faster. If your going to college plan accordingly. If you move let Mta know right away. Stay drug free. Get used to waking up early in the morning. When you get the job don't screw around during 1 year probation.

Hey guys, new to the thread. So im thinking of applying for the exam this October and im a young guy (21) looking into what I feel will be the star of my life. I know this will take a lot of patience to finally achieve the position but the MTA was something I was always interested in. I know in myself that i can get this position but it's all about patience. Meanwhile for this whole hoorah I'll be attending college and doing part time work. Also I'm curious to ask how the first step of all this is? Thanks for the feedback if any. T

Yes patience and a very high score... 97.5+ for quicker movement.. Stay in school get a CDL license class B or A... If your looking for PT work..Get a job with a school bus company so that way you can get the license/road teat through the bus company.... All you would need to so is get the CDL permit and the school bus company will handle the rest...Opportunities driving CDL.is where its at if you into driving .... But in the meantime get your degree that also can benefit you down the road in transit should you decide to get into a field within the MTA that requires a degree... Your at the perfect age 21...I have a son your age... Take all the test possible leaving your options open and your changes greater getting in MTA.... Leg your feet in then focus on whatever you want to do later... Good luck too you

@riello2u, thanks for the advice, when it comes to the cdl stuff I'm probably not interested in the moment but can be helpful im the later future. I'm confident that im able to get a pretty high score. Patience is actually one of my strong suits so I'm alright with waiting. It's worth it for what I've read so far. This is something I want to start out with and later down the road I want to apply for Train Operator. Being drug free isn't a problem for me. Waking up early isn't a problem. You gotta do what you gotta do, plus I work night shifts at the moment so I can always adjust. And I'm a very reliable employee (especially when it comes to making it on time)so the 1 year probation period is cool.

I took the exam and passed in 2014. I received a letter stating that I am in the 700's on the list that expires in December 2018. When I called the DCAS number is says my name has been removed from the list and when I requested a fax to reinstate myself it never came. My question is, if I get reinstated, will I be at the back of the list or the front? Can anyone list the DCAS numbers to call? 

God Bless, get money!!!

I took the exam and passed in 2014. I received a letter stating that I am in the 700's on the list that expires in December 2018. When I called the DCAS number is says my name has been removed from the list and when I requested a fax to reinstate myself it never came. My question is, if I get reinstated, will I be at the back of the list or the front? Can anyone list the DCAS numbers to call?

The phone number is 212-669-1357. You can also try to send them an email (certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov) and see what happens.

My other suggestion, if you have the time, would be to go down to 2 Lafayette Street in Lower Manhattan and try to speak to someone. If you decide to go, just keep in mind that you will have to go through a metal detector. If you need travel directions to 2 Lafayette Street, click here.

Good luck!!

God Bless, get money!!!

Had that same issues abt a week ago ..your name will be listed in front .. my advise to you is go there in person they will confirmed your back on a list with a receipts dated & stamped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The phone number is 212-669-1357. You can also try to send them an email (certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov) and see what happens.

My other suggestion, if you have the time, would be to go down to 2 Lafayette Street in Lower Manhattan and try to speak to someone. If you decide to go, just keep in mind that you will have to go through a metal detector. If you need travel directions to 2 Lafayette Street, click here.

Good luck!!

They moved the location to 1 Centre Street 21st Fl . its right across from 2 Lafayette street.

Thanks for the info. How often do they start a new class? And of course whats the starting pay and hours?

Classes is base on the needs of more track workers .. either ppl retiring or changing positions