Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process

TheBigLD
Message added by +Young+

Last know called # (322x)

The list for the next open-competitive track worker examination, Exam #8600, has been published.

Please see the Track Worker Exam #8600 topic for more information.

Signal?

They go out with more flagging lights then men. Plus they got radios.

I wouldn't go there.

Nope. Me either. Signal has a lot of heat on them right now. Plus they're always getting called out on track circuits and other nonsense. Tough dept to be in right now. Edited by SpikeMauler

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Things have been pretty quiet around here haha, so any rough estimate as to when we'll hear anything?

Also, whats the whole hiring process like? do you get a letter stating to come in for a medical or something of that nature, after the list is established obviously? If someone has any details that would be great! 

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, Happy holidays to All!

Soo does anybody have a good idea as to what the whole hiring process like? do you get a letter stating to come in for a medical or something of that nature, after the list is established obviously? Is there an intense background/ investigation? Whats the training like ! If someone has any details that would be great!

Hey guys, Happy holidays to All!

Soo does anybody have a good idea as to what the whole hiring process like? do you get a letter stating to come in for a medical or something of that nature, after the list is established obviously? Is there an intense background/ investigation? Whats the training like ! If someone has any details that would be great!

My educated guess is that it would be something similar to those who are being called for Bus Operator - except you do not need the CDL licence. Refer to http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/34980-bus-operator-exam-2613-questions/ for more information.

• 3 weeks later...

no not yet

Mastap is correct. Even though we took the exam for this last March, today I called DCAS (212-669-1357) to try to obtain a list number, since this worked for the B/O exam 2613. After I entered my information, there was no record of my social security #. Therefore, I have a feeling that they don't want to release the list just yet.

In addition, when I was at 180 Livingston Street on December 19th for the second drug test (for B/O 2613), I was talking to the person next to me. He mentioned that he took the previous track worker exam (http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/downloads/pdf/noes/trackworker.pdf) and that there were no more track worker positions open/available. Therefore, the agency offered him a "cleaner" position which he was going for.

In my opinion, based on this information, although the agency has a 'list' established, it will not be produced until there are track worker positions open/available.

• 3 weeks later...

i received a letter a few months ago staying its going to take at least 9 month before a list is established properly by may , june who should get our list number

thanks@youngnyc

You're welcome. My recommendation for you folks is to call the 212 number periodically in order to obtain a list number. I just tried calling a few moments ago and was not successful. However, when I am successful, I will post something on this thread.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, i know its been quiet around here, i guess mainly due to the fact we probably wont hear anything for quite some time.

However, anyone on the job or know someone that can give me some insight? Hows the job? hows the pay? someone in a previous post explained something about you have to a choice to go into "capital"? can anyone elaborate haha. what the hiring process like - are they strict on who they take, or can i guy like me with no experience get on? And i know that its up to the individual, but what would you say is a better job in terms of pay, pension, benefits etc...........track worker (MTA) or city job like police, fire, sanitation?

Anyone opinions would be great!

Hey guys, i know its been quiet around here, i guess mainly due to the fact we probably wont hear anything for quite some time.

However, anyone on the job or know someone that can give me some insight? Hows the job? hows the pay? someone in a previous post explained something about you have to a choice to go into "capital"? can anyone elaborate haha. what the hiring process like - are they strict on who they take, or can i guy like me with no experience get on? And i know that its up to the individual, but what would you say is a better job in terms of pay, pension, benefits etc...........track worker (MTA) or city job like police, fire, sanitation?

Anyone opinions would be great!

See posts 164, 166 and 170 on this thread for some insight on the job. You don't need any experience or a HS diploma for that matter. You also can be a convicted felon and still get hired. Police, Fire and Sanitation are all better jobs with better pay, benefits and pensions respectively.

Really? I sure hope so haha. just out of curiosity how did you find that out !

About 6 months ago in October, we got an e-mail stating that they are grading the exams and the results should be out in 6 months, which is April.

I've also been calling DCAS (212-669-1357) at least once a week for a list # and no luck yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like we won't get results before July. http://web.mta.info/nyct/hr/3600.htm

NYC Transit Track Worker - Exam No. 3600

Thank you for applying for NYC Transit Track Worker, Exam No. 3600. Please take a moment and read the important information below.

SELECTION PROCESS:

You were given a multiple-choice test. Your score on this test will be used to determine your place on an eligible list. You must achieve a score of at least 70 to pass this test.

PROPOSED KEYS:

The proposed keys for this exam were published in May 2013. Please refer to your ‘Candidate’s Record of Answers’ sheet to compare your answers to the proposed key answers. The final key answers will not be published until the list is established.

LIST ESTABLISHMENT / NOTICE OF RESULTS:

At this time, we do not expect this list to be established before July 2014. Once the list is established, you will receive your official Notice of Results in the mail. 

PLEASE NOTE

You are responsible for keeping your address up to date. Only the address on our file will be used to mail correspondence.

To update your address, you may do one of the following:

1. Visit us at the MTA Exam Information Center located in the lobby of 180 Livingston Street, Brooklyn, NY 11201, Mondays through Fridays, between 9 AM – 3 PM
  2. Email us at examsunit@nyct.com
  3. Call us at (347) 643-7221/7222

Thank you.

• 1 month later...

Now it looks like we won't get our results until September 2014: (http://web.mta.info/nyct/hr/3600.htm)

LIST ESTABLISHMENT / NOTICE OF RESULTS(UPDATED)

At this time, we do not expect this list to be established before September 2014. Once the list is established, you will receive your official Notice of Results in the mail. 

(The rest of the information is the same as in the previous post.)

Edited by YoungNYCSubwayFan

• 1 month later...