Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process

TheBigLD
Message added by +Young+

Last know called # (322x)

The list for the next open-competitive track worker examination, Exam #8600, has been published.

Please see the Track Worker Exam #8600 topic for more information.

Got back from 180 livingston today. Wasn't too bad. Got there at 6:50 am. Doors opened a little after 7am. Lab would have been quicker but i sat in the wrong waiting room for almost an hour until a lady at the counter redirected us.

Total time there: 4 hours

Sent from my SGH-M919N using Tapatalk

Lots of people there?

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just finished up my first visit to Livingston on Monday 1200 is the batch I was selected from. Filled out documentation and submit ID and urine. There's not much more information given afterward, can anyone fill me in on what timeframe to expect next?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I just finished up my first visit to Livingston on Monday 1200 is the batch I was selected from. Filled out documentation and submit ID and urine. There's not much more information given afterward, can anyone fill me in on what timeframe to expect next?

You will be contacted soon to come back with the 21 packet and complete a full Med eval.. If all goes well you will.be sworn in.and given a date for orientation

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Is it completely necessary to get you work a transcript:$115 if your missing some very short jobs that your going to fill out as times of unemployment.

If you can't remember at least month and year of employment then you will need to get that SS print out.. You will have to disclose all unemployment not leaving any gaps since H.S. Then the hiring officer will throw out anyhing with 4 or less months unemployed. Don't ask me why..But that's what happened too me...

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Does anyone think I have a chance of getting in at #48**

I know you're anxious to get an answer, however please keep in mind that we have guests who view the site who could be anybody, especially in today's day and age. Therefore, just like how I edited the last two posts, if you can make an effort to hide the last digit or two of your list number, it would truly be appreciated.

Another way to do this is to simply round your list number. Like for me, my list number is in the 2800's, which can be from #2800 to #2899. Or, if your list number is 13,995 (which doesn't exist since there are 12,497 names on the list), you can state that your list number is in the 13,900's.

Got it? My apologies if I'm harsh, however this is for your safety, especially in today's society...

Do anyone know how far away they are from list #19**? I know I've been on the outstanding cert for about 3-4 weeks now. I'm just impatiently waiting for a letter in the mail lol

On July 31 I was at Livingston and I'm mid 1200s

Do anyone know how far away they are from list #19**? I know I've been on the outstanding cert for about 3-4 weeks now. I'm just impatiently waiting for a letter in the mail lol

Well, according to post # 1982 they are in the 1400s, and according to the previous post, they are in the 1200's, so if I had to take an educated guess, they will probably send you a letter by February of 2018.

And you're lucky - with my list number in the 2800's, I'm hoping to get a letter in the mail by December of 2018. Last time I called the DCAS automated system, it also said that I'm on outstanding certification, which, to me, is interesting...

Update:

Got there Friday morning around 645 (with thunderstorms from nowhere). Signed in, went to the 5th floor showed the lady at the desk my docs, and proceeded to the rude fellow with the glasses (if you were here before you'll know who I mean). After he went over my things, he gave me a ticket and the wait began. Overall there were about 50-60 people there. From what I could tell, it was mixed with track workers, conductors, and people being promoted to train driver. Before my ticket was called, Mr rude bought out a speaker and proceeded to guide people through the paperwork he handed out to be turned in the same day. I thought this was a little backwards because it took about a good hour for him to do that, and people were being called up at the same time. I got called up by the time he got to the third page. A cool dude at the desk took my info, new ticket to go sit behind the blue wall for testing. Was called a bit later did my drop and was told I'd be contacted via email. The dude who was cool told me there's another batch of track workers being called Monday so it looks like what Riellou says may be true. Things are definitely moving.

Just an FYI for those of you in track school, those of you on the tracks and those of you who are waiting to be called when working on tracks with the power off we now use what's called a 'boom box' that hooks up to the negative running Rail and the third rail.

It's just a grey box with flashing lights and a siren should the rail come alive for any reason it goes off. I don't know what they teach in school but whenever you have to hook one up to test that it works on a live track put it wherever you're going to put it and stretch the leads out far enough away from the box before hooking it up. They are known to short out and also explode being there very fragile and not well taken care of and even left out in the rain sometimes.

Just recently a supervisor went to test one on a live track, as is procedure, before hooking it up on the track out of service. The Box was not a safe distance away from him where it exploded causing injury to him.

Well, according to post # 1982 they are in the 1400s, and according to the previous post, they are in the 1200's, so if I had to take an educated guess, they will probably send you a letter by February of 2018.

And you're lucky - with my list number in the 2800's, I'm hoping to get a letter in the mail by December of 2018. Last time I called the DCAS automated system, it also said that I'm on outstanding certification, which, to me, is interesting...

Dang I hope I receive a letter before the year is over at least.

Interesting. Time will tell (especially with my list # in the 2800's...)

Also, I recently called DCAS in regards to this list, and I have one word to say (compared to the information in this thread) = inaccurate.

Edited by +Young+

Interesting. Time will tell (especially with my list # in the 2800's...)

Also, I recently called DCAS in regards to this list, and I have one word to say (compared to the information in this thread) = inaccurate.

Well I know for a fact that they were at least up to the1490s range for pre employment on Monday. Edited by G13