Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process

TheBigLD
Message added by +Young+

Last know called # (322x)

The list for the next open-competitive track worker examination, Exam #8600, has been published.

Please see the Track Worker Exam #8600 topic for more information.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats why im confused i spoke to mr morano if thats hes name and he specifically told they havent reach the 1900s as of yet so im totally lost are they dont know what to do at this point and im in the lower 1900s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any help will be helpful

Thats why im confused i spoke to mr morano if thats hes name and he specifically told they havent reach the 1900s as of yet so im totally lost are they dont know what to do at this point and im in the lower 1900s

Any help will be helpful

Charlie.Moran@nyct.com email him..

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Charlie.Moran@nyct.com email him..

Also best bet is too go in person

I went down there today to see if anyone in the 1400s had been called for final processing. Turns out sometimes the computer system makes errors because when someone punched in my info, it said I didn't show for my medical. I told the guy there was no way I was mailed. I've been keeping an restless watch on my inboxes since I was tested. He went to another office, came back and told me that it was a system error.

So that could be the reason why someone in the 1900s got a letter.

I went down there today to see if anyone in the 1400s had been called for final processing. Turns out sometimes the computer system makes errors because when someone punched in my info, it said I didn't show for my medical. I told the guy there was no way I was mailed. I've been keeping an restless watch on my inboxes since I was tested. He went to another office, came back and told me that it was a system error.

So that could be the reason why someone in the 1900s got a letter.

Amazing..... SMH .. Great job G13

Amazing..... SMH .. Great job G13

I'm just glad it wasn't something crazy like being DQ'ed or the like. With how fast things are going, I'm guessing they'll mail me after the sept class has started and maybe I'll get in the October one. Best thing we can do is just pass what info we have to each other. I thank everyone in this fourm for taking the time to add their experiences and information. It's been a long wait, and nice to know things are moving. Edited by G13

Sup guys. I've been watching the replys on this forum for some time and it really helped me so I figure I'll share my hiring process with you guys and hopefully it helps you. My list number is extremely low (won't give exact # being that some of the info I will give will make it obvious to whoever is in the class with me on 9-11)

To start : I was called in march of 2015 to start the process but did not respond due to a knee injury I was recovering from. When i fully recovered , I re-instated my list number which took about 3-4 weeks to get called down to Livingston street to start the process

I got a letter to come in sept 2016 to start the process. Took the drug urine test and got the results in October that I failed the drug test (tested + for marijuana). I was allowed to go through a substance abuse program(SAP) suggested by MTA. They give you about 3 SAP programs and you chose. The program cost about 600 dollars for 1 day. They just talk about how drugs are bad and things like that. When you finish, they give you a certificate and contact MTA that you completed it , then MTA contacts you to come back down to start the process over. Be advised, the lab associates were surprised that I was given another opportunity to the hiring process . They kept saying I'm lucky and that it's rare for them to invite you back down.

It took from 10/16-03/17 which is 5 months , to schedule and make the class for the SAP program .

After completing the program , the SAP never sent confirmation to MTA that I completed the program. I had proof via the completion certificate but they still needed the programist to personally confirm which took 2 months because , ofcourse, she was on vacation.

Took the 2nd drug in May 2017 which I passed. Next step is the medical/physical exam with the ekg test, blood pressure, hearing and vision, breathing test etc. Failed the ekg test and was put on medical hold. The mta doctors told me what Exactly my personal doctor needed to do/write to clear me. Came back a week later and was cleared but the class was full.

MTA clerical associates are very sloppy . Twice has my paperwork been misplaced or not sent to the correct persons to move up on the hiring process. I called in Augusts wondering why I have not been notified in July to come down and complete the hiring process. The lab never sent my drug test results from June 2017 which is why I missed the July class smh

Long story short fellas , be consistent with your employement process. I was calling about twice a week when I did not hear anything for 2-3 weeks at a time until my calls sped things up. They will forget about you. I waited one time about 2 months thinking that they're working on my application, then called to find out the status and they said they can't find my paperwork. If you guys don't hear back within 2-3 weeks, call them and inquire about your application or results or whatever it is you did last. Hope this helps

Gonna have to agree. After what I was told about a "system error", best believe they will hear from me at least once a week and I will even show up in person every 2 weeks to make sure things are moving. Thanks for your info kidrock215. Congrats to you as well.

After what I was told about a "system error", best believe they will hear from me at least once a week and I will even show up in person every 2 weeks to make sure things are moving...

Good luck! Please keep us posted...we would truly appreciate it...

Good morning guys im actuall here at 180 livingston and there is a mix of promotion bus operator etc. yes i was suppose to be here for today the 25 received no letter thank guys for the help and numbers to contact the rite people

Blatt you should get contact with mr moran i have a guy in front with a list number in the higher 1800 and im at the lower 1900

Good morning guys im actuall here at 180 livingston and there is a mix of promotion bus operator etc. yes i was suppose to be here for today the 25 received no letter thank guys for the help and numbers to contact the rite people

Blatt you should get contact with mr moran i have a guy in front with a list number in the higher 1800 and im at the lower 1900

let us know how it goes. Good luck

I know forever is not even the word i even question him twice

Is definitely for the first time is a brutal and long process make sure ya guys dont for get that ss card for some reason lots of people forget them

They always say "within 90 days" to cover there ass. They really respond to you within 2 weeks , even sooner if there's a class coming up. I had to do the pre employment process about 5 times being that the first I failed the drug, 2nd I failed the medical , 3rd was a vacancy on the title , 4&5 they misplaced my paperwork. Each of those times they gave me the "within 90 days" line and I've been called no later then 2 weeks . Earliest was 3-4 days

They always say "within 90 days" to cover there ass. They really respond to you within 2 weeks , even sooner if there's a class coming up. I had to do the pre employment process about 5 times being that the first I failed the drug, 2nd I failed the medical , 3rd was a vacancy on the title , 4&5 they misplaced my paperwork. Each of those times they gave me the "within 90 days" line and I've been called no later then 2 weeks . Earliest was 3-4 days

Kid Rock glad you got into the class god had blessed you do your thing see in the sept class fam we live 2017.