Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
TheBigLD

Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process

Any tickets must be paid

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

It will be found during investigation and can be pul out of class or thield.of you make it that far...

Thank you a ton. Found out more information from family in transit

I am

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice ???????? Might see you, have an all white polo on

Thank you a ton. Found out more information from family in transit

Nice [emoji1474] Might see you, have an all white polo on

Ok back of the line behind the lady

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you choose work locations? I keep seeing the Bronx, Brooklyn, Lex ave. Any in Queens??

Yes the jobs will be spread out between..Mann, BX,Queens,BK.... But depending on where fall on the seniority when picking, Your ideal choices may or may not be available when it becomes your turn for selection....

So let me share my day for the pre employment process. Arrived at 7:10 there were probably around 20 people ahead of me. Make sure you have all original copies of your documents, they give you a ticket, you then stand on another line to get this packet and some sheets on a clipboard that you will be guided by a proctor to fill out. Make sure you have no traffic tickets, or anything pertaining a vehicle ticket, license suspension because they will send you home until you take care of it. I seen it with my own eyes. Next, you wait until your ticket number or name is called so they can review your documents. In this case, I was waiting forever because they bypassed my number. I kind of expected that so make sure you speak up if you are unsure. Next, they will send you to the lab for drug test and after that you go home and it’s just a waiting game for the medical which is the next step. Been there from 7:10am to 1:30pm

Yes the jobs will be spread out between..Mann, BX,Queens,BK.... But depending on where fall on the seniority when picking, Your ideal choices may or may not be available when it becomes your turn for selection....

Did you chose capital or maintence? I think I'm going to go with capital for the ot unless maintness assures me I'll be getting Atleast 1-2 days (16hrs) ot a week

So let me share my day for the pre employment process. Arrived at 7:10 there were probably around 20 people ahead of me.... Been there from 7:10am to 1:30pm

Sounds about right when I was there last time within the past two months for something else. Just some advice for those going down, besides what was previously mentioned:

a) Make sure you bring something to read (magazine, book, etc.) or something to do while waiting. Cell phone must be on vibrate during the entire time.

b) If you get there earlier, although you won't be allowed to go upstairs, they start forming a line from the lobby onto the sidewalk. Therefore, if you're able to get there earlier, the better it will be for you since they process people by the number on your ticket, not by your list number.

Good luck!!

Did you chose capital or maintence? I think I'm going to go with capital for the ot unless maintness assures me I'll be getting Atleast 1-2 days (16hrs) ot a week

I'm in Maintenance.... Today for the first time I signed up for Saturday Canvas OT.... Not sure if I will get it ... Capital is def where the reg OT is..But there is OT all over

I'm in Maintenance.... Today for the first time I signed up for Saturday Canvas OT.... Not sure if I will get it ... Capital is def where the reg OT is..But there is OT all over

Word good luck on that. Yeah I heard capital is ot crazy but no weekends off . I also was told that if you in maintenance and you do ot , it's on your day off . That true? I rather do a double n keep my 2 days off

Word good luck on that. Yeah I heard capital is ot crazy but no weekends off . I also was told that if you in maintenance and you do ot , it's on your day off . That true? I rather do a double n keep my 2 days off

Yes but you can do doubles also in Maint

Capital is large scale jobs. Digouts, chip outs, panel jobs etc...mid week days off. Long hours on the weekends 16+ hour shifts. You move around a lot. One week in Queens the next in the Bronx etc...The only reason to pick Capital is to work the overtime. Lots of OT readily available and you're expected to work it. You will make six figures easy if you want it(once at top pay). Maintainence you have partial weekends off eg: Fri/Sat, Sat/Sun, Sun/Mon. The work is much smaller scale (excluding that fast track crap. Maintainence days doesn't have that). There is some OT but nothing like Capital.

Sure. Track Dept is basically broken down into two divisions. Track Maintainence and Capital Construction. You pick which division you want to work in. Usually a pick lasts two to three years. Track Maintainence is usually smaller scale jobs. Days off are usually Fri/Sat or Sun/Mon. You can make some O.T. here but not as much as Capital. Capital Construction is larger scale jobs. Days off are midweek usually Mon/Tue, Tue/Wed etc...They make a lot of O.T. mainly on the weekends. Extra shifts on the weekends and extended hours during the week. Most people pick Capital to work the O.T.

How is the work different between Capital and Maintenance? 

See above for the answer, from previous posts, respectively.

How long does it take to get to "top pay"? I heard working with the wet saw pays good money, is that in Maint or Cap or both? Thanks.

Believe it's 4 years. Not 100% sure.

Call and email came in from Mr Moran. Final processing next weds. List #143x

Ahhhhwooooo did you get cleared yet bro?

No clearance yet. I passed my ekg for my pcp. But they want to send me to a cardiologist for a 3rd opinion. The earliest i wqs able to secure is on Sep. 29th. Doesnt look like I'll be making it in early September class G13

Sent from my SGH-M919N using Tapatalk

1896 is the last eligible certified. Not the same as last appointed. That, by DCAS count, is 1031.

I called DCAS earlier today and, the information I heard is the same as in this post (#2039). Good luck for those going down in the immediate future!!

I called DCAS earlier today and, the information I heard is the same as in this post (#2039). Good luck for those going down in the immediate future!!

Its not accurate though. 

Any information on Sept 11th class? Or do you guys have information on the next class after? What’s list # did they call up to for medical?

I'm guessing the sept 11th class is filled already. I just finished medical and am waiting for fingerprinting. Next class is sept 25th.

Thanks to everyone who provided info, support, and hope during these long 4 years. Will definitely pay it forward and give info as I progress.

Good luck to all those waiting.

I'm guessing the sept 11th class is filled already. I just finished medical and am waiting for fingerprinting. Next class is sept 25th.

Thanks to everyone who provided info, support, and hope during these long 4 years. Will definitely pay it forward and give info as I progress.

Good luck to all those waiting.

Ooh okay, thanks!! You said your list # was 14**?

Believe it's 4 years. Not 100% sure.

Call and email came in from Mr Moran. Final processing next weds. List #143x

Question answered.