Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process

TheBigLD
Message added by +Young+

Last know called # (322x)

The list for the next open-competitive track worker examination, Exam #8600, has been published.

Please see the Track Worker Exam #8600 topic for more information.

54 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

(My apologies for not quoting you - my post would just be too lengthy)

If they tell you to go home at 7:30, that means you'll be rescheduled until next time, whenever that is.

As far as who has the "official list" - this is the first time that I ever heard of such a scenario, unless it was done discreetly numerous times. Therefore, hopefully the HR Dept. of NYC Transit will get the "official list" back from DCAS within a short amount of time.

Since you never got the initial letter, when you go down there, just ask them for a copy. It's not a big deal.

They check both MTA & driving tickets. Since you have a red light ticket, and the hearing is in December, that is technically "pending". They will not allow you to proceed unless you pay it.

As far as calling them, the other day I started calling the numbers at 9 AM, and dialed the 29/30/31/32 numbers over and over again, and somebody picked up at 9:45.

Good luck...

I see.

So I got through to Robinson who seemed like the nicest lady. Surprisingly.

She told me they are up to the 1600's in their list.

I told her I'm out of state and if it's possible to reschedule. 

That's when she said since I'm in the 283×'s it will be awhile before they get to me so I would just be coming in for a drug test. 

She said I would have to call once I get back in town and get myself back on the list. 

I forgot to ask her if I have to call her back or some other number.

She mentioned something about 2 years wait if I don't come in this Friday and call back to put myself back on the list.

I'm at an impasse, I'm not sure how detrimental not coming in would be but would want to hold off the drug test for a week max. (Embarrasing). Any thoughts?

Sorry for double post didn't realize I wasn't replying to you the first time.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, Queensqueens111 said:

But they turned us away this week and didn't let us take drug tests. Does she not know livington st is turning people away? What a mess

So you're saying if I show up this Friday as scheduled they'll most likely turn me away at 180 Livingston? 

First of all, don't worry about the double post. As one of the moderators, I can fix that within a matter of seconds.

Getting back on-topic, I just left a message with Ms. Robinson and will make an effort to personally talk to her tomorrow. When I do, I plan on taking my time and elaborating that some of my friends (which are you folks) are in the 2600's and 2800's and we've been getting mixed results.

It's just a true shame that not only this happened, but the HR Department got ahead of themselves by sending out the letters to begin with.

I been in the forum for a little while i was in the first 50 to be called on this list its no way that there will be a  2 year wait with the list when the list expire next December 2018 and there will be another track worker test coming up in about 2 weeks 8600 

Edited by +Young+
Spelling...

52 minutes ago, Chris127 said:

I been in the forum for a little while i was in the first 50 to be called on this list its no way that there will be a  2 year wait with the list when the list expire next December 2018 and there will be another track worker test coming up in about 2 weeks 8600 

I agree. So, in other words, Ms. Robinson just wants to "screw" us, when the next Track Worker exam is going to be even harder...interesting...

10 hours ago, volchik696 said:

I see.

So I got through to Robinson who seemed like the nicest lady. Surprisingly.

She told me they are up to the 1600's in their list.

I told her I'm out of state and if it's possible to reschedule. 

That's when she said since I'm in the 283×'s it will be awhile before they get to me so I would just be coming in for a drug test. 

She said I would have to call once I get back in town and get myself back on the list. 

I forgot to ask her if I have to call her back or some other number.

She mentioned something about 2 years wait if I don't come in this Friday and call back to put myself back on the list.

Edited by +Young+

Idk if it will be harder knowing that the mta is in major need of workers at this moment but the reason for her telling you that is probably to just encourage you to take the next test coming out beacuse they have a to meet a budget the city is all about money. My advice is just get a study guide off amazon or something retake the new one and still wait and see  what happens on the 3600 list 

I know, and those passbooks are out of date to begin with.

By the way, if you look at the MTA's website, there will NOT be another Track Worker test coming up in 2 weeks. If you examine it carefully, the application period, as of now, starts October 6th and ends October 24th. If there was a physical exam, we would have received our admission letters by now. And yes, I plan on submitting my application for Exam 8600.

Please be careful as far as misleading information. As the moderator, do I have to start giving warnings out?

Edited by +Young+

• Harry featured this topic
6 hours ago, +Young+ said:

First of all, don't worry about the double post. As one of the moderators, I can fix that within a matter of seconds.

Getting back on-topic, I just left a message with Ms. Robinson and will make an effort to personally talk to her tomorrow. When I do, I plan on taking my time and elaborating that some of my friends (which are you folks) are in the 2600's and 2800's and we've been getting mixed results.

It's just a true shame that not only this happened, but the HR Department got ahead of themselves by sending out the letters to begin with.

That be great. I really want to understand if we're going through the process on Friday or if we will get turned away. And how much more waiting time will be added if I don't make this one. It's really so confusing.

1 hour ago, Chris127 said:

Is the 8600 any different from the 3600? I gotta check that out on the mta employment site tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, volchik696 said:

Is the 8600 any different from the 3600? I gotta check that out on the mta employment site tomorrow.

We'll know once the Notice of Examination is out...if I had to take an educated guess, it's going to be a lot harder...

Edited by +Young+

57 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

I agree. So, in other words, Ms. Robinson just wants to "screw" us, when the next Track Worker exam is going to be even harder...interesting...

I honestly think I probably misunderstood her. I only spent less than 5 minutes talking to her so as not to get her aggravated or anything. But it seems like it's happening Friday. That's why I'm confused about this whole putting me back on the list if I miss this appointment.

52 minutes ago, Chris127 said:

Idk if it will be harder knowing that the mta is in major need of workers at this moment but the reason for her telling you that is probably to just encourage you to take the next test coming out beacuse they have a to meet a budget the city is all about money. My advice is just get a study guide off amazon or something retake the new one and still wait and see  what happens on the 3600 list 

Right. That makes sense. Although does that mean I'll wait another 7 years to get an interview for the 8600 test? Given I pass it with flying colors. 

45 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

I know, and those passbooks are out of date to begin with.

By the way, if you look at the MTA's website, there will NOT be another Track Worker test coming up in 2 weeks. If you examine it carefully, the application period, as of now, starts October 6th and ends October 24th. If there was a physical exam, we would have received our admission letters by now. And yes, I plan on submitting my application for Exam 8600.

Please be careful as far as misleading information. As the moderator, do I have to start giving warnings out?

The application period for the 8600 exam? I gotta check and see if they say when they are giving that exam.

It's ok this system seems very unsystematic. If it wasn't for the benefits stability and money nobody would probably go here.

1 minute ago, volchik696 said:

Right. That makes sense. Although does that mean I'll wait another 7 years to get an interview for the 8600 test? Given I pass it with flying colors. 

True and true dont give up on the 3600 list though if they told you restore your name on the list restore it 

32 minutes ago, Chris127 said:

You kno wat i meant not on here for warnings or whatever your talking about im just tryna help and give out hope on here for people thats thinking they have to wait another 2 years @+Young+

Thanks for the info. I'm gonna try and get more info tom. Let's not fight this is all such a conundrum.

7 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

We'll know once the Notice of Examination is out...if I had to take an educated guess, it's going to be a lot harder...

Why do you think so just out of curiosity. The 3600 was pretty easy high school level logic stuff. I'm guessing the notice will be up on the MTA website so to keep a lookout for that.

3 minutes ago, Chris127 said:

True and true dont give up on the 3600 list though if they told you restore your name on the list restore it 

Yea thats a given ofcourse I will. I just gotta find out how to restore it whom to call to do so. That's if I don't make it this Friday.

Just now, volchik696 said:

Yea thats a given ofcourse I will. I just gotta find out how to restore it whom to call to do so. That's if I don't make it this Friday.

i remember faxing a letter to dcas to to restore my name back on the list in withing a few months they did the fax number should be on the dcas website 

1 minute ago, Chris127 said:

i remember faxing a letter to dcas to to restore my name back on the list in withing a few months they did the fax number should be on the dcas website 

Did they inform you they restored your name? How long after that they called you in do you remember?

I'm looking at the MTA site and there is a track worker 8600 10/6-10/24. 

I'm guessing the promotion exams are for already MTA employees. I wonder the promotion TO track worker is promoted from what? Just curious.