Jump to content
Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
TheBigLD

Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process

+Young+

The list for the next open-competitive track worker examination, Exam #8600, has been published. Please click here for more information.

Thank you.

Message added by +Young+

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Chris127 said:

Give your name ss# your list # u was at phone number and email address when u send the fax the letter and someone will get back to you

Ok thanks. Hope to have some updates tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, volchik696 said:

Did they inform you they restored your name? How long after that they called you in do you remember?

 

I'm looking at the MTA site and there is a track worker 8600 10/6-10/24. 

 

I'm guessing the promotion exams are for already MTA employees. I wonder the promotion TO track worker is promoted from what? Just curious. 

Yes it was so long ago but someone personally called me letting me know they fixed it and it would take a few weeks. And thats for mta workers who are in a different craft like mantience or something like that that can take the track worker promotion 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, volchik696 said:

I'm guessing the promotion exams are for already MTA employees. I wonder the promotion TO track worker is promoted from what? Just curious. 

Track Cleaner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone I’m new here just make an account. Had to go down last week to Livingston st and got turned away cause the lady said they weren’t doing track workers today I got a second notice before I went the first time and told her about that also wich would have had me go again today but she said to disregard it that I will get another letter to come down sometime is October. So I’m assuming within the next 2-3 weeks I should get another letter. Just curious if someone can verify this for me if they had the same situation. And also if anyone has another number to call. Cannot get through to Livingston at all been trying for days. On hold for over and hour each time. Thank you and info helps. Good luck to everyone!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, volchik696 said:

Why do you think so just out of curiosity. The 3600 was pretty easy high school level logic stuff. I'm guessing the notice will be up on the MTA website so to keep a lookout for that.

Two reasons:

1) The current list has about 12,500 names on it. I highly doubt they will go through the entire list. If anything, they might get 1/2 way through (6,250 'ish') and move on with the newly established promotional list, when it comes out. They're getting close to getting 1/4 of the way through the list, so...

2) If you look at the last page of the Notice of Examination for that promotional exam, they are going to be testing you in 12 (twelve) different areas, compared to the previous exam, which was primarily reading comprehension.

10 hours ago, volchik696 said:

Yea thats a given ofcourse I will. I just gotta find out how to restore it whom to call to do so. That's if I don't make it this Friday.

As far as faxing a letter, with your list number and Social Security #, as @Chris127 was referring to, this is what you have to do:

a) Call 212-669-1357.

b) Press '2'  for the automated system.

c) Enter your social security #, followed by the exam # (3600).

d) You have to 'play' around with the automated system. If you are NOT on outstanding certification, it'll give you an option to restore your name to the list via fax somewhere in there.

OR, if you have trouble doing this, you can dial the 212 number and speak to a representative, or you can go in person (1 Centre Street 21st Floor in Lower Manhattan) or you can email certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov with all of your information (name, address, social security #, exam #, list #, etc) and request that you want your name restored to the list. If you don't believe me with the email, I would encourage you to read this post.

2 hours ago, Mikeg429 said:

Hi everyone I’m new here just make an account. Had to go down last week to Livingston st and got turned away cause the lady said they weren’t doing track workers today I got a second notice before I went the first time and told her about that also wich would have had me go again today but she said to disregard it that I will get another letter to come down sometime is October. So I’m assuming within the next 2-3 weeks I should get another letter. Just curious if someone can verify this for me if they had the same situation. And also if anyone has another number to call. Cannot get through to Livingston at all been trying for days. On hold for over and hour each time. Thank you and info helps. Good luck to everyone!

Other people have said something very similar. As far as phone numbers, 347-643-8229/30/31/32 are the phone numbers for the HR Department; 347-643-8198 is Ms. Robinson's phone number, who specifically deals with the Track Workers.

Edited by +Young+

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mikeg429 said:

Hi everyone I’m new here just make an account. Had to go down last week to Livingston st and got turned away cause the lady said they weren’t doing track workers today I got a second notice before I went the first time and told her about that also wich would have had me go again today but she said to disregard it that I will get another letter to come down sometime is October. So I’m assuming within the next 2-3 weeks I should get another letter. Just curious if someone can verify this for me if they had the same situation. And also if anyone has another number to call. Cannot get through to Livingston at all been trying for days. On hold for over and hour each time. Thank you and info helps. Good luck to everyone!

Thanks for this info. Me Robinson usually picks up around 9 30 9 45 am. The number is 347-643-8198. 

I got through this morning and she basically informed me that if I show up this Friday like my letter said I will be turned away because of the whole list is in the wrong department thing. Read a few pages back you'll understand.

I'll probably will still come just to show up so they don't forget about me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, volchik696 said:

Thanks for this info. Me Robinson usually picks up around 9 30 9 45 am. The number is 347-643-8198

I got through this morning and she basically informed me that if I show up this Friday like my letter said I will be turned away because of the whole list is in the wrong department thing. Read a few pages back you'll understand.

I'll probably will still come just to show up so they don't forget about me.

Sounds good. I’ll give and update when I call too. I’ll try to give her a call later today or tomorrow morning since I am in class right now I will keep you guys posted on anything I hear. I’m not sure if she was the women that spoke to me as she didn’t say her name. She asked if any track workers were here and as far as I know I was the only one that day unless people came in late that when she said a couple weeks letters will go out again and we will return in October. So hopefully everyone hears back soon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, +Young+ said:

Two reasons:

1) The current list has about 12,500 names on it. I highly doubt they will go through the entire list. If anything, they might get 1/2 way through (6,250 'ish') and move on with the newly established promotional list, when it comes out. They're getting close to getting 1/4 of the way through the list, so...

2) If you look at the last page of the Notice of Examination for that promotional exam, they are going to be testing you in 12 (twelve) different areas, compared to the previous exam, which was primarily reading comprehension.

As far as faxing a letter, with your list number and Social Security #, as @Chris127 was referring to, this is what you have to do:

a) Call 212-669-1357.

b) Press '2'  for the automated system.

c) Enter your social security #, followed by the exam # (3600).

d) You have to 'play' around with the automated system. If you are NOT on outstanding certification, it'll give you an option to restore your name to the list via fax somewhere in there.

OR, if you have trouble doing this, you can dial the 212 number and speak to a representative, or you can go in person (1 Centre Street 21st Floor in Lower Manhattan) or you can email certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov with all of your information (name, address, social security #, exam #, list #, etc) and request that you want your name restored to the list. If you don't believe me with the email, I would encourage you to read this post.

Other people have said something very similar. As far as phone numbers, 347-643-8229/30/31/32 are the phone numbers for the HR Department; 347-643-8198 is Ms. Robinson's phone number, who specifically deals with the Track Workers.

Definetly will try and call her tomorrow morning around that time. Thank you. Keep you guys posted on any info I get. The lady at the Livingston office did say we should get letters in a few weeks to come back in October so hopefully that works out. And 1 more thing by any chance does anyone know if point on your lisence would prevent you from getting this job?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mikeg429 said:

Definetly will try and call her tomorrow morning around that time. Thank you. Keep you guys posted on any info I get. The lady at the Livingston office did say we should get letters in a few weeks to come back in October so hopefully that works out. And 1 more thing by any chance does anyone know if point on your lisence would prevent you from getting this job?

Your license just can't have pending tickets or be suspended

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished first day at PS248. Class of 50 people. I believe the highest list number was someone in the 1500s. 

Recieved work boots and 2 new booklets. Nothing major discussed. My trainers are Mr Drayton and Mr Corcino. 

Edited by G13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jordan11208 said:

Who’s taking track worker exam 8600?!

I plan on applying for it next month (and there will be a new thread for that exam too). As far as taking the exam, we'll see what's going on at that time, respectively...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, +Young+ said:

I plan on applying for it next month (and there will be a new thread for that exam too). As far as taking the exam, we'll see what's going on at that time, respectively...

So on October 6th we apply online ? Or do we go to them and sign the application? And what happens after we sign the application then what 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jordan11208 said:

So on October 6th we apply online ? Or do we go to them and sign the application? And what happens after we sign the application then what 

Yes, October 6th we apply online. We do not go to them to submit an application.

After you apply online, you will eventually receive an "admission notice" in the mail to take the exam, sometime in 2018.

After the exam, it's a waiting game until the list is released, in which you will eventually receive your score and list number.

After you receive your score and list number, it's another waiting game until you are invited by the MTA to their Human Resources Office to begin the pre-employment process!! We took exam 3600 (this one) in April of 2013, and, for me, I had to wait 4 & 1/2 years before getting called, with a score of 95% on the exam.

Good luck!! (sounds fun, right?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, G13 said:

Finished first day at PS248. Class of 50 people. I believe the highest list number was someone in the 1500s. 

Recieved work boots and 2 new booklets. Nothing major discussed. My trainers are Mr Drayton and Mr Corcino. 

Hey G13. How do those workboots feel? And did they keep you a full 8 hours?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Aahhhwoooooo said:

Hey G13. How do those workboots feel? And did they keep you a full 8 hours?

I wouldn't say they're uncomfortable, just unwieldy. Mines fit to my size with room to spare for some thick socks (9.5). 

Yea, we did the full 8. The boot truck arrived late, and seeing as we had a full class, it took most of the day getting all of that sorted. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, +Young+ said:

Yes, October 6th we apply online. We do not go to them to submit an application.

After you apply online, you will eventually receive an "admission notice" in the mail to take the exam, sometime in 2018.

After the exam, it's a waiting game until the list is released, in which you will eventually receive your score and list number.

After you receive your score and list number, it's another waiting game until you are invited by the MTA to their Human Resources Office to begin the pre-employment process!! We took exam 3600 (this one) in April of 2013, and, for me, I had to wait 4 & 1/2 years before getting called, with a score of 95% on the exam.

Good luck!! (sounds fun, right?)

And they still haven’t hired you as a track worker ?! My brothers friend just got hired like a month ago lol he posts pictures on snapchat of him in the tunnels and stuff 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2017 at 8:42 PM, Jordan11208 said:

And they still haven’t hired you as a track worker ?! My brothers friend just got hired like a month ago lol he posts pictures on snapchat of him in the tunnels and stuff 

Well, they go in order by list number, and my list number is in the 2800's. In addition, I was supposed to go to their facility on Friday, 9/22 for a drug test, however if you read this thread/topic from this post to this one, you'll understand why myself, and a lot of other people didn't successfully complete the first step, which is to take a drug (urine) test.

Edited by +Young+
Deleted page numbers due to upgrade of Forum Software (to prevent confusion...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So are we getting turned away this Friday as I'm understanding or not?

I went to DCAS and got my address updated.

They also told me about 2 different certification numbers that they see so I might get turned away and sent back to DCAS to put myself back on the list as they explained it. 

Wondering what's gonna happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, volchik696 said:

So are we getting turned away this Friday as I'm understanding or not?

I went to DCAS and got my address updated.

They also told me about 2 different certification numbers that they see so I might get turned away and sent back to DCAS to put myself back on the list as they explained it. 

Wondering what's gonna happen.

From what I read, and from the information that I gathered when I called the HR phone number (347-643-8229/30/31/32) and not Ms. Robinson, since I was unsuccessful, that is going to happen, and with that said, I'm personally not going down.

If you do go down, if you can keep us posted, it would be truly appreciated.

(FYI: My list number is in between 2800 and 2850.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I just spoke with someone at Livingston Street (347-643-8229/30/31/32). I mentioned that I'm on the list for Track Worker (list # is in between 2800 & 2850), and that this prior week one of his co-workers told me not to go down there today. He did confirm this, respectfully.

I also asked as far as what the next step is. He said to wait for another letter in the mail in a couple of weeks (I'll believe it when I see it). He also said that I do not have to go to DCAS to restore my name to the list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

List number 187X, went down the 8/28 for the pre employment process and piss test did anyone from the letters received in the month of August get any notices to return for the 2nd part of this process?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Batt5532 said:

List number 187X, went down the 8/28 for the pre employment process and piss test did anyone from the letters received in the month of August get any notices to return for the 2nd part of this process?

list number 18** went down for the drug test on 8/25 but no notice yet to return for the medical

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So first week of training completed. Went out into the subway today and walked from one station to another to perform our first clear up. Take your time, pay attention, listen to your instructors and it goes by without a hitch. Afterwards we recieved our Track safety certification. 

Monday we’ll walk the EL. Looking forward to it. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, G13 said:

So first week of training completed. Went out into the subway today and walked from one station to another to perform our first clear up. Take your time, pay attention, listen to your instructors and it goes by without a hitch. Afterwards we recieved our Track safety certification. 

Monday we’ll walk the EL. Looking forward to it. 

what was your list number? if you don't mind me asking
and thanks for the info!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.