Jump to content
Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
TheBigLD

Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process

+Young+

The list for the next open-competitive track worker examination, Exam #8600, has been published. Please click here for more information.

Thank you.

Message added by +Young+

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, nyi66 said:

what was your list number? if you don't mind me asking
and thanks for the info!

1430s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Batt5532 said:

List number 187X, went down the 8/28 for the pre employment process and piss test did anyone from the letters received in the month of August get any notices to return for the 2nd part of this process?

Nope still waiting

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey everybody!

 

Sorry I haven't posted since Friday it's been a crazy weekend.

But yea I went in on Friday for the track worker interview and was told by a very nice guy named Kevin that they stopped hiring this month for track workers. And that I don't need to get myself back on the list in DCAS, I just need to wait for another letter that's supposed to come through sometime between October 1st and Halloween. 

So will be waiting on that and giving you an update. Thanks and cheers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hoping to hear back and be eligible for this month's class. went in for the drug test Aug. 21st. list number 17**

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same here, list number 178X went aug 28th for drug test, hopefully were in a class soon enough, everyone keep the updates coming we gotta look out for one another

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Walked the elevated structure today. While I know fiberglass is strong, its a different story feeling it flex under your feet from that high up. Not something i'd run to do everyday, but it's not something I would mind. Also hooked up the bank of lights to the 3rd rail while wearing the protective hand gear. Overall another interesting day.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Aahhhwoooooo said:

Volchik696, is this the first letter you will be receiving for pre-employment process?

 

No, my first letter I got about 2 weeks ago that came to my parents address where I used to live. However that first letter stated "rescheduled" interview date. As +young+ explained few pages back in the forum it's due to miscommunication between DCAS and MTA regarding the hiring list numbers and what not. Bureaucracy.

So I'm now waiting for the second letter. Hope that helps.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It helps. Thanks Volchik. 

On another note, I just received a letter from DCAS saying that my name was "restored to its original standing on the list."  I'm a little confused about what it says at the bottom of the letter for my reason for being off the list. It reads as follows:

"You were previously offside for:

Failed to report for medical

These are now reversed."

I was on a medical hold after my first and only medical. I didn't fail to report for medical. I'm glad my name was restored but has anyone received a similar letter from DCAS after restoring your name at 1 Centre St.?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Aahhhwoooooo said:

On another note, I just received a letter from DCAS saying that my name was "restored to its original standing on the list."  I'm a little confused about what it says at the bottom of the letter for my reason for being off the list. It reads as follows:

"You were previously offside for:

Failed to report for medical

These are now reversed."

I was on a medical hold after my first and only medical. I didn't fail to report for medical. I'm glad my name was restored but has anyone received a similar letter from DCAS after restoring your name at 1 Centre St.?

It sounds a little unusual, but the good thing is that you are back on the list. Just keep in mind that the drug tests are good for 30 calendar days and the medical and pre-employment paperwork are good for 90 calendar days. Hopefully when they call you back, you'll just have to take another drug test and that will be it.

Edited by +Young+
Clarification...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/2/2017 at 4:44 PM, G13 said:

Walked the elevated structure today. While I know fiberglass is strong, its a different story feeling it flex under your feet from that high up. Not something i'd run to do everyday, but it's not something I would mind. Also hooked up the bank of lights to the 3rd rail while wearing the protective hand gear. Overall another interesting day.

I remember that walk I did last year march when I started. The first time is a doozy and feeling certain parts of the fiber walk dip really makes your heart skip a beat.

i got out of school and went days and been days for the past year working on the structure and trust me if you go days that fear goes completely away after maybe 2 months. Now I hardly flinch going out here in the Bronx ,especially in the high places like whitlock avenue etc.

Wait till you have to walk across the wood sliding instead of fiberwalk, that took a lot of work to get used to and I still feel queasy walking over that stuff.

 

Just take it slow and never rush to keep up, move at your own pace until you feel comfortable moving faster and ask questions if you feel uncertain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as hiring from what I heard from my main office, MTA will be under a hiring blitz trying to get in an additional 600-800 track workers if memory serves me right. This is due to the State of Emergency issued by the governor. A lot of new gangs including CAT teams (rapid response teams that a lot of senior guys will be bidding into creating more positions for more track workers) will be created and they are trying to fill all positions in terms of track workers for all current gangs

How many will be coming off the current 3600 list I am not certain however I know they are not done hiring.

I will ask tomorrow and try to get numbers of just how many classes they plan on bringing out of school for the remainder of the year.

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Marcel876 said:

I will ask tomorrow and try to get numbers of just how many classes they plan on bringing out of school for the remainder of the year.

On behalf of myself and everyone else, thank you!!

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Marcel876 said:

As far as hiring from what I heard from my main office, MTA will be under a hiring blitz trying to get in an additional 600-800 track workers if memory serves me right. This is due to the State of Emergency issued by the governor. A lot of new gangs including CAT teams (rapid response teams that a lot of senior guys will be bidding into creating more positions for more track workers) will be created and they are trying to fill all positions in terms of track workers for all current gangs

How many will be coming off the current 3600 list I am not certain however I know they are not done hiring.

I will ask tomorrow and try to get numbers of just how many classes they plan on bringing out of school for the remainder of the year.

 

Definitely appreciate this update. Thanks a ton!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so I just received a letter in the mail to come in to start the pre-employment process (again). I went in on aug.21st. the letter was delivered today but they wanted me to come in today. I guess because of the holiday it wasn't delivered promptly. should I just go in tmmrw morning ? or should I call to confirm ? help

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ebenz1 said:

so I just received a letter in the mail to come in to start the pre-employment process (again). I went in on aug.21st. the letter was delivered today but they wanted me to come in today. I guess because of the holiday it wasn't delivered promptly. should I just go in tmmrw morning ? or should I call to confirm ? help

I would call right now to make sure 

 347-643-8229 - 30/31/32, or give Ms. Robinson @ 347-643-8198 a call. 

If you don't get through to someone I would still go in tomorrow at 730a to be on the safe side 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, iwilson71792 said:

I would call right now to make sure 

 347-643-8229 - 30/31/32, or give Ms. Robinson @ 347-643-8198 a call. 

If you don't get through to someone I would still go in tomorrow at 730a to be on the safe side 

not getting through, I'm just going to show up there tmmrw morning

Edited by ebenz1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, scoop11211 said:

ebenz did you also received an email or just a letter 

I didn't get an email, have been checking every day since I went in in Aug 21st. no phone call either. I got home from work just as the mail was delivered and there's the letter to come in. smh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ebenz1 said:

not getting through, I'm just going to show up there tmmrw morning

Yea maybe there was a delay due to the holiday. Wish you luck and keep us posted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UPDATE : ms.robinson just sent me an email to come in on Thursday the 12th for the medical. should I disregard the letter I received today ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.