Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process

TheBigLD
Message added by +Young+

Last know called # (322x)

The list for the next open-competitive track worker examination, Exam #8600, has been published.

Please see the Track Worker Exam #8600 topic for more information.

My list number is in the 700's, I missed the first letter due to it being sent to an old address. I reinstated myself in September. I checked my P.O. Box twice a week. I just got the letter again. It was dated Oct 4th with the appointment on Oct 9th. I missed the appointment. Can I reinstate myself again? I hate that I ddin't have it sent to a relative's address so I could have known right away, two or three days notice is tough. 

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, bigadmin4ever said:

My list number is in the 700's, I missed the first letter due to it being sent to an old address. I reinstated myself in September. I checked....

If I was you, I would first call the HR Dept - 347-643-8229/30/31/32 or Ms. Robinson @ 347-643-8198 (Monday to Friday, 9 AM - 3:30 PM) and explain what happened. You only missed your appointment by about one week, so you might be lucky and not have to go through DCAS again.

If you are unsuccessful with them, you are allowed to restore your name to the list a maximum of three [3] times. If you restore your name to the list, I would first fill out this correction form, submit to NYC Transit, wait a couple of days, then restore your name to the list via DCAS, so NYC Transit has an accurate address of where to send the first letter to.

Good luck!!

I just spoke with Ms. robinson at 10am exactly. Been calling since 9am and finally got through.  Not the most polite person in my humble opinion. She claims to have sent me a letter to come in for drug testing Oct. 4th and I never received it. I'm calling it bs right off the bat. They labeled me a "no show." Tbh, more than one person isn't doing their job correctly down at Livingston. First I was told I would receive an e-mail by a lady on the phone with Ms. Robinson.....no e-mail after a week and a half of waiting. She told me to go down for a drug test tomorrow. 

Hope my experience can be of use to others still going through the process

I went in today and arrived a little late at 10am.  Tbh, I should have arrived in a little later since one of the staff members at the pre-employment counter ran into an error with opening an existing "screen" for me and completely forgot to call my name.  I visited the counter at 2pm and they told me "we're not up to your name yet." After 3pm the gentleman asked if anyone is here for "lab" and I started lab around 3:30 after they fixed the "screen" error. I finished my lab around 4:45pm and was told again to wait for the email for medical.  I got home around 5:20pm and guess what shows up in my mailbox?! 

The pre-employment letter that Ms. Robinson told me was sent out on Oct. 4th to show up on the 9th.  The postage stamp reads Oct. 5th so I can't debate the date it was stamped. plus I live in Brooklyn as well so I don't suppose the distance from the sender to recipient could be the cause of late mail.  

I do feel for the ppl working the counter at 180 livingston because they deal with many ppl everyday.  So make sure you go to that counter to ask questions like I did to avoid any complications. In my case, it didn't even matter, i was the last one waiting for lab. 

39 minutes ago, Aahhhwoooooo said:

I finished my lab around 4:45pm and was told again to wait for the email for medical....

From what I remember from reading these posts on this website, the medical exam is good for 90 calendar days, therefore hopefully they'll be able to cross-reference everything, and then send you off to final processing, followed by the training class.

Good luck!! Keep us posted!!

4 minutes ago, Aahhhwoooooo said:

Thanks Young. I definitely will keep posting updates when I can

Yea I think they’re overwhelmed over there. I had to go in person once or twice after my initial drug test to make sure everything was in order. Keep pushing guys, you’re close. 

13 minutes ago, Elias12a said:

I was invited on September  05, 2017 to begin pre-employment process  and I  took the drug testing the same day.  How long it is going for the final hiring process to start.  I need this job.

I went in for drug testing in aug.21, was called in for the medical and final processing on Oct.12 (little less than 2 months) hope this helps 

1 hour ago, Elias12a said:

I was invited on September  05, 2017 to begin pre-employment process  and I  took the drug testing the same day.  How long it is going for the final hiring process to start.  I need this job.

Lol don’t we all man. I’m waiting too, took mine Aug 29th .. What’s your list ##

1 hour ago, Elias12a said:

Waiting as well, also took mine aug 29th 

Just got off the phone with Mrs. Robinson inquiring about my status since I did the preemployment on aug 28 Said there at number 1760. I'm 195*. 190 more. Called about 2 weeks ago and she told me that they were at 1640 so it's moving.   Can't wait to get started. 

Edited by +Young+
Identity purposes...

4 hours ago, Erick76 said:

Just got off the phone with Mrs. Robinson inquiring about my status since I did the preemployment on aug 28 Said there at number 1760. I'm 195*. 190 more. Called about 2 weeks ago and she told me that they were at 1640 so it's moving.   Can't wait to get started. 

About a 100 every two weeks. Given I’m about 900 away I doubt I’m going to get called or if I do it will be in about 6 months lol

41 minutes ago, Queensqueens111 said:

About a 100 every two weeks. Given I’m about 900 away I doubt I’m going to get called or if I do it will be in about 6 months lol

I'm in the 2800's and all I have to say is think positive...keep in mind that, although there are about 900 people between what they're up to and your list number, not everyone is going to show up, not everyone is going to pass the drug test, not everyone is going to pass the medical exam, etc.

Thanks to Facebook, I know someone in the 1100's who was hired this past July, which means that they have went through about 650 people between then and now. Therefore, just be patient.

Also, as of this website, if you type "03600" in the search box on the top-right, and you put the list numbers in descending order, the list number of the last person certified is 4595. That should say something itself.

1 hour ago, +Young+ said:

Please don't forget to hide the last digit or two of your list numbers since we do have anonymous guests on the site...thank you...

Thank you. But that is not my exact number it's in that range but not it. 

Edited by Erick76