Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process

TheBigLD
Message added by +Young+

Last know called # (322x)

The list for the next open-competitive track worker examination, Exam #8600, has been published.

Please see the Track Worker Exam #8600 topic for more information.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, Xkramz said:

Apparently I got sent a letter 2 weeks ago to my old address and I have no idea what the letter says.im number 17XX and now I feel like I lost my opportunity:(

56 minutes ago, iwilson71792 said:

347-643-8198 Give Ms. Robinson a call ASAP 

I would call 347-643-8229/30/31/32 and try to speak to a representative compared to leaving a voice message. That's my advice...

well the letter was  dated oct 4th and i was summoned to go in oct 10th. i moved out 2 years ago and  i just found out my uncle and aunt was holding onto the mail since then and didnt let me know. im so livid right now... basically since i didnt make it to the oct 10th  pre employment appointment , it said im off the list on the bottom of the paper...welp :/

33 minutes ago, Xkramz said:

well the letter was  dated oct 4th and i was summoned to go in oct 10th. i moved out 2 years ago and  i just found out my uncle and aunt was holding onto the mail since then and didnt let me know. im so livid right now... basically since i didnt make it to the oct 10th  pre employment appointment , it said im off the list on the bottom of the paper...welp :/

Like I said, I would call them and see what they say. With the current "state of emergency" going on, you might be lucky.

If not, then I would restore yourself to the list the first chance you can. The easiest way to do this is to e-mail them. All of the information can be found here. Just keep in mind that you can restore your name to the list a maximum of three [3] times.

Good luck!!

Edited by +Young+

6 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

Like I said, I would call them and see what they say. With the current "state of emergency" going on, you might be lucky.

If not, then I would restore yourself to the list the first chance you can. The easiest way to do this is to e-mail them. All of the information can be found here. Just keep in mind that you can restore your name to the list a maximum of three [3] times.

Good luck!!

nice thanks for that link. ill call tomorrow  & if they cant accommodate, ill reinstate my name  how does that work? my name would be on the list but like in the end?  like a roll over?  and thanks for the good luck as well, this forum has been a big help 

1 hour ago, Xkramz said:

nice thanks for that link. ill call tomorrow  & if they cant accommodate, ill reinstate my name  how does that work? my name would be on the list but like in the end?  like a roll over?  and thanks for the good luck as well, this forum has been a big help 

Well, according to this post, once you send them the e-mail, your name will be restored within that week, just make sure to include all of the information that they want. Once that's done, then whenever NYC Transit's HR office calls down the next "batch" of people, you'll be among the "batch". What's good though is that your list number stays the same, and that's what they go by. Therefore, once the results from the drug test come back, they will probably call you first for medical & final processing, since your list number is 17xx compared to someone like me whose list number is in the 2800's. Now, if there are other people down there who also restored their name to the list and if their list number is in the 1600's or anything smaller, ultimately they will get first priority, respectively.

Good luck!!!

Edited by +Young+

16 hours ago, Xkramz said:

Were you able to get in touch with anyone today? Tried calling all those numbers and got nothing. I’ve gotten no mail since Thursday last week and now people past my list number are getting called in this week, bit ridiculous.

21 minutes ago, Queensqueens111 said:

Were you able to get in touch with anyone today? Tried calling all those numbers and got nothing. I’ve gotten no mail since Thursday last week and now people past my list number are getting called in this week, bit ridiculous.

I got in touch with ms Robinson number. I called every 30mnts at least twice on each phone number.  I got my appointment to go into drug testing  this Friday even tho I  didn't go in on the 10th of oct.  I'm glad it worked out on my part. 

ALSO  what does the medical exam consist of? And what's an automatic  failure??? 

2 hours ago, Queensqueens111 said:

I've been getting mail everyday and so far I have received nothing from 180 Livingston Street...when I do, I'll let you folks know...and my list number is in the 2800's...

1 hour ago, Xkramz said:

I got in touch with ms Robinson number. I called every 30mnts at least twice on each phone number.  I got my appointment to go into drug testing  this Friday even tho I  didn't go in on the 10th of oct.  I'm glad it worked out on my part.

ALSO  what does the medical exam consist of? And what's an automatic  failure??? 

Read this & this lengthy post. Should be self-explanatory. (In case the URL links break, refer to post #1241 on page 50 & post #1269 on page 51 of this thread.)

As far as an automatic failure, if they pick something up, they will put you on medical hold. As soon as you come back with documentation stating that you're condition is "under control," then you have passed.

Edited by +Young+
Addition...