Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process

TheBigLD
Message added by +Young+

Last know called # (322x)

The list for the next open-competitive track worker examination, Exam #8600, has been published.

Please see the Track Worker Exam #8600 topic for more information.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Harry unfeatured this topic

Hey everybody!

Sorry I haven't posted since Friday it's been a crazy weekend.

But yea I went in on Friday for the track worker interview and was told by a very nice guy named Kevin that they stopped hiring this month for track workers. And that I don't need to get myself back on the list in DCAS, I just need to wait for another letter that's supposed to come through sometime between October 1st and Halloween. 

So will be waiting on that and giving you an update. Thanks and cheers!

Walked the elevated structure today. While I know fiberglass is strong, its a different story feeling it flex under your feet from that high up. Not something i'd run to do everyday, but it's not something I would mind. Also hooked up the bank of lights to the 3rd rail while wearing the protective hand gear. Overall another interesting day.

4 hours ago, Aahhhwoooooo said:

Volchik696, is this the first letter you will be receiving for pre-employment process?

No, my first letter I got about 2 weeks ago that came to my parents address where I used to live. However that first letter stated "rescheduled" interview date. As +young+ explained few pages back in the forum it's due to miscommunication between DCAS and MTA regarding the hiring list numbers and what not. Bureaucracy.

So I'm now waiting for the second letter. Hope that helps.

It helps. Thanks Volchik. 

On another note, I just received a letter from DCAS saying that my name was "restored to its original standing on the list."  I'm a little confused about what it says at the bottom of the letter for my reason for being off the list. It reads as follows:

"You were previously offside for:

Failed to report for medical

These are now reversed."

I was on a medical hold after my first and only medical. I didn't fail to report for medical. I'm glad my name was restored but has anyone received a similar letter from DCAS after restoring your name at 1 Centre St.?

57 minutes ago, Aahhhwoooooo said:

On another note, I just received a letter from DCAS saying that my name was "restored to its original standing on the list."  I'm a little confused about what it says at the bottom of the letter for my reason for being off the list. It reads as follows:

"You were previously offside for:

Failed to report for medical

These are now reversed."

I was on a medical hold after my first and only medical. I didn't fail to report for medical. I'm glad my name was restored but has anyone received a similar letter from DCAS after restoring your name at 1 Centre St.?

It sounds a little unusual, but the good thing is that you are back on the list. Just keep in mind that the drug tests are good for 30 calendar days and the medical and pre-employment paperwork are good for 90 calendar days. Hopefully when they call you back, you'll just have to take another drug test and that will be it.

Edited by +Young+
Clarification...

On 10/2/2017 at 4:44 PM, G13 said:

Walked the elevated structure today. While I know fiberglass is strong, its a different story feeling it flex under your feet from that high up. Not something i'd run to do everyday, but it's not something I would mind. Also hooked up the bank of lights to the 3rd rail while wearing the protective hand gear. Overall another interesting day.

I remember that walk I did last year march when I started. The first time is a doozy and feeling certain parts of the fiber walk dip really makes your heart skip a beat.

i got out of school and went days and been days for the past year working on the structure and trust me if you go days that fear goes completely away after maybe 2 months. Now I hardly flinch going out here in the Bronx ,especially in the high places like whitlock avenue etc.

Wait till you have to walk across the wood sliding instead of fiberwalk, that took a lot of work to get used to and I still feel queasy walking over that stuff.

Just take it slow and never rush to keep up, move at your own pace until you feel comfortable moving faster and ask questions if you feel uncertain

As far as hiring from what I heard from my main office, MTA will be under a hiring blitz trying to get in an additional 600-800 track workers if memory serves me right. This is due to the State of Emergency issued by the governor. A lot of new gangs including CAT teams (rapid response teams that a lot of senior guys will be bidding into creating more positions for more track workers) will be created and they are trying to fill all positions in terms of track workers for all current gangs

How many will be coming off the current 3600 list I am not certain however I know they are not done hiring.

I will ask tomorrow and try to get numbers of just how many classes they plan on bringing out of school for the remainder of the year.

3 hours ago, Marcel876 said:

As far as hiring from what I heard from my main office, MTA will be under a hiring blitz trying to get in an additional 600-800 track workers if memory serves me right. This is due to the State of Emergency issued by the governor. A lot of new gangs including CAT teams (rapid response teams that a lot of senior guys will be bidding into creating more positions for more track workers) will be created and they are trying to fill all positions in terms of track workers for all current gangs

How many will be coming off the current 3600 list I am not certain however I know they are not done hiring.

I will ask tomorrow and try to get numbers of just how many classes they plan on bringing out of school for the remainder of the year.

Definitely appreciate this update. Thanks a ton!!!!

so I just received a letter in the mail to come in to start the pre-employment process (again). I went in on aug.21st. the letter was delivered today but they wanted me to come in today. I guess because of the holiday it wasn't delivered promptly. should I just go in tmmrw morning ? or should I call to confirm ? help

1 hour ago, ebenz1 said:

so I just received a letter in the mail to come in to start the pre-employment process (again). I went in on aug.21st. the letter was delivered today but they wanted me to come in today. I guess because of the holiday it wasn't delivered promptly. should I just go in tmmrw morning ? or should I call to confirm ? help

I would call right now to make sure 

347-643-8229 - 30/31/32, or give Ms. Robinson @ 347-643-8198 a call. 

If you don't get through to someone I would still go in tomorrow at 730a to be on the safe side 

29 minutes ago, iwilson71792 said:

I would call right now to make sure 

347-643-8229 - 30/31/32, or give Ms. Robinson @ 347-643-8198 a call. 

If you don't get through to someone I would still go in tomorrow at 730a to be on the safe side 

not getting through, I'm just going to show up there tmmrw morning

Edited by ebenz1

16 minutes ago, scoop11211 said:

ebenz did you also received an email or just a letter 

I didn't get an email, have been checking every day since I went in in Aug 21st. no phone call either. I got home from work just as the mail was delivered and there's the letter to come in. smh