Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process

TheBigLD
Message added by +Young+

Last know called # (322x)

The list for the next open-competitive track worker examination, Exam #8600, has been published.

Please see the Track Worker Exam #8600 topic for more information.

15 minutes ago, ebenz1 said:

UPDATE : ms.robinson just sent me an email to come in on Thursday the 12th for the medical. should I disregard the letter I received today ? 

Would definitely go by the instructions of the most recent message. So go Thursday. 

And to all those waiting to get in, as many have stated in this topic, attendance is not a joke when it comes to the MTA. I’ve seen how serious this agency is in regards to your being at work. If you feel you might be late, call RCC. Absent, get a doctors note and make sure you call RCC a hour before your shift. They do not play. 

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, ebenz1 said:

UPDATE : ms.robinson just sent me an email to come in on Thursday the 12th for the medical. should I disregard the letter I received today ? 

If I was you, look at your situation. If you're able to take off from your job for 2 consecutive days, then yes. If not, then I would report Thursday and call tomorrow to verify.

3 minutes ago, G13 said:

If you feel you might be late, call RCC. Absent, get a doctors note and make sure you call RCC a hour before your shift. They do not play. 

RCC stands for Rail Control Center? Interesting...

Edited by +Young+

48 minutes ago, scoop11211 said:

Rad0326 whats you list number range

1600’s and just like ebenz1 I received a letter today to start my preemployment process, but I was there on aug 21st as well.  I think it’s just a mistake.

So talked to couple level 2's today and what they are hearing is that track classes going forward will be about 50 - 60 students per class for at least till mid 2018. Again this is to fill the quota of hiring a ton of workers for the work ahead. 

The current two classes in track school ( could be the current one in and the upcoming one) will probably be going to cleaning gangs and the ones after that will most likely going to track gangs.

Couldn't give definitive answers on how many classes they are expecting for remainder of year.

So basically hiring is not done and they will be taking a lot more individuals from this list before they even start to look at the 8600 test. 

Best of luck.

4 minutes ago, Marcel876 said:

So talked to couple level 2's today and what they are hearing is that track classes going forward will be about 50 - 60 students per class for at least till mid 2018. Again this is to fill the quota of hiring a ton of workers for the work ahead. 

The current two classes in track school ( could be the current one in and the upcoming one) will probably be going to cleaning gangs and the ones after that will most likely going to track gangs.

Couldn't give definitive answers on how many classes they are expecting for remainder of year.

So basically hiring is not done and they will be taking a lot more individuals from this list before they even start to look at the 8600 test. 

Best of luck.

Thank you for the invaluable update!!

4 hours ago, ebenz1 said:

I personally feel that if the letter is asking you to come in after the 12th then follow the email ms robinson sent and go on Thursday. Just bring the letter just in case so you ask futher questions about it. 

1 hour ago, Marcel876 said:

Best of luck.

Spoke with a few trackworkers over the weekend and was advise to stay away from cleaning gang if possible 

1 hour ago, DrewMania said:

I personally feel that if the letter is asking you to come in after the 12th then follow the email ms robinson sent and go on Thursday. Just bring the letter just in case so you ask futher questions about it. 

the letter was to report to 180 Livingston yesterday but the letter was delivered the same day in the afternoon lol 

I see is the same dilemma with this mta lower 1900s and havent received no letter no email and especially no call i would to start calling again..   hey guys so ms robinson is taking charge now cuz when I previously called i spoke to charlie moran 

1 hour ago, scoop11211 said:

Hey guys got in touch with ms robinson and she told me that the last appointed was in the 1600s  i dont know whats going on 

If I had to take an educated guess as far as what is going on:

The HR Dept of NYC Transit got the list back from DCAS (finally). As a result, they are continuing to call the candidates in list order number for medical and final processing. For those of you who have been to 180 Livingston Street before, you know that MAC (Medical Assessment Center) can only process so many people per day regardless of their position (Bus Operator, Conductor, Train Operator, Track Worker, Train Service Supervisor, etc.)  Therefore, from reading the last two pages of this thread, it seems that they are calling back those who are in the 1600's and 1700's for medical and possibly final processing, providing they successfully pass the medical examination.

Now I have a friend from high school (over 10 years ago) whose list number is in the high 1800's (between 1850 & 1899) who took a drug test in late August and he still hasn't heard back from them. He said he would let me know when he hears back from them.

Therefore, if I was you, with a list number in the lower 1900's, be patient. You need to realize that, according to post #2331, the classes only hold 50 to 60 people max. In addition, if they are able to successfully fill the November 6th & 20th classes, then they are going to wait on calling you back down for medical and final processing. Finally, there might be some people with an even lower list number who are either restoring their name to the list or getting off of medical hold. They will get first priority since they go by list number.

(As far as I'm concerned - I'm in the low 2800's and I'm still waiting for a third letter for the first drug test.)

Edited by +Young+

2 hours ago, scoop11211 said:

Hey guys got in touch with ms robinson and she told me that the last appointed was in the 1600s  i dont know whats going on 

Just got off the phone also with her .. She did mention that and to disregard that pre employment letter if you already came in for drug testing the first time. Just wait for an email and keep checking your spam folder because thats where it usually ends up ..

Like scoop said she's only in the 1600s

3 hours ago, +Young+ said:

Now I have a friend from high school (over 10 years ago) whose list number is in the high 1800's (between 1850 & 1899) who took a drug test in late August and he still hasn't heard back from them.

Hey everybody, that friend is me. I just received the same letter to go take the same drug test that I did those weeks ago. I called (and sat on hold for three hours) but I just got that Robinson email saying not to come in and that I should expect a proper invite back in a few weeks.

MTA sent an email blast to everyone who recently went in for the first part of pre employment stating to disregard the duplicate pre employment you all (including myself) received in the mail. Wait for an email for the 2nd steps which is medical and processing in the next few weeks..... So I think it’s no need to keep calling Ms. Robinson (a very nice spoken lady btw) 

FINGERS CROSSED PEOPLE, WE’RE ALMOST THERE