McDonald's and Fast Food News Thread

Shortline Bus

mcdonalds9n-1-web.jpg

"It’s never too early -- or too late -- for breakfast. At least that's what McDonald’s is banking on.

The fast food chain plans to begin offering breakfast items like the Egg McMuffin and hotcakes starting at midnight, keeping the menu available for a 10 hour stretch at its 24 hour locations.Fast food chain banking on midnight breakfast cravings for Egg McMuffins and hotcakes to bring in big business.

McDonald’s executives are hoping the move will boost sales during the relatively slow hours of 2 a.m. to 5 a.m.

Early morning hours are the "last unconquered frontier" for quick-service restaurants, accounting for “less than 1 percent of total QSR customer traffic,” according to data cited by Burger Business.

McDonald’s will test its Breakfast After Midnight campaign in Ohio to gauge the “Nocturnivore” response, Business Insider reported."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/mcdonald-start-offering-breakfast-midnight-article-1.1131813#ixzz230d6XJf2

Breakfast is my favorite meal. Oddly enough I RARELY eat it during the morning... I skip breakfast during the week and just have lunch and dinner (which may consist of having "breakfast" at some point), so I think it's a good idea. There is never a bad time to have breakfast. On weekends for example, I love to get up on a Saturday, jump on the express bus and head to the city to one of my Belgian spots, order some good Belgian beers with a nice mushroom and cheese omelette w/pomme frites at say 15:00 and start my day like that.

I'd wish they start serving fries at 9 or 10 instead of 11 LOL.... As I said before, I only like the fries, soda, and ice cream from them....

There always hash brown NYC lol! Personally i like their hash browns which is also potatoes. Only negative about hash browns is like their fries it's very salty.

There always hash brown NYC lol! Personally i like their hash browns which is also potatoes. Only negative about hash browns is like their fries it's very salty.

I've actually tried their hash browns... In my opinion, it doesn't taste the same as their fries... (Which taste much better)

From personal experiences, after a night of drinking/partying. I rather have burgers then breakfast around 2am-4am, in a city point of view though.

In college my friends and I would try to go to diners at the end of a long night, that's if we had money and weren't preoccupied with anything else at the end of the night.

The general idea makes sense, but I think midnight is too early (subsequently, I think the current time of 5am is not early enough)...

I could see if they decided to bump the breakfast starting time to around 3am though..... 2am at the most...

They could just serve both lunch/dinner and breakfast between Midnight-4am. Or for 24/7 places like Denny's they serve breakfast all timeslunch/dinner food between 6am-Midnight.

Breakfast is my favorite meal. Oddly enough I RARELY eat it during the morning... I skip breakfast during the week and just have lunch and dinner (which may consist of having "breakfast" at some point), so I think it's a good idea. There is never a bad time to have breakfast. On weekends for example, I love to get up on a Saturday, jump on the express bus and head to the city to one of my Belgian spots, order some good Belgian beers with a nice mushroom and cheese omelette w/pomme frites at say 15:00 and start my day like that.

Wow Belgian beer. I really need to go out and experiment with cuisine more lol

Yeh, that's true.....

I've never worked in a fast food spot.... I never understood why the McD's, BK's, etc. of the world don't implement what you just suggested.....

Probably an efficiency in the kitchen thing. Having too many menu items on an assembly line could really slow things down. It also may not be cost-effective to have places stock up on so much variety when few people will actually buy breakfast during the day anyway.

Wait so they stop serving dinner after midnight?

Well myself, I'm not a fan of McDonald's - I'm afraid of eating there since that's a easy way to get food poisoning. Seeing what goes on behind the counter the conditions are not exactly clean and the staff there many times don't handle the food properly. Some of the people working there don't even wear clean uniforms. I'll stick with the local 24 hour deli"s if I have to work late at night doing PC maintenance.

But otherwise for people who like going there I think it's a good idea if they still offer a dinner menu too. (If that's the case) If not, then the pilot won't work.

Yeh, that's true.....

I've never worked in a fast food spot.... I never understood why the McD's, BK's, etc. of the world don't implement what you just suggested.....

LOL... It comes down to customers having too many choices... I know most of the stuff is pre-made, but the more choices folks have the more indecisive they tend to be and too many choices is a no-no in the restaurant industry. Furthermore more choices means more things that have to be stocked, so you can't just make a ton of fries in advance for example. Now you've got hashbrowns, fries and whatever else folks normally would eat when those menus are offered and it takes a group of very competent folks to turn out everything, something that you usually don't find in fast food places. :lol:

Wow Belgian beer. I really need to go out and experiment with cuisine more lol

The best in the world my friend... The funny thing is that I didn't really drink much until I moved to Europe... I got an appreciation for good wine having visited vineyards and such, as well as beer, and other alcohol because it isn't abused as much there as it is here. Drinking (i.e. wine, beer) can be quite healthy in moderation.

Archived