Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Justice09

Any Advice On Road Test???

Wrong section. This should be in Transit Career Section.

Call out all height and weight restrictions. If they ask u to back up remember to first secure ur bus and exit it walk to the rear to make sure there r no obstructions or pedestrians behind u. Its been 14 years since i took it so dont really remember to much bout it.just rely on what u have been taught and u should do fine.Have confidence in ur self! Don't b nervous! Good luck!

Remember before you backup that bus. Shut the bus down take the key out and go to the rear of the bus and check to make sure it's safe. You will have to do this twice one for the 50ft back up and the parking. When your backing up used your horn and mirrors if you see cars coming just stop what your doing. When it's safe to do so move the bus. You will need to know the brake tests,pre trip inspection.

good luck

Remember before you backup that bus. Shut the bus down take the key out and go to the rear of the bus and check to make sure it's safe.

There's no requirement to shut down the bus just to check out the rear for safety.

As long as your bus is properly secured before leaving the driver's seat, that's good enough.

There's no requirement to shut down the bus just to check out the rear for safety.

As long as your bus is properly secured before leaving the driver's seat, that's good enough.

There are a lot of things that you have to do on a regular CDL road test that they didn't make us do because we work for the MTA. If you take your CDL road test with an outside school, I believe you do have to shut the bus off and take the key with you when you check the back.

Yup if he is doing it on his own without MTA he has to take the key out. Now if he is doing it with MTA then there is no key just a master switch on the RTS.

yea you don't shut the bus off when doing it with MTA . Sorry I forgot about that. Most of stuff you don't do. Now if took it on your own you need to do everything. Thanks for your help gotyouopen

When I took my Road test I was 7th of 8 of us and they said she was a religous person

so when it was my turn I did a Tebow in front of the bus and she asked if I was ok

I said I was saying a prayer thanking god for giving me the opprtunity to take this test

I passed and only 10 pts taken off poor judgement entering highway

• Upvote 2

Road test is coming up! Any more suggestions guys??

Road test is coming up! Any more suggestions guys??

Stay confined to your lane; do not use the 4 ft. technique MTA teaches you DURING THE ROAD TEST.

When I took my Road test I was 7th of 8 of us and they said she was a religous person

so when it was my turn I did a Tebow in front of the bus and she asked if I was ok

I said I was saying a prayer thanking god for giving me the opprtunity to take this test

Wait I'm sorry if this is off topic but, you actually did a tebow on your road test?

I had that same lady!!!! 10 pts taken off as well for "poor judgement"