Stupid DOT Traffic Cone

azspeedbullet

I feel like submitting a dozen complaints to various agency's, most likely the DOT and MTA

I was at Myrtle Ave and Wooodhaven Blvd at approx 9:30pm when i noticed the DOT was blocking the intersection with traffic cones due to repave. Because of them blocking the intersection, the Q55 was running on a new detour that no one seems to know about. There was no signs posted on where to get on the Q55 to Ridgewood, asking multiple MTA driver proved the same "i dont know" result since the detour was new to them and that the Q55 is a different depot then the Q11. DOT crews were also unsure of where the temporary bus stop is.Whats odd is that the MTA site says the only the buses on Woodhaven Blvd buses is being affected by the DOT paving but no mention about the Q55. (i have a screenshot of this! )Here is some bad pictures from my old cell phone:

dqszs8.jpg

Cones in the intersection, no one can travel straight on Mrytle Ave, everyone is forced to turn.

t8nlgo.jpg

Q55 being forced to turn onto the Woodhaven Blvd due to the cones being the way, this driver screamed at a nearby DOT crew asking whats going (unable to hear his reply).

Me and a group of 15-20 other people where stuck/stranded trying to find a Q55 bus back to Ridgewood which were all unable to find after waiting 30+ minutes . Some took alternatives buses

Is this normal for the DOT to do work and not notify the MTA that certain buses will be running on re-routes and that the MTA/DOT should post signs at bus stops informing passengers?

This is what i see on the t/a site:

Delays Posted: 08/10/2012 12:10AM

Q11, Q21, Q52 and BM5 southbound bus delays due to D.O.T. paving on Woodhaven Blvd, moderate to heavy delays can be expected for all lines due to traffic congestion.

But Idk why the MTA isn't mentioning the exact or nearby location this is being done on Woodhaven Blvd on its website.

I believe the MTA DOB is responsible for putting up notices. And yes I think NYCDOT is suppose to inform the MTA about this. UNLESS the MTA constantly checks this page NYCDOTs website:

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dot/html/motorist/trafadvisories.shtml

(Edit: did some searching and found this:) Notice this Doc about the road pavement:

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dot/downloads/pdf/qnresurf.pdf

This is definitely one area that needs better inter-agency communication. I've seen DOT and ConEd projects where one day there will be no notice whatsoever of a street/bus stop being closed down, then the next day there will be a sign saying the stop is temporarily moved, and the next day there is no notice whatsoever once again. I don't know which agency drops the ball on these construction projects, but it is really annoying.

Same thing with some of the parades on sixth avenue leading to detours for the exp buses--sometimes, there will be signs and a dispatcher re-directing everyone, and sometimes there are no signs and even the B/O's have no idea what is going on or where they are supposed to stop.

I know how you feel.

During NYC Marathon last year, MTA DOB failed to put service notice regardding bus detour.

Little off-topic slightly, it's not just only MTA. Veolia also failed to post some detours for NICE (Nassau Buses).

According Veolia officials, their detours come from the villages and towns. They inform Veolia NICE advance or last minute to inform what NICE routes affected.

Also, when Fear Factor was using old RIOC Tram, RIOC also had failed to mention tram service was replaced by free shuttle bus.

When MegaBus first moved from Penn Station to 9th Av between 33rd & 31st Sts, MegaBus Officials failed to put notice for MegaBus passengers at old MegaBus/M10 bus at 31st St/8th Av.

I think both NYCDOT, MTA DOT, NYSDOT, RIOC, USDOT, NJ Transit, NY Waterway, PANY&NJ, Veolia Transportation and Westchester County DOT needs to work together to put notice together.

I feel like submitting a dozen complaints to various agency's, most likely the DOT and MTA

I was at Myrtle Ave and Wooodhaven Blvd at approx 9:30pm when i noticed the DOT was blocking the intersection with traffic cones due to repave. Because of them blocking the intersection, the Q55 was running on a new detour that no one seems to know about. There was no signs posted on where to get on the Q55 to Ridgewood, asking multiple MTA driver proved the same "i dont know" result since the detour was new to them and that the Q55 is a different depot then the Q11. DOT crews were also unsure of where the temporary bus stop is.Whats odd is that the MTA site says the only the buses on Woodhaven Blvd buses is being affected by the DOT paving but no mention about the Q55. (i have a screenshot of this! )Here is some bad pictures from my old cell phone:

dqszs8.jpg

Cones in the intersection, no one can travel straight on Mrytle Ave, everyone is forced to turn.

t8nlgo.jpg

Q55 being forced to turn onto the Woodhaven Blvd due to the cones being the way, this driver screamed at a nearby DOT crew asking whats going (unable to hear his reply).

Me and a group of 15-20 other people where stuck/stranded trying to find a Q55 bus back to Ridgewood which were all unable to find after waiting 30+ minutes . Some took alternatives buses

Is this normal for the DOT to do work and not notify the MTA that certain buses will be running on re-routes and that the MTA/DOT should post signs at bus stops informing passengers?

Also, even NYPD aren't inform where buses stopped during street fair or parade.

Sometimes lots of folks ask police officer where detour buses stop, but they have nowhere.

Even tourists sometimes ask where their sightseeing tour bus stops.

Slightly little off-topic, one time when I was under Rockaway Blvd Station, DOT crew put STOP Sign Construction Corn was southbound service RD side at Jamaica Av while I was helping with Q11/Q21/Q52/Q53 as he went to restroom.

After he came back, female driver went around the barrier as DOT crew came out into paved area, and he said, "What's wrong with you? What does sign says?"

Only Cross Bay Blvd buses were only allowed to go through service road at that time.

Archived