Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Amtrak7

Annunciators for sale

What was the original point of those anyway? For passengers to see what kind of MetroCard other people were using?

I wrote to them some time ago about trying to buy 1 of these, and now they put it up for sale.

Well, its $75 plus the $50 processing fee now. Seems a little expensive.

Well, its $75 plus the $50 processing fee now. Seems a little expensive.

If you buy some other stuff you only pay one processing fee, and if you buy more than $300's worth of stuff you pay no fee.

you guys know why they took them down in the first place. A customer was hit in the head not to long ago due to one falling. The MTA has since pulled them on all buses. They are now taking them and selling them. essentially your buying there liability.

• Upvote 6

you guys know why they took them down in the first place. A customer was hit in the head not to long ago due to one falling. The MTA has since pulled them on all buses. They are now taking them and selling them. essentially your buying there liability.

HAHA I was wondering why they suddenly all disappeared recently

Some of the older MCIs still have them. But why were they never installed on buses delivered in 2006 and later (starting with the delivery of 6690)?

What was the original point of those anyway? For passengers to see what kind of MetroCard other people were using?

That's what I did when I was bored. I want one.

• Upvote 1

Some of the older MCIs still have them. But why were they never installed on buses delivered in 2006 and later (starting with the delivery of 6690)?

I guess cuz they realized how worthless they really are