"Special Routes" of Command Bus

GojiMet86

While looking at the QM22 schedule, I found the old Triboro Coach Corp., Green Bus Lines, Jamaica Bus Inc., and Command Bus Co. website:

http://web.archive.o.../menu/menu.html

It looks like they shared some of the same webpages.

At the bottom of the page, after the express bus section, there is a section called "Special Routes". The following "Special Routes" were operated by Command Bus Co.:

(Unfortunately, these specific links below don't work anymore. Only the local and express bus sections work.)

SPECIAL ROUTES

BMJ1 SHEEPSHEAD BAY - MEADOWLANDS

BMJ2 STARRETT CITY - MEADOWLANDS

BQ5 BAY RIDGE - AQUEDUCT/BELMONT

BQ10 FLATBUSH - AQUEDUCT/BELMONT

BQ11 CONEY ISLAND- AQUEDUCT/BELMONT

BQ11 KINGS HWY - AQUEDUCT/BELMONT

BQ12 FLATBUSH - SHEA STADIUM

BW4 BAY RIDGE - YONKERS

Does anyone have any more information on what routes these buses took, what buses they used, maps of the lines, photos, videos, etc.?

Those routes were all shown on the 1996 Express Bus Map (in yellowish orange, while regular Command Routes were a lime green).

When I first got it; I said "what are all these routes criss-crossing Brooklyn, and one even from Brooklyn to Westchester?"

Does anyone have any more information on what routes these buses took, what buses they used, maps of the lines, photos, videos, etc.?

The "Racetrack Specials" were shown on the 1995 NYCDOT Express Bus Map. I remember wondering at the time why the BQ11 had two Brooklyn branches - couldn't one of them have been called BQ9?

Yeah, unfortunately, the special route links don't work. If you check the website, you can only check the schedules and maps of the local and express buses, but not the special ones. The waybackmachine doesn't have a record of the special routes before 2011, and by 2011 I'm pretty sure the pages didn't exist.

SPECIAL ROUTES

BMJ1 SHEEPSHEAD BAY - MEADOWLANDS

BMJ2 STARRETT CITY - MEADOWLANDS

BQ5 BAY RIDGE - AQUEDUCT/BELMONT

BQ10 FLATBUSH - AQUEDUCT/BELMONT

BQ11 CONEY ISLAND- AQUEDUCT/BELMONT

BQ11 KINGS HWY - AQUEDUCT/BELMONT

BQ12 FLATBUSH - SHEA STADIUM

BW4 BAY RIDGE - YONKERS

I remember the BQ11: Kings Hwy- Aqueduct. That operated during race days. It followed the B100 routing up to Ralph, than Flatlands, Fountain, Linden than racetrack.

I could only wish the MTA could bring back a special express bus route going to the racetrack for those who don't have real access to the (A) train.

Archived