September 1, 2012 Schedule Changes

Majestic412

Well, if that's the case, the 128 will be operated by Meadowlands, Howell on the rush hour, and Fairview during the midnight - 6am hours as they used to be years ago.

Those stares are doom...one bad step, BYE BYE.

Nope. You forget that the 165, 166, and 168 services areas that passengers that get on Blvd East and the 1/9 stretch need to go to, especially in the morning. I would of thought that NJT might have some 165, 166, and 168 start at Nunguessers since a great bulk of the passengers get on and get off at that stop, since it is easier for passengers to connect to Bergenline/Park/Kennedy with the 22/84/88/89/154/156/159/181/751, If more buses were T and X and bypass Blvd East, there would me a major shit storm with many passengers needing a way to get there. No way a Jitney will do it because half the towns that the 165/166/168 services at don't even want the Jitneys in their town.

Bingo. More 128 trips will be a blessing, though if I know Oradell like I used to know, the minute they see a 128, they will bypass Blvd East as if they do not have any room for them, and go to NY, changing their signs to STANDING ROOM ONLY. There was a time years ago when NJT did have a destination sign that read, SORRY BUS FULL. NJT took it out since B/O's were abusing it since there was clearly room on that bus to have more passengers come in and be serviced. Either that or change the sign to either SPECIAL, SHUTTLE, STUDENT DRIVER NO PASSENGERS (Happened to me), or NOT IN SERVICE NO PASSENGERS (that also happened to me, which I called Control, told them what they did, and got their ass written up since that other bus saw a 45 and wanted to have a easier route. Sorry Charlie. Don't play that shit with me. Pick up people. I'm not the only B/O out there.)

I said 168 alone. ppl can use 166/65 to connect to 168 or extend some 128 buses to little ferry

The only thing I can guess is the added trips on the 123, with 10 added trips on Saturday, and 14 on Sunday. They wanted to use a gate where the flow of people can continue, especially since that line can carry. I'll willing to bet that sooner or later, the 123 will be a MCI line when they need those people out, especially a 45 footer. But, that's a guess. That's the only thing I can guess. This is not saying that the 151T/161 doesn't carry, since the times I've been on that line, it carries.

As for 128 running during the non-rush hours, you mean trips to NY or trips to North Bergen? Trips on the 128 usually run starting at 3:55 out of PABT to NB, but deadhead back to PABT.

Rts 123 & 125 are moving to Platform 214. Rt 321 is moving to Platform 203.

http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/upcoming/T0123.pdf

http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/upcoming/T0125.pdf

http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/upcoming/T0321.pdf

@ least heading into New York, but that is to address bad overcrowding conditions on the 165, 166 & 168 to New York and there will be in all likelihood D4500s for the extra 13 or 14 128 trips to New York via Boulevard East.

Look for Fairview Buses (Neoplans & NABIs) to run on Rt 128 line betwwen 10:30AM - 3:00PM inbound to NY!!!

I said 168 alone. ppl can use 166/65 to connect to 168 or extend some 128 buses to little ferry

To Little Ferry? Dude, the 128 is a Blvd East EXCLUSIVE line. That line was created back in 1992 to take care of the overflow that the 165, 166, and 168 was experienced with more and more people living in Blvd. East. If the 128 never existed, OMG the amount of people would be cramped on those buses. No way NJT would allow that line to go any further than Blvd East and back again. Even at 2pm, from Nunguessers to NY, if there was a 128 going to NYC, that bus would carry at least 30-40 people. That line can not go any further than that. And, why connect to another bus? I don't get the logic to that. It's like cutting the 62 at Elizabeth so people can take the 48. I can not understand that where the 62 can continue to the final destination spot as normal for some trips while more bus service to NWK Liberty Int'l.

Goodbye Gate 303!

I now have to take an x22/x23/x24 15 minutes earlier so I can make the long journey up to the fourth floor ... :unsure:

And different drivers! The afternoon bus operators on one of the runs I always take are the absolute best!! Morning driver is great too 7:00 & 7:20 (before 7/23 changes)...Always on time!

"To Little Ferry? Dude, the 128 is a Blvd East EXCLUSIVE line. That line was created back in 1992 to take care of the overflow that the 165, 166, and 168 was experienced with more and more people living in Blvd. East. If the 128 never existed, OMG the amount of people would be cramped on those buses. No way NJT would allow that line to go any further than Blvd East and back again. Even at 2pm, from Nunguessers to NY, if there was a 128 going to NYC, that bus would carry at least 30-40 people."

Even though 166 is in front of my house, blvd east is the reason why I avoid taking 166 during afternoon hours...

I want someone to go to Atlantic City, Wildwood, or Cape May and take pictures of the 319 on a special schedule Labor Day.... I would, but I'm not in Margate this weekend for the shore

Next summer, there should be a bus fan trip to Wildwood and/or Cape May to check out the 313, 315, 316, 319, 510, 552 buses. In case you haven't noticed, and 553 Bridgeton can verify this, that Wildwood Bus Terminal and Rio Grande area can be very crowded during the summer season.

"To Little Ferry? Dude, the 128 is a Blvd East EXCLUSIVE line. That line was created back in 1992 to take care of the overflow that the 165, 166, and 168 was experienced with more and more people living in Blvd. East. If the 128 never existed, OMG the amount of people would be cramped on those buses. No way NJT would allow that line to go any further than Blvd East and back again. Even at 2pm, from Nunguessers to NY, if there was a 128 going to NYC, that bus would carry at least 30-40 people."

Even though 166 is in front of my house, blvd east is the reason why I avoid taking 166 during afternoon hours...

I proposed extending 128 to little ferry so more 166 & all 168 trips can go T without reducing access to blvd E. Meaning more 128= Less need for 168 local due to reduce duplication more 166 trips will go the T. Or my favorite PM reverse to sec jct to avoid clusterf**k

I proposed extending 128 to little ferry so more 166 & all 168 trips can go T without reducing access to blvd E. Meaning more 128= Less need for 168 local due to reduce duplication more 166 trips will go the T. Or my favorite PM reverse to sec jct to avoid clusterf**k

Believe it or not, people depend on the local 168 to get people to work in Paramus and other places, as well as a bus that can get people to Teaneck as a back up instead of waiting for the 167 in Union City. There is no more need for 166T trips since if you increase the amount of T trips, there will be more overcrowding on that line, which without BLVD EAST is a clusterfluck already with people trying to get on FROM Blvd East, as well as chaos of needing buses on BLVD EAST to NY. Leave it the way it is.

Believe it or not, people depend on the local 168 to get people to work in Paramus and other places, as well as a bus that can get people to Teaneck as a back up instead of waiting for the 167 in Union City. There is no more need for 166T trips since if you increase the amount of T trips, there will be more overcrowding on that line, which without BLVD EAST is a clusterfluck already with people trying to get on FROM Blvd East, as well as chaos of needing buses on BLVD EAST to NY. Leave it the way it is.

Interesting but 168 has zero peak direction blvd E service. PM me I can reveal something else thanks

By making the 128 full time it would help out blvd east but in theory you could have more T trips BUT the point of making the 128 full time is to help out. Not help out then take away and add more T trips. If you did that it would have all been for nothing.

Exactly. If the 128 is operating full time, I would still have the 165/166/168 on Blvd East as backup since Blvd East has a mass of people that changes like the weather. Plus, even if one or two Blvd East bus breaks down, there would be a mass of buses that would come and give support. Plus, what is the rate of 128 buses after 10am to NY? Again, nothing on the new bus schedule about buses going after 9:56am from Nunguessers. Is this just for the holiday or what's the deal?

Then make all 168 T leave 165/166/128 as is to help out. A bus that is hourly is useless to blvd east. Plus blvd east hurts on time performance on 165. 166 not so sure

Nonsense. "A Bus that is hourly is useless to blvd. east" - The 168 is a cousin of the 83 and the 167: people can get to Main Street/Ridgefield Park easier just like the 83 as well as Queen Anne Road just like the 167.

If the 128 trips are expanded, make the 165/166/168 trips from NY limited stops on blvd east anyone who boards the 165/6/8 bus from NY the first dischage would be nungessers and passengers who board on blvd east north bound would have to travel beyond Nungessers. Southbound towards the tunnel have the 128 make the local pickups on Blvd east and have the 165/6/8 only stop to discharge passengers who got on before nungesser and when its stops if they are passengers waiting there to be picked up there they will be pickup up provided that they are going to NY.. they can select certain 165 and 166 to fill in the gaps of the 128 bus.

Will never happen. Blvd East has passengers on every two or three stops. If a bus passes them, the amount of complaints that NJT gets would triple.

Interesting but 168 has zero peak direction blvd E service. PM me I can reveal something else thanks

No PM. Reveal it here since you got everything figured out.

Exactly. If the 128 is operating full time, I would still have the 165/166/168 on Blvd East as backup since Blvd East has a mass of people that changes like the weather. Plus, even if one or two Blvd East bus breaks down, there would be a mass of buses that would come and give support. Plus, what is the rate of 128 buses after 10am to NY? Again, nothing on the new bus schedule about buses going after 9:56am from Nunguessers. Is this just for the holiday or what's the deal?

Nonsense. "A Bus that is hourly is useless to blvd. east" - The 168 is a cousin of the 83 and the 167: people can get to Main Street/Ridgefield Park easier just like the 83 as well as Queen Anne Road just like the 167.

Will never happen. Blvd East has passengers on every two or three stops. If a bus passes them, the amount of complaints that NJT gets would triple.

No PM. Reveal it here since you got everything figured out.

It looks like NJ Transit did not update the 128 line. If you ride any NJT bus (Northern Division), you will see posted that they added service between 10:30AM - 3:00PM(Weekdays). If you don't believe, wait for one between those hours and you will see a Fairview bus running on that line!

It looks like NJ Transit did not update the 128 line. If you ride any NJT bus (Northern Division), you will see posted that they added service between 10:30AM - 3:00PM(Weekdays). If you don't believe, wait for one between those hours and you will see a Fairview bus running on that line!

Hard for me to do when I'm 395 miles away in PA lol. But did NJT make a posting of this info? If so, can you take a pic of it and post it here?

• 1 month later...

Archived