Planned Subway Service Changes

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Lex said:

If you want a more specific answer, find someone who can actually see the future.

You know, you just as well could have not replied to this question; this sort of facetiousness adds little to the conversation, and there are indeed people on here who likely could give more information than is available publicly on the Sea Beach renovations if they were inclined to share. 

23 minutes ago, RR503 said:

You know, you just as well could have not replied to this question; this sort of facetiousness adds little to the conversation, and there are indeed people on here who likely could give more information than is available publicly on the Sea Beach renovations if they were inclined to share. 

This isn't about Sea Beach...

Ok so on the topic of (N) via express:

-The blue plywood walls are being taken down at 53rd Street.

-The walls between 53rd and 59th are already down.

-However the big pit at 59th Street that they opened up for elevator installation is still there (and the blue walls walling it off to the public)

I've tweeted out to @nyctsubway about it but I haven't gotten a response yet.

3 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

Ok so on the topic of (N) via express:

-The blue plywood walls are being taken down at 53rd Street.

-The walls between 53rd and 59th are already down.

-However the big pit at 59th Street that they opened up for elevator installation is still there (and the blue walls walling it off to the public)

I've tweeted out to @nyctsubway about it but I haven't gotten a response yet.

Isn't the local part of that stretch next or was it just the Express track pillar that was the problem?

For August 3-5:

TRACK MAINTENANCE
Aug 3 - 5, 12:01 AM Sat to 5 AM Mon
(2) Service between 96 St, Manhattan and 241 St, the Bronx is replaced by (5) trains and free shuttle buses  

(2) trains run between Flatbush Av, Brooklyn and 96 St, Manhattan. 
(5) trains make all (2) stops in the Bronx between 149 St-Grand Concourse and 241 St. 

Express shuttle buses run nonstop between 96 St and 149 St-Grand Concourse.
Local shuttle buses make all stops between 96 St and 149 St-Grand Concourse.

• Transfer in the Bronx between (5) trains and shuttle buses at 149 St-Grand Concourse.
• Transfer in Manhattan between (2) trains and shuttle buses at 96 St or between (2) and (5) trains at Fulton St.  

I'm wondering what to do about 45/53 being served by the (N) on the NYC map I'm making as I assumed it was related to the Sea Beach closures. I checked the MTA website a little while ago and the July 2019 system map shows the (N) stopping at 45th and 53rd. Don't know if this is intentional or a mistake.

7 minutes ago, Sparen of Iria said:

I'm wondering what to do about 45/53 being served by the (N) on the NYC map I'm making as I assumed it was related to the Sea Beach closures. I checked the MTA website a little while ago and the July 2019 system map shows the (N) stopping at 45th and 53rd. Don't know if this is intentional or a mistake.

Those two concepts happen to involve one route. Beyond that, there's no relation.

22 minutes ago, Sparen of Iria said:

Structural work has required (N) trains to make those two stops. Unrelated to the Sea Beach work.

On 7/3/2019 at 10:02 AM, Coney Island Av said:

For August 3-5:

TRACK MAINTENANCE
Aug 3 - 5, 12:01 AM Sat to 5 AM Mon
(2) Service between 96 St, Manhattan and 241 St, the Bronx is replaced by (5) trains and free shuttle buses  

(2) trains run between Flatbush Av, Brooklyn and 96 St, Manhattan. 
(5) trains make all (2) stops in the Bronx between 149 St-Grand Concourse and 241 St. 

Express shuttle buses run nonstop between 96 St and 149 St-Grand Concourse.
Local shuttle buses make all stops between 96 St and 149 St-Grand Concourse.

• Transfer in the Bronx between (5) trains and shuttle buses at 149 St-Grand Concourse.
• Transfer in Manhattan between (2) trains and shuttle buses at 96 St or between (2) and (5) trains at Fulton St.  

Just like the (1) shuttle has local and express buses!

STATION IMPROVEMENTS & ELECTRICAL WORK
Jul 19 - 22  •  Jul 26 - 29  •  Aug 2 - 5, 11:30 PM Fri to 5 AM Mon
(L) Service between Broadway Junction and Lorimer St in Brooklyn is replaced by free shuttle buses

(L) trains run in two sections:
  1. Between Rockaway Pkwy and Broadway Junction in Brooklyn, every 10 minutes days and evenings.
  2. Between Lorimer St, Brooklyn and 8 Av, Manhattan, every 20 minutes.

Buses run in two sections making all stops:
  1. Between Broadway Junction and Myrtle-Wyckoff Avs.
  2. Between Myrtle-Wyckoff Avs and Lorimer St.

(M) service runs between Metropolitan Av and 47-50 Sts, via the (F) to/from Lexington Av/63 St and via the (Q) to/from 96 St, during the following hours:
10 PM Fri to 1:30 AM Sat  •  6 AM Sat to 1:30 AM Sun  •  6 AM Sun to 1:30 AM Mon

The Williamsburg Link B91A bus connects the Bedford Av (L) station with the (J)(M) at Marcy Av.

• For service between Brooklyn and Manhattan, consider the (A)(C) or (J) via transfer at Broadway Junction (L)  , or the (M) at Myrtle-Wyckoff Avs . 

NOTE: At Broadway Junction, all (L)trains board from the Jamaica-bound (J) platform.

STATION IMPROVEMENTS & ELECTRICAL WORK
Jul 16 - 19, Tue to Fri, from 11:30 PM to 5 AM
Jul 22 - 26 • Jul 29 - Aug 2, Mon to Fri, from 11:30 PM to 5 AM
(L) Service between Broadway Junction and Lorimer St in Brooklyn is replaced by free shuttle buses

(L) trains run, every 20 minutes, in two sections:
  1. Between Rockaway Pkwy and Broadway Junction in Brooklyn
  2. Between Lorimer St, Brooklyn and 8 Av, Manhattan

Buses make all stops between Broadway Junction and Lorimer St.

(M) service runs until 1:30 AM between Metropolitan Av and Manhattan, connecting with the (L) at 6 Av (14 St), Williamsburg Link B91A buses at Marcy Av, and shuttle buses at Myrtle-Wyckoff Avs.

The Williamsburg Link B91A bus connects the Bedford Av (L) station with the (J)(M) at Marcy Av.

• For service between Brooklyn and Manhattan consider the (A) or (J) . Transfer between trains and buses at Broadway Junction.

Edited by Far rockaway

Replacing the Elevators at 181 St A Station

We're replacing the elevators

Beginning Saturday, August 3, through Summer 2020, the elevators to the A train at the Ft Washington Av/West 184 St entrance/exit will be temporarily closed so we can install three new, replacement elevators.

During this time, the station will remain open and A trains will continue serving the station in both directions.

The Overlook Terrace passageway will remain open, but there will be no free access between Ft Washington Av and Overlook Terrace during the elevator replacement project.

https://new.mta.info/system_modernization/servicechanges/A181st

3 hours ago, Far rockaway said:

SERVICE RESTORED
Effective 5:01 AM Monday, Jul 29
(N) Trains resume express service in Brooklyn running non-stop between 59 St and 36 St in both directions

Reminder: Late night (N) trains run local in Brooklyn and Manhattan.

Finally!

5 hours ago, Far rockaway said:

SERVICE RESTORED
Effective 5:01 AM Monday, Jul 29
(N) Trains resume express service in Brooklyn running non-stop between 59 St and 36 St in both directions

Reminder: Late night (N) trains run local in Brooklyn and Manhattan.

Uhhhh, there's still a gigantic hole in the street (literally) and blue plywood everywhere on the express tracks in 59th Street station...

Are they sure about that?

Special shoutout to those who wanted the (D) to run every 6 minutes on the Concourse when the (4) doesn't run properly on Jerome:

(Yankee Stadium's got nothing going on so the (MTA) can have at it with the GO's.)

TRACK REPLACEMENT
Jul 27 - 28, 3:45 AM Sat to 10 PM Sun
(4) Woodlawn-bound trains skip 183 St, Fordham Rd, Kingsbridge Rd and Bedford Pk Blvd in the Bronx

TRACK REPLACEMENT
Jul 27, Saturday, 8 AM to 8:30 PM
Jul 28, Sunday, 11 AM to 8:30 PM
(4) Trains run every 16 minutes between Burnside Av and Woodlawn in the Bronx
Some uptown  trains skip 170 St, Mt Eden Av and 176 St

TRACK MAINTENANCE
Jul 26 - 29, 9:45 PM Fri to 5 AM Mon
(D) Norwood-bound trains skip 182-183 Sts in the Bronx

TRACK MAINTENANCE
Jul 27 - 28, Saturday & Sunday
(D) Trains run approximately every 12 minutes, days and evenings

(D) service runs on a modified schedule because the downtown (A)(C) and (D) trains are sharing the track from 145 St to 59 St-Columbus Circle in Manhattan.

Edited by paulrivera

6 hours ago, Deucey said:

Just wondering why, if (E)(F) runs local in both directions in Queens, (R) still runs to Continental instead of to Astoria or 96th St.

Is it the yard issue?

I find it dumb, but most of the time either Astoria is out because of construction at Astoria Blvd, 96th St cant be used because of the (M) , and Queens Plaza is out because of a de-energized switch IIRC.

28 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

I find it dumb, but most of the time either Astoria is out because of construction at Astoria Blvd, 96th St cant be used because of the (M) , and Queens Plaza is out because of a de-energized switch IIRC.

Why not just have it run to Queensboro Plaza? (Or if you want to go crazy, have the (Q) run local in Manhattan for Broadway express work and have the (R) terminate on the express tracks at 42nd).