Planned Subway Service Changes

Here some interesting GOs

Weekends, Saturday and Sunday, Oct 20 - 21 • Oct 27 - 28 • Nov 3 - 4

3.png trains operate between 148 St and South Ferry 1.png via the Chambers St Station.

2.png trains make all 3.png stops between Chambers St and Franklin Av.

Local shuttle buses run between Franklin Av and Sutter Av.

Express shuttle buses run nonstop between Franklin Av and Sutter Av, making all stops between

Sutter Av and New Lots Av.

• Transfer between 2.png and 3.png trains at Chambers St.

• Transfer between trains and buses at Franklin Av.

• Transfer between express and local shuttle buses at Sutter Av.

Reminder: Late night 3.png service operates between Harlem-148 St and Times Sq-42 St

2.png Trains and free shuttle buses provide alternate service

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4.png No trains between Franklin Av and Utica Av/New Lots Av [/url]

shuttle_bus.png Free shuttle buses provide alternate service

Weekends, 11:30 PM Fri to 5 AM Mon, Oct 19 - 22 • Oct 26 - 29 • Nov 2 - 5

4.png trains operate between Woodlawn and Flatbush Av 2.png via the Franklin Av Station.

shuttle_bus.png Local shuttle buses run between Franklin Av and Sutter Av.

shuttle_bus.png Express shuttle buses run nonstop between Franklin Av and Sutter Av, making all stops between

Edited by R33WF

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest MTA Bus

Here some interesting GOs

Weekends, Saturday and Sunday, Oct 20 - 21 • Oct 27 - 28 • Nov 3 - 4

3.png trains operate between 148 St and South Ferry 1.png via the Chambers St Station.

2.png trains make all 3.png stops between Chambers St and Franklin Av.

Local shuttle buses run between Franklin Av and Sutter Av.

Express shuttle buses run nonstop between Franklin Av and Sutter Av, making all stops between

• Transfer between 2.png and 3.png trains at Chambers St.

Reminder: Late night 3.png service operates between Harlem-148 St and Times Sq-42 St

2.png Trains and free shuttle buses provide alternate service

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4.png No trains between Franklin Av and Utica Av/New Lots Av [/url]

shuttle_bus.png Free shuttle buses provide alternate service

Weekends, 11:30 PM Fri to 5 AM Mon, Oct 19 - 22 • Oct 26 - 29 • Nov 2 - 5

4.png trains operate between Woodlawn and Flatbush Av 2.png via the Franklin Av Station.

shuttle_bus.png Local shuttle buses run between Franklin Av and Sutter Av.

shuttle_bus.png Express shuttle buses run nonstop between Franklin Av and Sutter Av, making all stops between

OMG. The (3) to South Ferry and the (4) to Flatbush Av. Hell must've frozen over. There's gonna be mad foam over that.

Here's another interesting one:

J.png No trains between Brooklyn and Manhattan

shuttle_bus.png Free shuttle buses provide alternative service via the Williamsburg Bridge

Weekend, 5:45 AM to 8 PM, Sat and Sun, Oct 27 - 28

Service operates in two sections:

1. Between Jamaica Center and Hewes St

2. Between Essex St and Chambers St, every 15 minutes

Shuttle buses run between Hewes St and Essex St, stopping at Marcy Av.

• Transfer between trains and buses at Hewes St and/or Essex St.

They never did this all the time I worked the (J) on weekends and I waited for any sort of G.O. :angry: (Though the eventually started doing the Crescent St. again, which continues).

They're going back to throwing everybody out at Hewes, instead of just using one of the platforms at Marcy. Not only do crews have to clean out the train and relay, but then, the bus going the extra blocks to Hewes is slow!

R142As in Flatbush!!!!! :D:D:D

Oh yeah I'm foaming :D

I usually only see bombardier 142s, now 142A's are gonna be running down there!

I can't wait!

Today I got to ride the 62s on the Nostrand Branch on the S/B track.... I ridden Redbirds, the 110A, 142s and the 62s on those rails.

Needless to say the ride was rough (Braking wise) I remember the Redbirds being much smoother and was only bucky on takeoff.

Riding N/B on the 62s had me reminiscing about when Redbirds ran on the line, I don't have many positive memories in life I enjoyed riding those trains back in the day, the 62s are not quite the same as the Redbirds but its close enough.

Now I hope they have a G.O someday where the the (4) goes to Flatbush so I could ride a 142A on the line.

Oh my @ listening to the 142A poplusion sing a tune as it pulls into Flatbush Terminal :D

Here's another interesting one:

J.png No trains between Brooklyn and Manhattan

shuttle_bus.png Free shuttle buses provide alternative service via the Williamsburg Bridge

Weekend, 5:45 AM to 8 PM, Sat and Sun, Oct 27 - 28

Service operates in two sections:

1. Between Jamaica Center and Hewes St

2. Between Essex St and Chambers St, every 15 minutes

Shuttle buses run between Hewes St and Essex St, stopping at Marcy Av.

• Transfer between trains and buses at Hewes St and/or Essex St.

I think I'll be over there for that, I'm real interested to see what buses go out on that shuttle.

Anyone want to take a guess as to why this GO is gonna be in effect for pretty much the rest of 2012 beginning the first weekend of November?

The way the mta site writes it up is misleading. (2)'s will actually be operating betweeen DYRE and Flatbush, with shuttle trains between 241 and 180.

2.png Service operates in two sections:

1. Between 241 St and E 180 St

2. Between E 180 St* and Flatbush Av

• Transfer between trains at E 180 St to continue your trip.

*2.png trains replace the 5.png between Dyre Av and E 180 St during this time.

(5) service suspended completely

Edited by Snowblock

Usually, but this one is scheduled to run through Dec 23. This is actually the ONLY weekend GO currently on the radar for December (unless you want to count Knickerbocker being closed and the usual viaduct stuff). The (5) is the bah-humbug line......

Edited by Snowblock

Anyone want to take a guess as to why this GO is gonna be in effect for pretty much the rest of 2012 beginning the first weekend of November?

The way the mta site writes it up is misleading. (2)'s will actually be operating betweeen DYRE and Flatbush, with shuttle trains between 241 and 180.

2.png Service operates in two sections:

1. Between 241 St and E 180 St

2. Between E 180 St* and Flatbush Av

• Transfer between trains at E 180 St to continue your trip.

*2.png trains replace the 5.png between Dyre Av and E 180 St during this time.

(5) service suspended completely

I'm gonna guess work at E180 or somewhere north of there on WPR where (2) trains have less track space?

From iTrans NYC Subway:

photo.png

FYI, the C line reroute is still in there, but I'd assume it was cancelled as well since the only reason the C was running express is because the D is running via 8th Avenue on the local tracks.

The weekend of November 17-18 is gonna be interesting for people along Fulton Street in Brooklyn:

-(A) Far Rockaway trains rerouted to Rockaway Park

-(C) Runs only between 168 St-2 Av

-(F) to Euclid during the day and Lefferts at night.

I guess the (F) to Lefferts thing really does save money compared to having both (F) and (S) trains turning at Euclid if they are doing it again...

Now that I think of it...why did the MTA send the (3) to South Ferry instead of turning the (4) at Atlantic and sending the (3) to Flatbush?

I think sending the (4) to Flatbush gives Nostrand Avenue residents two options for either East Side or West Side of Manhattan like the regular (2) / (5) weekday set up. It also helps reduce transfers for those who want Manhattan's East Side by transferring to the (4) had the (3) ran along with the (2) via Nostrand and had the (4) originate at Atlantic instead. The (4) becomes completely packed at rush hour after its first stop at Utica whenever the (3) comes or how the platforms often get crowded from my experience.

I also think having the (3) originate at South Ferry reduces the transfers to the Express on the Broadway-Seventh Avenue Line. Riders at South Ferry and Rector Street who want express service can stay on the (3) all the way without transferring (unless if they need WPR service via the (2) of course).

Both the (2) and (3) run at abysmal headways on weekends so instead of transfering at Nevins in both directions, riders can stay on the (2) or (4) the entire way down and to also transfer at Franklin for the IRT Livonia Avenue Line shuttle buses that makes all the (3)(4) stops between Franklin and New Lots.

I also think that it reduces the switching crew for the Eastern Parkway Line. Instead of having two switching crews at Atlantic and Franklin respectively, you only have one at Franklin for the Nostrand Avenue Junction. They already have switching crew at the South Ferry and Flatbush Avenue terminals and even at Chambers so its a win-for-win.

Just my opinion by the way.

Edited by RollOverMyHead

Wow, that's way too many bullets for my fragile mind to decipher, so I'm gonna ignore the above post and give the answer.

If the 4 turns at Atlantic, then riders who are going to Franklin and Utica from the east side are going to have to transfer to the 2 or 3, and THEN transfer to a bus. Sending the 4 to Franklin gives them a direct transfer to the buses. Sending the 3 to South Ferry is not a big deal, because riders going to Brooklyn can take the 2 on the SAME platform instead. I doubt there are many riders going from 148/145 to south of Franklin.

In other words, the 4 to Flat and the 3 to South Ferry inconviences passengers a lot less than the 4 to Atlantic and the 3 to Flat would.

Edited by Snowblock