Planned Subway Service Changes

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, that's way too many bullets for my "fragile" mind to "decipher", so I'm gonna ignore the above post and give the answer.

<_<

So...just giving an opinion means that I'm saying it as a "fact"...? Other people these days...Smh

Go ahead and convert my above post into an "understandable language"...teh...

Edited by RollOverMyHead

<_<

So...just giving an opinion means that I'm saying it as a "fact"...? Other people these days...Smh

Go ahead and convert my above post into an "understandable language"...teh...

When every other word is a subway bullet, I won't read it, especially not right after working 8 hours and being up for 16. What's so hard about writing 2, 3 and 4? Just my opinion......

Edited by Snowblock

When every other word is a subway bullet, I won't read it, especially not right after working 8 hours and being up for 16. What's so hard about writing 2, 3 and 4? Just my opinion......

<_<<_<<_<

Anyways................

Edited by RollOverMyHead

His point is that all those bullets clumped together can be grating on the eyes at times. I doubt it's anything personal toward you.

To me at least, his posts sounded quite "personal" and rude. Especially the "Why is it so hard to just say (2), (3) and (4)? Just my opnion........"

I felt that way and I don't care if anyone else doubts its nothing personal towards me. I myself felt that was an insult..............Anyways, that said.....moving on..............

It's just a damn opinion geez, hence I said I think in my above post because I didn't know...I don't really see what kind of point you people are trying to make against my above post......So is it wrong for me to use bullets while writing something about the trains themselves in a long paragraph...? I don't think so....

Edited by RollOverMyHead

The overuse of bullets is a strain on the eyes. It isn't a personal insult against you (I call out other forum members who do the same thing), although taking the time to edit my post to ADD MORE bullets to it seems like an insult directed at me.

Anyway, I'm still waiting for the 11/3-11/4 GO to get posted, so that I find out just WHY the 2 will be running to Dyre for the next 8 weekends. They have the GO's up for next week, but not next weekend......Tk M between 3 Av-180 is coming out next week, so don't wait around for any 5 expresses......

The overuse of bullets is a strain on the eyes. It isn't a personal insult against you (I call out other forum members who do the same thing), although taking the time to edit my post to ADD MORE bullets to it seems like an insult directed at me.

Anyway, I'm still waiting for the 11/3-11/4 GO to get posted, so that I find out just WHY the 2 will be running to Dyre for the next 8 weekends. They have the GO's up for next week, but not next weekend......Tk M between 3 Av-180 is coming out next week, so don't wait around for any 5 expresses......

Cant they just branch the (2) and add shuttles or just make the Dyre Avenue Portion have shuttle buses instead.?

For those that haven't noticed. The (3) to South Ferry and (4) to Flatbush on weekends will go on until late November

3 No trains between Chambers St and New Lots Av

2 Trains and free shuttle buses provide alternate service

Weekends, Saturday and Sunday, until Nov 25

3 trains operate between 148 St and South Ferry 1 via the Chambers St Station.

2 trains make all 3 stops between Chambers St and Franklin Av.

shuttle_bus.png Sutter Av shuttle buses make all stops between Franklin Av and Sutter Av.

shuttle_bus.png New Lots Av shuttle buses run nonstop between Franklin Av and Sutter Av,

making all stops between Sutter Av and New Lots Av.

• Transfer between 2 and 3 trains at Chambers St.

• Transfer between 2 trains and shuttle_bus.png buses at Franklin Av.

• Transfer between shuttle_bus.png buses at Sutter Av.

Station Sutter Av Shuttle Bus Stop Franklin Av 2.png4.png Eastern Pkwy at Franklin Av Nostrand Av Eastern Pkwy at Nostrand Av Kingston Av Eastern Pkwy at Kingston Av Utica Av Eastern Pkwy at Utica Av Sutter Av-Rutland Rd Rutland Rd at E 98 St Station New Lots Av Shuttle Bus Stop Franklin Av 2.png4.png Eastern Pkwy at Franklin Av Sutter Av-Rutland Rd E 98 St at Sutter Av Saratoga Av Livonia Av at Saratoga Av Rockaway Av Livonia Av at Rockaway Av Junius St Livonia Av at Sackman St Pennsylvania Av Livonia Av at Pennsylvania Av Van Siclen Av Livonia Av at Van Siclen Av New Lots Av Livonia Av at Warwick St

Reminder: Late night 3 service operates between Harlem-148 St and Times Sq-42 St.

~ For late night travel in Brooklyn, see 4 advisories.

ADA_WhlChr_small.gif This service change affects one or more ADA accessible stations. Please call 511 for help with planning

your trip. If you are deaf or hard of hearing, use your preferred relay service provider or the free 711 relay.

4.png No trains between Franklin Av and New Lots Av

shuttle_bus.png Free shuttle buses provide alternate service

Weekends, 11:30 PM Fri to 5 AM Mon, until Nov 26

4.png trains operate between Woodlawn and Flatbush Av 2.png via the Franklin Av Station.

shuttle_bus.png Sutter Av shuttle buses make all stops between Franklin Av and Sutter Av.

shuttle_bus.png New Lots Av shuttle buses run nonstop between Franklin Av and Sutter Av,

making all stops between Sutter Av and New Lots Av.

• Transfer between 4.png trains and shuttle_bus.png buses at Franklin Av.

• Transfer between shuttle_bus.png buses at Sutter Av.

Station Sutter Av Shuttle Bus Stop Franklin Av 2.png4.png Eastern Pkwy at Franklin Av Nostrand Av Eastern Pkwy at Nostrand Av Kingston Av Eastern Pkwy at Kingston Av Utica Av Eastern Pkwy at Utica Av Sutter Av-Rutland Rd Rutland Rd at E 98 St Station New Lots Av Shuttle Bus Stop Franklin Av 2.png4.png Eastern Pkwy at Franklin Av Sutter Av-Rutland Rd E 98 St at Sutter Av Saratoga Av Livonia Av at Saratoga Av Rockaway Av Livonia Av at Rockaway Av Junius St Livonia Av at Sackman St Pennsylvania Av Livonia Av at Pennsylvania Av Van Siclen Av Livonia Av at Van Siclen Av New Lots Av Livonia Av at Warwick St

ADA_WhlChr_small.gif This service change affects one or more ADA accessible stations. Please call 511 for help with planning

your trip. If you are deaf or hard of hearing, use your preferred relay service provider or the free 711 relay.

This sounds interesting also

J.png No trains between Brooklyn and Manhattan

shuttle_bus.png Free shuttle buses provide alternative service via the Williamsburg Bridge

Weekend, 5:45 AM to 8 PM, Sat and Sun, Oct 27 - 28

Service operates in two sections:

1. Between Jamaica Center and Hewes St

2. Between Essex St and Chambers St, every 15 minutes

Shuttle buses run between Hewes St and Essex St, stopping at Marcy Av.

• Transfer between trains and buses at Hewes St and/or Essex St.

Station Shuttle Bus Stop Hewes St J.png (Brooklyn) Broadway at Hooper St Marcy Av (Brooklyn) Broadway at Marcy Av Essex St F.pngJ.png (Manhattan) Delancey St at Essex St

Hmm this is peculiar, two GO's that are basically the same thing, but the (5) runs through 149-180 one week and the next week it's not.

10/29-11/2: N/B 2 and 5 run express between 3 Av and E180.

11/5-11/9: N/B 2 runs express between 3 Av and E180, No 5 between 149-GC upper level and E180.

Sometimes I wonder...

Hmm this is peculiar, two GO's that are basically the same thing, but the (5) runs through 149-180 one week and the next week it's not.

10/29-11/2: N/B 2 and 5 run express between 3 Av and E180.

11/5-11/9: N/B 2 runs express between 3 Av and E180, No 5 between 149-GC upper level and E180.

Sometimes I wonder...

Let me guess: the second one is track replacement, the first one is switch or signal work.

• 1 month later...

Bringing this back up front...

I wonder why they went back to turning the 4s at Atlantic Av. Does it have to do with South Ferry being unable to turn the 3s?

4.pngNo trains between Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr and Utica Av/New Lots Av

2.png3.png trains and free shuttle buses provide alternate service

Weekends, 11:30 PM Fri to 5 AM Mon, Dec 28 - Jan 21

4.png Service operates between Woodlawn and Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr.

2.png3.png trains make all stops between Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr and Franklin Av.

Sutter Av shuttle buses make all stops between Franklin Av and Sutter Av.

New Lots Av shuttle buses run nonstop between Franklin Av and Sutter Av, making all stops between

Sutter Av and New Lots Av.

• Transfer between 2.png3.png and 4.png trains at Nevins St (across the platform) or Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr.

• Transfer between 2.png3.png trains and shuttle buses at Franklin Av.

• Transfer between shuttle buses at Sutter Av.

Bringing this back up front...

I wonder why they went back to turning the 4s at Atlantic Av. Does it have to do with South Ferry being unable to turn the 3s?

4.pngNo trains between Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr and Utica Av/New Lots Av

2.png3.png trains and free shuttle buses provide alternate service

Weekends, 11:30 PM Fri to 5 AM Mon, Dec 28 - Jan 21

4.png Service operates between Woodlawn and Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr.

2.png3.png trains make all stops between Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr and Franklin Av.

Sutter Av shuttle buses make all stops between Franklin Av and Sutter Av.

New Lots Av shuttle buses run nonstop between Franklin Av and Sutter Av, making all stops between

Sutter Av and New Lots Av.

• Transfer between 2.png3.png and 4.png trains at Nevins St (across the platform) or Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr.

• Transfer between 2.png3.png trains and shuttle buses at Franklin Av.

• Transfer between shuttle buses at Sutter Av.

I believe that weekend, the (3) will be runnning with the (2) to Flatbush Av. It makes sense since that's the best terminal for (3) without screwing up the (2).

Yeah, but as of late, whenever there's no service between Franklin and New Lots, the 2 and 4 run to Flatbush so both Lex and 7th have direct access to the shuttle buses. When there wasn't any service east of Utica Av, the 4 would continue to Utica, stopping at Kingston and Nostrand; the 3 would tag along with the deuce to Flatbush.

With the way it's set up this time, Lex riders once again have a three seat ride to get to Livonia.

• 2 weeks later...

(F) Jamaica-bound trains run express from Church Av to Carroll St

(G) Court Sq-bound trains run express from Church Av to Carroll St

Weekend, 11:45 PM Fri to 5 AM Mon, Jan 25 - 28

Trains stop at 7 Av.

For service to Fort Hamilton Pkwy, 15 St-Prospect Park and 4 Av-9 St, take the (F) or (G)to 7 Av

or Carroll St and transfer to a Coney Island-bound (F) or Church Av-bound (G).

For service from these stations, take the (F) or (G)to 7 Av or Church Av and transfer to a

Jamaica-bound (F) or Court Sq-bound (G)

I guess the switches are up or will be up,and running by then.

I wonder if anyone has a new update about the trackmap in Brooklyn since nycsubway.org's trackmaps is outdated and some being incorrect.

EDIT: Never mind, the switching south of the closed Smith-Ninth Streets station is where northbound (F) and (G) trains will cross over to and continue their way to Carroll Street. Should have thought about that first. My mistake.

Edited by RollOverMyHead

>(4) to Flatbush replaced with (3) to Flatbush

;__; MTA y u do dis

Yeah, but as of late, whenever there's no service between Franklin and New Lots, the 2 and 4 run to Flatbush so both Lex and 7th have direct access to the shuttle buses. When there wasn't any service east of Utica Av, the 4 would continue to Utica, stopping at Kingston and Nostrand; the 3 would tag along with the deuce to Flatbush.

With the way it's set up this time, Lex riders once again have a three seat ride to get to Livonia.

That's a good point.

F.png Coney Island-bound trains skip Avenue U and Avenue X

Weekend, 6 AM to 6 PM, Sat and Sun, Jan 12 - 13

What work is causing this G/O?

On a side note, this means we get views of F trains taking the slip switch from the express to the local track at Avenue X in addition to running express via Culver Viaduct and Bergen Lower during a separate G/O.