Planned Subway Service Changes

4 hours ago, Abba said:

The last B usually leaves Brighton at 8:35 but that’s after they start local on 4th ave which is around 7

Thats not always the case. A few of the times when the (B) Train ended early, the last train would sometimes Brighton Beach around 8:20 depending on what the G.O actually is.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This morning I was on an (F) train that stopped at Steinway Street. I'm not a frequent rider of the (F) but does this frequently happen? There was no special announcement. Also, if I recall correctly, the (E) was stopping there as well, which to my knowledge, only happens late nights?

1 minute ago, V886132 said:

This morning I was on an (F) train that stopped at Steinway Street. I'm not a frequent rider of the (F) but does this frequently happen? There was no special announcement. Also, if I recall correctly, the (E) was stopping there as well, which to my knowledge, only happens late nights?

They're running all trains local this weekend -- CBTC work. 

On 1/6/2019 at 6:11 PM, RR503 said:

All of this comes back to the inefficiency of MTA work practices. Flagging is over-complicated, productivity is low, and contractor coordination is a bit of a joke. If we just could get our act together, we'd save time and money -- it isn't like these GOs are free/cost-positive...

QBL CBTC has only 1 work train and 1 work site per weekend. That work train has only 3, max 4 employees from Five Star on it. Easy to say all 11 miles of QBL is being resignaled by 1 person. That is why it will take years. Some weekends the CBTC train is parked all weekend at 71 ave and I never saw it leave. Five star never showed up.

2 hours ago, bulk88 said:

QBL CBTC has only 1 work train and 1 work site per weekend. That work train has only 3, max 4 employees from Five Star on it. Easy to say all 11 miles of QBL is being resignaled by 1 person. That is why it will take years. Some weekends the CBTC train is parked all weekend at 71 ave and I never saw it leave. Five star never showed up.

I wonder if they have to fill out a report of how much work they did that wkend. It’ll prob consist of coffee breaks and lies. Someone from the higher-ups shld go down there undercover or a spot check and blow the whole thing wide open. If thousands of commuters are being f**ked over by this slow, monotonous and simply inefficient project, then there needs to be a shake-up in management.

Looks like the (Q) Train will run in two sections

ELECTRICAL IMPROVEMENTS
11:30 PM Fri, Feb 8 to 5 AM Mon, Feb 11
(D) Service between 59 St in Manhattan and Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr in Brooklyn is replaced by (F)(Q) trains and free shuttle buses   

Days/Evenings:
(D) trains run between 205 St and 145 St and via the (C) local to/from W 4 St and via the (F) to/from 2 Av, the last stop. (Some (D) trains will run to/from Canal St during peak times)    
(Q) trains replace the (D) in Brooklyn between Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr and Stillwell Av.  

Overnights:
(D) trains run between 205 St and 59 St-Columbus Circle and via the (C) local to/from W 4 St and via the (F) to/from 2 Av, the last stop.   
(Q) trains replace the (D) in Brooklyn running local between DeKalb Av and Stillwell Av.   

Transfer between (D) and (Q) trains at Times Sq-42 St/Port Authority.  
Transfer between (F) and (Q) trains at 34 St-Herald Sq.  

Big weekend G.O. 1/26-1/27

No (7) trains between 74th st-broadway and 34th st-hudson yards

(7) trains run between main st and 74th st-broadway

Free shuttle buses operate in three sections:

1.Between 74th st-broadway and Queensboro Plaza

2.Between Queensboro Plaza and Vernon Blvd-Jackson ave

3.Between Times sq-42nd st and 34th st-hudson yards

For service between queens and manhattan take the (E)(F)(N), or (R) trains

Additional (E) service runs days and evenings between queens and manhattan

LIRR will cross honor metrocards for stations between woodside(queens) and penn station(manhattan)

(S)42nd street shuttle service will run overnight

5 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

Why couldn't LIRR cross honor to at least Flushing Main Street?

Lol @ cross honor for stations BETWEEN Penn and Woodside, there is no stations between Penn and Woodside on LIRR!

whoops typo error. I meant between Woodside station and Penn station.I don't think it's necessary to extend the cross honor to Flushing Main Street because the (7) train is still running to main street. If it wasn't running around there then maybe they would extend the cross honor to Flushing-Main st. For that to happen, it would probably require the whole (7) line to be completely suspended for one weekend.

On 1/15/2019 at 2:41 PM, Daniel The Cool said:

ELECTRICAL IMPROVEMENTS
(D) Service between 59 St in Manhattan and Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr in Brooklyn is replaced by (F)(Q) trains and free shuttle buses   

Days/Evenings:
(D) trains run between 205 St and 145 St and via the (C) local to/from W 4 St and via the (F) to/from 2 Av, the last stop. (Some (D) trains will run to/from Canal St during peak times)    
(Q) trains replace the (D) in Brooklyn between Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr and Stillwell Av.  

Overnights:
(D) trains run between 205 St and 59 St-Columbus Circle and via the (C) local to/from W 4 St and via the (F) to/from 2 Av, the last stop.   
(Q) trains replace the (D) in Brooklyn running local between DeKalb Av and Stillwell Av.   

Also (C) trains running express in both directions between 145th st and Canal St

(D) trains will provide local service along the (C) line in both directions between 145th st and Canal St.

Days/Evenings:

That's a first... I'll bet money they wont be signed properly...

ELECTRICAL IMPROVEMENTS

Days/Evenings:

Overnights:

Why do you say then Q will run in two sections? Also, what does this mean? --  " Q trains replace the D  in Brooklyn between Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr and Stillwell Av."  Will the Q run on the D line as well as on the Q line? That would be weird.

1 minute ago, Italianstallion said:

Why do you say then Q will run in two sections? Also, what does this mean? --  " Q trains replace the D  in Brooklyn between Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr and Stillwell Av."  Will the Q run on the D line as well as on the Q line? That would be weird.

Yes, that's exactly what will happen. They did that last year too, which I wasn't too fond of. However, that's the lesser of two evils (having two (D) trains would cause even more confusion). 

Just now, Lawrence St said:

Why is the (M) on 6th?

And to expand on that, since the (M) needs more service there's no room for three lines between W4 and Broadway-Lafayette. And no, they won't run the (M) on 12 minute headways to accommodate a short turned (D) train.

Personally I don't know why the (D) can't go to WTC with the (E). Both run on 12 minute headways so they won't run over the terminal's designed capacity, and the (F) and (M) wouldn't have to go through any more unneeded merging.