Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
TheSubwayStation

Planned Subway Service Changes

4 hours ago, Abba said:

The last B usually leaves Brighton at 8:35 but that’s after they start local on 4th ave which is around 7

Thats not always the case. A few of the times when the (B) Train ended early, the last train would sometimes Brighton Beach around 8:20 depending on what the G.O actually is.

The only way to run 4th ave trains at normal headway’s would be either :

1.Stop the (B) at 7pm.(or run it at a 12 or 15 min interval?) 

2: Run the (N) via Montague.

This morning I was on an (F) train that stopped at Steinway Street. I'm not a frequent rider of the (F) but does this frequently happen? There was no special announcement. Also, if I recall correctly, the (E) was stopping there as well, which to my knowledge, only happens late nights?

1 minute ago, V886132 said:

This morning I was on an (F) train that stopped at Steinway Street. I'm not a frequent rider of the (F) but does this frequently happen? There was no special announcement. Also, if I recall correctly, the (E) was stopping there as well, which to my knowledge, only happens late nights?

They're running all trains local this weekend -- CBTC work. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/6/2019 at 6:11 PM, RR503 said:

All of this comes back to the inefficiency of MTA work practices. Flagging is over-complicated, productivity is low, and contractor coordination is a bit of a joke. If we just could get our act together, we'd save time and money -- it isn't like these GOs are free/cost-positive...

QBL CBTC has only 1 work train and 1 work site per weekend. That work train has only 3, max 4 employees from Five Star on it. Easy to say all 11 miles of QBL is being resignaled by 1 person. That is why it will take years. Some weekends the CBTC train is parked all weekend at 71 ave and I never saw it leave. Five star never showed up.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, bulk88 said:

QBL CBTC has only 1 work train and 1 work site per weekend. That work train has only 3, max 4 employees from Five Star on it. Easy to say all 11 miles of QBL is being resignaled by 1 person. That is why it will take years. Some weekends the CBTC train is parked all weekend at 71 ave and I never saw it leave. Five star never showed up.

I wonder if they have to fill out a report of how much work they did that wkend. It’ll prob consist of coffee breaks and lies. Someone from the higher-ups shld go down there undercover or a spot check and blow the whole thing wide open. If thousands of commuters are being f**ked over by this slow, monotonous and simply inefficient project, then there needs to be a shake-up in management.

8 hours ago, bulk88 said:

Easy to say all 11 miles of QBL is being resignaled by 1 person.

No way this is true. That's insane.

Looks like the (Q) Train will run in two sections

ELECTRICAL IMPROVEMENTS
11:30 PM Fri, Feb 8 to 5 AM Mon, Feb 11
(D) Service between 59 St in Manhattan and Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr in Brooklyn is replaced by (F)(Q) trains and free shuttle buses   

Days/Evenings:
(D) trains run between 205 St and 145 St and via the (C) local to/from W 4 St and via the (F) to/from 2 Av, the last stop. (Some (D) trains will run to/from Canal St during peak times)    
(Q) trains replace the (D) in Brooklyn between Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr and Stillwell Av.  

Overnights:
(D) trains run between 205 St and 59 St-Columbus Circle and via the (C) local to/from W 4 St and via the (F) to/from 2 Av, the last stop.   
(Q) trains replace the (D) in Brooklyn running local between DeKalb Av and Stillwell Av.   

Transfer between (D) and (Q) trains at Times Sq-42 St/Port Authority.  
Transfer between (F) and (Q) trains at 34 St-Herald Sq.