Jump to content


Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
TheSubwayStation

Planned Subway Service Changes

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Far rockaway said:

How would (M) trains switch over to the express tracks on 6th av line when its going to the 145th st station.

They'll likely cross at 34. It's D20 in both directions, unlike if you did W4 or a combo of Bway Laff and W4. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RR503 said:

They'll likely cross at 34. It's D20 in both directions, unlike if you did W4 or a combo of Bway Laff and W4. 

Also, they'd probably want to avoid the early/late switch to handle the (L) crowds (assuming all four tracks are in service).

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Far rockaway said:

How would (M) trains switch over to the express tracks on 6th av line when its going to the 145th st station.

They'll probably do what rerouted (A)(C) trains do, which as others have mentioned is switch between 34th and 42nd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/15/2019 at 6:25 PM, Around the Horn said:

My question is: is there an (M) to 145th Street program?

To try and clarify a bit more 

There are (M) to 145 programs but I think they're all spliced just like the (E) to 168 and (M) to 96.....I know this because I was able to hear some sample recordings of the announcement from social media. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Coney Island Av said:

To try and clarify a bit more 

There are (M) to 145 programs but I think they're all spliced just like the (E) to 168 and (M) to 96.....I know this because I was able to hear some sample recordings of the announcement from social media. 

A buddy of mine just checked and it appears that it announces (M) to 145, but we'll see soon enough. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Yankees will be in town, but the games are at night, and there's a dying need to get this done:

TRACK MAINTENANCE
Aug 3, Saturday, 5:45 AM to 1 PM
Aug 4, Sunday, 5:45 AM to 4 PM
(4) Woodlawn-bound trains run express from 167 St to Mosholu Pkwy in the Bronx 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/18/2019 at 3:05 AM, paulrivera said:

The Yankees will be in town, but the games are at night, and there's a dying need to get this done:

TRACK MAINTENANCE
Aug 3, Saturday, 5:45 AM to 1 PM
Aug 4, Sunday, 5:45 AM to 4 PM
(4) Woodlawn-bound trains run express from 167 St to Mosholu Pkwy in the Bronx 

 

Only to Mosholu? Weird.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Union Tpke said:

Only to Mosholu? Weird.

It happens sometimes...

59 minutes ago, bwwnyc123 said:

However riders are able to get off at 161 St for Yankees baseball games.

The games are a non-factor since the games are at night.

 

36 minutes ago, KingsbridgeKid2532 said:

Select D express trains use the crossover just south of 161

Rush hours when the Yankees are playing at night, yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Union Tpke said:

Yeah but when are they going to close up the gigantic pit in the middle of 59th Street for the elevator installation? There's still a massive hole with sunlight coming down to track level.

Edited by Around the Horn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

m6lbuGv.jpg

It’s worse than I thought. 19 minutes for the next (N)?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, bwwnyc123 said:

(N)(R) are always delayed.

(N) is for Never. (R) is for Rarely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Union Tpke said:

(N) is for Never. (R) is for Rarely.

Even (D) runs better than them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bwwnyc123 said:

Even (D) runs better than them.

(D) is for Depends or Doubtful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, R68OnBroadway said:

Why does the (Q) do so better on the weekends? Is it because it’s the sole line for a good portion of its route? 

 

3 hours ago, bwwnyc123 said:

(Q) doesn't go through the 4 Av line disaster the Brighton line is so smooth.

The (Q) also runs slightly more trains (significantly more trains if there are no GO's) than the (N) and (R).

3 hours ago, bwwnyc123 said:

Even (D) runs better than them.

Southbound out of 205th/Bedford Park, yes.

Northbound out of Stillwell... not so much. 4th Avenue takes up a lot more time than it should. Sometimes there'd be some weird dispatching at 36th and at DeKalb and trains just end up randomly sitting for up to 5 minutes.

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, paulrivera said:

4th Avenue takes up a lot more time than it should. Sometimes there'd be some weird dispatching at 36th and at DeKalb and trains just end up randomly sitting for up to 5 minutes.

Now that the (N) is on the local tracks from 36th to 59th, there are a lot of times where (D) and (N) trains both arrive at 36th northbound at the same time and both sit in the station for a while and times where (N) and (R) trains both approach the switch southbound at the same time and both just crawl until one of them gets the lineup and it messes up all three lines especially in rush hour.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

Now that the (N) is on the local tracks from 36th to 59th, there are a lot of times where (D) and (N) trains both arrive at 36th northbound at the same time and both sit in the station for a while and times where (N) and (R) trains both approach the switch southbound at the same time and both just crawl until one of them gets the lineup and it messes up all three lines especially in rush hour.

Happens all the time. They will even send 2 (R) trains ahead to 36 Street before letting the (N) get in the conga line. The (D) gets a better deal out of the current arrangement and it would be merging with the (N) either way, but now the (D) can wait in station instead of being stuck at the ramp going down to 36 Street.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.