Planned Subway Service Changes

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Lex said:

That's effectively what it is, anyway...

I suppose it technically is a subset of the (5) route so it’s not as if it adds confusion. The MTA probably thought it’d be less confusing to have 2 distinct designations rather than just the (4) which may or may not short-turn.

On 3/6/2020 at 7:08 PM, Far rockaway said:

TRACK MAINTENANCE
Mar 9 - 13  •  Mar 16 - 20, Mon to Fri, 8 AM to 10 AM and 4:45 PM to 6:30 PM
(4)(5) Rush hour service temporarily reduced to accommodate track replacement work near Canal St

Huh? This has to be done during rush hour? What a mess it will be.

On 2/25/2020 at 4:13 PM, Lawrence St said:

Um...

CULVER LINE SIGNAL MODERNIZATION Learn more about this project
Beginning March 20 through October 2020
Weekends* from Fri 9:45 PM to Mon 5 AM
(F) Service between Church Av and Stillwell Av in Brooklyn is replaced by free shuttle buses

(F) trains run between 179 St and Church Av.

SB Buses run between Church Av and Stillwell Av*, stopping at Ditmas Av, 18 Av, Avenue I, Bay Pkwy, Avenue N, Avenue P, Kings Hwy, Avenue U, Avenue X, Neptune Av and W 8 St.

Transfer between (F) trains and SB buses at Church Av.

For direct service between Coney Island and Manhattan/Downtown Brooklyn, take the (Q) instead.

In Manhattan, transfer between the (F) and (Q) at 34 St-Herald Sq.

In Brooklyn, transfer between the (Q) and SB at Stillwell Av or West 8 St. 

Show Shuttle Bus Stops 

*Except Apr 10 - 13 & Jul 3 - 6

Note: From 8 AM to 10 PM Saturday and Sunday, some buses will only run between Church Av and Kings Hwy.

the Bay News and the Marine Park/Mill Basin Courier has this information on its front page in the issue that was issued this past Friday 

The complete article is on page 14.

Since the (C) would be suspended this upcoming weekend 3/14-15, would the (A) use some of the 4 car r179 sets in which they can be coupled into 5 car sets or would they let the 4 car r179 sets rest for the weekend since the (C) won't be running. And I wonder if the (A) would use a couple of r32 trains. I don't know if the (A) can handle the load along the (C) local stops in brooklyn because some of those stops can have a good amount of ridership where it is busy.

1 hour ago, Far rockaway said:

Since the (C) would be suspended this upcoming weekend 3/14-15, would the (A) use some of the 4 car r179 sets in which they can be coupled into 5 car sets or would they let the 4 car r179 sets rest for the weekend since the (C) won't be running. And I wonder if the (A) would use a couple of r32 trains. I don't know if the (A) can handle the load along the (C) local stops in brooklyn because some of those stops can have a good amount of ridership where it is busy.

why would they do that

2 hours ago, Far rockaway said:

The last thing we need is to run more trains with odd numbers of cars.

11 hours ago, Far rockaway said:

I doubt they’ll use the 4-car R179 sets. They can’t do 10-car trains with them, and they won’t want to have trains with various lengths of eight, nine and ten cars, which would cause people on the platform to stampede towards the first or last car if the train is less than ten cars long. They might use R32s since those are paired cars, so you can make 10-car trains with no issues at all. 

11 hours ago, Far rockaway said:

So I am guessing the (M) would use the 145th st program to 168th st along the (C) line or unless they have a 168th st program already installed on the r160s

They should. I don’t know if they had it installed the last time the (M) ran up CPW. 

Edited by T to Dyre Avenue

On 3/9/2020 at 8:43 AM, T to Dyre Avenue said:

I doubt they’ll use the 4-car R179 sets. They can’t do 10-car trains with them, and they won’t want to have trains with various lengths of eight, nine and ten cars, which would cause people on the platform to stampede towards the first or last car if the train is less than ten cars long. They might use R32s since those are paired cars, so you can make 10-car trains with no issues at all. 

They should. I don’t know if they had it installed the last time the (M) ran up CPW. 

They installed that program for the weekends it ran along CPW, it features the new woman that announces the M14SBS transfers

It's interesting to see this weekend the (M) running to/from 168th Street, the last time that we had the (M) run via CPW local line was several months ago and the announcement said "This is a 145th Street bound (M) Local Train via the (B) Line" voice by Velina Mitchell who happens to be the voice of the transfer to the M14SBS along 14th Street

meant to post this here

With work being done near Canal St from this week: and till the next The rush hour (5) trains,

AM hours: starting at Nereid Av to Bowling Green via the loop to E.180 St (all Bronx Express) and

PM hours: select trains starts at E.180 St to Bowling Green going back to Nereid Av (or on some cases, Gun Hill Rd-WPR are cancelled. 

*Select trains from Crown Hts-Utica are still running at that time. 

TRACK REPLACEMENT
Mar 16 - 20 • Mar 23 - 27, Mon to Fri, from 9:45 PM to 5 AM

Uptown (1) trains skip Franklin St, Canal St, Houston St, Christopher St, 18 St, 23 St and 28 St in Manhattan
For service to these stations, take the (1)  to 14 St or 34 St-Penn Station and transfer to a downtown (1) or (2) local.
For service from these stations, take the (1) or (2) to 14 St or Chambers St and transfer to an uptown (1)

STRUCTURAL MAINTENANCE
Mar 16 - 20, Mon to Fri, from 9:45 PM to 5 AM

Wakefield-bound (2) trains skip Eastern Pkwy, Grand Army Plaza and Bergen St in Brooklyn
For service to these stations, take the (2) to Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr and transfer to a Flatbush Av-bound (2) or New Lots Av-bound (4).
For service from these stations, take the (2) or (4) to Franklin Av and transfer to a Wakefield-bound (2).

Just a few ones I found on the (MTA) website.

Starting tomorrow, Wednesday, March 25, we plan to operate the MTA Essential Schedule, which preserves our AM and PM rush hours to get first responders and essential personnel where they need to go.

Here are the details:

Some lines and express routes will not operate during weekdays, but we're focused on maximizing capacity during rush hours and ensuring our crews' safety. 

While ridership has dropped by ~85%, we're preserving 75% of our typical weekday capacity.

You may wait a few extra minutes on the platform, but every station will still be served. Some express services and branches on some lines will operate only local service. 

For full details, see http://new.mta.info/coronavirus. Here’s a summary:
The B, W, and Z lines will not run. 

In the Bronx, D trains are making all local stops. On Central Park West, take a C train. 

In Manhattan, N trains are making all local stops. For service to Astoria, take an N train. 

In Brooklyn, J trains are making all local stops.

We’ll continue to analyze service levels on a line-by-line, hour-by-hour basis to ensure this service plan gets essential employees to work while allowing for a safe social distance.

Since there are unpredictable variables at play, our real-time arrival data and trip planning tools may not be always be accurate.

Check http://MTA.info and the MYmta app, or @ or DM us here, before you go. Subscribe to email or text alerts at http://mymtaalerts.com.

ELECTRICAL IMPROVEMENTS
Apr 6 - 10, Mon to Fri, from 11:30 PM to 5 AM
(E)(F) No trains between 71 Av and Jamaica Center or Jamaica-179 St

ELECTRICAL IMPROVEMENTS
Apr 6 - 10, Mon to Fri, from 11:30 PM to 12:30 AM
(R) Service between Queens Plaza and 71 Av in Queens is replaced by (E) and (F) trains

No (B)(W)(Z) service for awhile now so who will miss riding them or some other normal weekday services?  I would really miss riding the (B) especially on Brighton Express. Some others I will miss (5) Express in The Bronx, (6) Express in The Bronx, (7) Express in Queens, (D) Express in The Bronx.

Edited by bwwnyc123

URGENT REPAIRS
Mar 27 - 30, Fri 11:30 PM to Mon 5 AM
(2)(3) Free shuttle buses replace trains at 148 St, 145 St, 135 St, 125 St, 116 St, and 110 St

(2) trains run between 241 St and 149 St-Grand Concourse and via the (5)* (express) to/from Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr, then resume service to/from Flatbush Av.

(3) trains run all weekend between New Lots Av and 96 St (express in Manhattan), and via the (1) to/from 137 St.