Planned Subway Service Changes

47 minutes ago, Far rockaway said:

URGENT REPAIRS
Mar 27 - 30, Fri 11:30 PM to Mon 5 AM
(2)(3) Free shuttle buses replace trains at 148 St, 145 St, 135 St, 125 St, 116 St, and 110 St

(2) trains run between 241 St and 149 St-Grand Concourse and via the (5)* (express) to/from Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr, then resume service to/from Flatbush Av.

(3) trains run all weekend between New Lots Av and 96 St (express in Manhattan), and via the (1) to/from 137 St.

I'm actually shocked that they're not suspending the (3) Train and have the (2) end at 96th Street with the (5) Trains replacing the (2) in the Bronx like they usually would have done it.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Daniel The Cool said:

I'm actually shocked that they're not suspending the (3) Train and have the (2) end at 96th Street with the (5) Trains replacing the (2) in the Bronx like they usually would have done it.

Still need a 7th Av Express, so (3) gets to be a primary service.

I just don’t get why (2) isn’t just a shuttle to 180th St with (5) running its M-F route.

51 minutes ago, Daniel The Cool said:

There’s also the lack of crews to run both the (2) and (5) as full services (mentioned earlier) and the (5) being a shuttle all weekend.

and who knows if 96 St and 86 St are reopening yet? So in that case, the (2) would have to end at Times Square 

25 minutes ago, darkstar8983 said:

There’s also the lack of crews to run both the (2) and (5) as full services (mentioned earlier) and the (5) being a shuttle all weekend.

and who knows if 96 St and 86 St are reopening yet? So in that case, the (2) would have to end at Times Square 

According to the G.O it states nothing about 86th St and 96th St being skipped so more then likely it'll reopen tommorow.

1 hour ago, Deucey said:

Still need a 7th Av Express, so (3) gets to be a primary service.

I just don’t get why (2) isn’t just a shuttle to 180th St with (5) running its M-F route.

The past week they've been doing this weird operation with the (2) and (5) with the (2) being the primary shuttle in the Bronx. Earlier today both the (2) and the (5) were running to Flatbush via Lexington Avenue, which i dont know how they managed to do with the (4) running as well.

2 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

The past week they've been doing this weird operation with the (2) and (5) with the (2) being the primary shuttle in the Bronx. Earlier today both the (2) and the (5) were running to Flatbush via Lexington Avenue, which i dont know how they managed to do with the (4) running as well.

I’m guessing that with lower ridership, the schedules are operating with such precision that if it was sustainable, de-interlining would be extreme crazy talk.

Hopefully someone’s paying attention to this, comparing it to all the data on runtimes and delays during “normal” ops and figuring out ways to make the system run smoothly when the new normal shows up.

Notwithstanding his current crisis performance, Cuomo sacking Byford was stupid - especially now that this crisis could be useful in fixing the service.

This is a new one.

STRUCTURAL IMPROVEMENTS
Apr 24 - 27, Fri 11:45 PM to Mon 5 AM
(F) Trains skip Roosevelt Island in both directions

Free shuttle buses run between Roosevelt Island and 21 St-Queensbridge.

Transfer between trains and shuttle buses at 21 St-Queensbridge(F).

Travel tip:
For Manhattan, consider the Roosevelt Island Tramway, days and evenings.

Looks like a more extreme version of the service reductions I predicted have come to pass with the mass crew shortages

Lines running on “12 minute headways” with Maybe some gaps

(1) (4) (5) (6) 42nd St (S) (A) 

lines running every “20 minutes“

(2) (D) (E) (J) (L) (Q) 

lines running approximately every 30 minutes

(3) (F) (M) (N) (R) 

lines running less frequently (40 minutes to one hour between trains)

(C) (7) (G) 

48 minutes ago, darkstar8983 said:

Damn on the (7) ? They must be serious. I mean.. why? It's pretty much isolated when it goes to Flushing.. It should be running 12 or 20 minutes, but not 40 minutes to an hour. 

13 minutes ago, Theli11 said:

Damn on the (7) ? They must be serious. I mean.. why? It's pretty much isolated when it goes to Flushing.. It should be running 12 or 20 minutes, but not 40 minutes to an hour. 

They probably don't have enough crews to run the trains on shorter headways. 

1 hour ago, darkstar8983 said:

Looks like a more extreme version of the service reductions I predicted have come to pass with the mass crew shortages

Lines running on “12 minute headways” with Maybe some gaps

(1) (4) (5) (6) 42nd St (S) (A) 

lines running every “20 minutes“

(2) (D) (E) (J) (L) (Q) 

lines running approximately every 30 minutes

(3) (F) (M) (N) (R) 

(C) (7) (G) 

You're actually wrong on the (D) and (G)Trains. The (D) Train is on 12-15 minutes headways with occasional gaps and the (G) Train is on 30 minutes headways.

On a bombshell note, (M) Trains are now running as shuttle between Metropolitan Avenue and Myrtle Avenue now which isn't surprising. 

Edited by Daniel The Cool

1 hour ago, Daniel The Cool said:

You're actually wrong on the (D) and (G)Trains. The (D) Train is on 12-15 minutes headways with occasional gaps and the (G) Train is on 30 minutes headways.

On a bombshell note, (M) Trains are now running as shuttle between Metropolitan Avenue and Myrtle Avenue now which isn't surprising. 

and now the (C) is done

Over the weekend the (3) was running 60 minute headways between 137 and New Lots on the midnight. All they had available were the 6 shuttle crews that are normally out of 148 to 42.

Since the (2) was running down the east side, that meant 60 minutes between trains at Park Place-Hoyt.

Edited by Snowblock

2 hours ago, Snowblock said:

Over the weekend the (3) was running 60 minute headways between 137 and New Lots on the midnight. All they had available were the 6 shuttle crews that are normally out of 148 to 42.

Since the (2) was running down the east side, that meant 60 minutes between trains at Park Place-Hoyt.

Unfortunate that there is no direct transfer between the 7 Avenue local and Lexington Avenue express anywhere along the line…

URGENT REPAIRS
Mar 31 - Apr 3, Tue to Fri, from 11:30 PM to 5 AM
(1) No trains between Chambers St and South Ferry

(1) trains run between 242 St and Chambers St and via the (2) to/from Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr.

For WTCRector St or South Ferry, take the (4) or local (N)at nearby stops.
(4) trains stop at Fulton St, Wall St and Bowling Green.
(N) local stops at Cortland St, Rector St and Whitehall-South Ferry.

Transfer between (1) and (N) trains at Times Sq-42 St 
Transfer between (1) and (4) trains at Fulton St 

This service change affects one or more ADA accessible stations and these travel alternatives may not be fully accessible. Please contact 511 to plan your trip.

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

1 hour ago, Daniel The Cool said:

The late night (3) Train Service not running has to do with emergency repairs. It's not discontinued. 

That's what I meant, my mistake.

However this (1) train to Atlantic Av has me confused, what urgent repairs need to be done between Chambers St & South Ferry, or is this related to the Lenox Av work?

19 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

That's what I meant, my mistake.

However this (1) train to Atlantic Av has me confused, what urgent repairs need to be done between Chambers St & South Ferry, or is this related to the Lenox Av work?

It's the latter.

In case you've been living under a rock for the last week, there was a really bad fire at 110-Lenox. With this GO, there can't be service running on the Lenox Ave line so that the station can be repaired with unhindered track access. As I stated above, there are not enough midnight (3) crews to run 137-New Lots on a reasonable headway and at this time we're having enough trouble filling regular jobs, let alone create GO jobs. So (3) gets suspended, the (2) runs down the east side to Flatbush and that leaves the (1) as the sole West Side service on the midnights, as well as the only service who can make the Park Place-Atlantic run. The M55 is already free, so can be used to go Chambers to South Ferry (and no, there's no work being done on that portion). Due to lack of midnight crews and no GO crews being hired, this 242-Atlantic service will run at a minimum of every 30 minutes.