Planned Subway Service Changes

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It took them long enough. It's obvious they've known about this major service change for some time now. I know I've said this many times now, but I don't appreciate how there's no information about this until practically the last minute. 

I hope they update the announcement on (F) via B'way line and some R160 on the (D)

I hope an (F) via Broadway/West End option exists in the system. With our luck, they'll all be signed to Listen for Announcements.

The (M) to Chambers is purely to connect to the (F) at Canal only.

Yep. This is to remove the three-legged transfer to/from the (M) at Essex St.

It took them long enough. It's obvious they've known about this major service change for some time now. I know I've said this many times now, but I don't appreciate how there's no information about this until practically the last minute. 

I hope an (F) via Broadway/West End option exists in the system. With our luck, they'll all be signed to Listen for Announcements.

They created one especially for this GO. There is also a  (D) via 8th Av/ Culver program.

No (1) train on the final weekend of February?

You mean to tell me they expect the (2) and (3) to fill in for the (1) in Manhattan and the (4) in Brooklyn at the same time? Man, I hope we get a blizzard that weekend that wipes out this insanity:

1.png No trains running

2.png 3.png A.png C.png trains, M3, M100 and shuttle_bus.png free shuttle buses provide alternate service
Weekend, 11:30 PM Fri to 5 AM Mon, Feb 24 - 27

3.png Trains replace the 4.png in Brooklyn
Weekend, 11:45 PM Fri to 5 AM Mon, Feb 24 - 27

Nothings impossible. Something can happen on Concourse that will restrict the (D) from gaming access to Bedford Park Yard, and in turn will gain a R160 from the (F).

If we don't get an R46 (D) or an R68 (F), I will be sorely disappointed.

At 42 St-Grand Central I saw (5) trains terminating at the uptown express track because of the switches. That was interesting.

Forgive me for my ignorance, but was there a particular reason why the (5) is even running at all if it's only running between 180 St and 42 St? The (2)(4) seem to be providing all the alternate service.

There is work going on near the Joralemon street tubes. They don't want to squish all 3 lines into the City Hall Loop so they just cut the (5) short. Ehhhh, the (5) serves the same purpose on its normal service pattern, so whats ur point? The (5) is extra.

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

There is work going on near the Joralemon street tubes. They don't want to squish all 3 lines into the City Hall Loop so they just cut the (5) short. Ehhhh, the (5) serves the same purpose on its normal service pattern, so whats ur point? The (5) is extra.

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

I know about the loop situation. I meant that the (5) was made redundant and could have been suspended entirely. If anything it could have been the (4) that short-turned so the (5) wouldn't be as redundant.