Planned Subway Service Changes

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The service change DJHammers mentioned is now up.

(5) trains run between 86th St and Flatbush Ave, and (4) trains run in 2 sections. Yikes.

I have a feeling that the 4 and 5 will see a mix of R62s, R62As, R142, and R142A during this G.O. This ought to be fun.

Yup, it's up! It'll be a fun weekend.

Since the MTA dropped the ball with the M to 96th Street and the 4 to East 180th Street, I have to wonder what sort of shenanigans are gonna be pulled for the (5) to 86th Street...

Also, I just have to ask. Since the (5) won't have access to Unionport over the weekend, is there a chance that we could see some R142As or even some R62As on the line?  ;)  :P  

Since the MTA dropped the ball with the M to 96th Street and the 4 to East 180th Street, I have to wonder what sort of shenanigans are gonna be pulled for the (5) to 86th Street...

Also, I just have to ask. Since the (5) won't have access to Unionport over the weekend, is there a chance that we could see some R142As or even some R62As on the line?  ;)  :P  

On the R142's (and only the 142/142A's; the R143s and R160s don't have this feature) you can knock out the stops at the end of any route program if needed. You're still going to hear "This is a Bronx bound (5) express train" but the signs will correctly read "(5) TO 86 ST"

There's no Unionport and no Jerome Yard access for this GO. Not only is there a chance for some R142As and R62As, but there's the potential for R62's from the (3) line to show up on the (4) and (5) lines.

On the R142's (and only the 142/142A's; the R143s and R160s don't have this feature) you can knock out the stops at the end of any route program if needed. You're still going to hear "This is a Bronx bound (5) express train" but the signs will correctly read "(5) TO 86 ST"

There's no Unionport and no Jerome Yard access for this GO. Not only is there a chance for some R142As and R62As, but there's the potential for R62's from the (3) line to show up on the (4) and (5) lines.

Keep in mind though they could also use those R142s/R142As that are stored in Livonia Yard during the weekend which is whats usually done on the (4) line when weekend service gets extended to New Lots Avenue and when the (2) to 96th Street G.O occurred.

The (4) will obviously used a few R62As from the (6) but pretty doubt the R62s being used.

Edited by Daniel The Cool

With so many updates to the AAS recently, I'm not sure if that feature is still available in the 142s.

Sometimes they word reroutes weirdly, so I wouldnt count anything out just yet.

Just like when they say no (E) bt Union Tpke and Jamaica Center, or no (R) between 36th st and Bay Ridge, those are reroutes.

Nope I heard they're supposed to be doing some kind of work north of 71st Avenue. Plus I just realized if the (F) was running to Jamaica Center, it would say no (F) Trains between Union Turnpike/Briarwood Avenue And Jamaica-179th Street and not 71st Avenue and 179th Street.

^Ok so if that's the case, why does the (E) not have a G.O listed that it's not running between 71 AV and Jamiaca Center?

They probably misworded it and meant to say no (F) trains between Briarwood and 179,

They haven't put the full G.O up yet and it's not unusual for them not to put the entire G.O up all at once on the website. Look what happened with the upcoming (4)(5) G.O and the (D)(F) G.O back in February.

Still; they wouldn't put the (F) G.O up and not put the one for the (E) since they are the same work plan.

They didn't put the (F) G.O up yet though. All it says was noting the service change under the (F) Trains Run Local Between 21st Street and 71st Avenue that it wasn't running between 71st Avenue and 179th Street during that service change hinting that service change. 

F.png Trains run local in both directions between 71 Av and 21 St-Queensbridge

Weekends, 11:30 PM Fri to 5 AM Mon, Jul 7 - 10  •  Jul 14 - 17

Trains stop at 67 Av, 63 Dr, Woodhaven Blvd, Grand, Elmhurst, Roosevelt Avs,

65 St, Northern Blvd, 46, Steinway and 36 Sts.

• Please allow additional travel time.

Note: No F.png trains between 71 Av and 179 St during this time.

I really wish they'd get better with posting these service changes in a timely fashion. I know they have these diversions planned well in advance, based on what's posted by people in the know like DJ Hammers, along with conversations I've had with people who work in the relevant departments in the MTA. While it's understandable that things may change at the last minute and the service change may be revised or outright cancelled, it's absurd that I cannot go forward more than a couple of weeks to see what service changes will affect a line.

I really wish they'd get better with posting these service changes in a timely fashion. I know they have these diversions planned well in advance, based on what's posted by people in the know like DJ Hammers, along with conversations I've had with people who work in the relevant departments in the MTA. While it's understandable that things may change at the last minute and the service change may be revised or outright cancelled, it's absurd that I cannot go forward more than a couple of weeks to see what service changes will affect a line.

The only thing I can think of (assuming for a moment that there is a legitimate reason why they wouldn't put them up earlier) is that they wait until the supplementary schedules that the trains run by are finalized, before posting the advisories that are a result of that supplement.