Planned Subway Service Changes

I better hope that (1) GO is canceled. With the triathalon, the UWS and northward will be absolutely gridlocked. I think last year it was particularly horrendous.

Unless its emergency work (seeing how late it was posted)...

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is interesting:

From 12:01 a.m. Saturday, July 13 to 5 a.m. Monday, July 15, n.png trains are rerouted via the r.png line in both directions between Canal Street and Atlantic Avenue-Barclays Center due to general maintenance and prep work on the Manhattan Bridge prior to the Montague tube shutdown.

source

Whoa... Burnside Avenue is going to be quite a busy place during the middays from Monday to Wednesday..

4.png Crown Hts-bound trains skip 176 St, Mt Eden Av, 170 St, 167 St and 161 St

Days, 10:45 AM to 3 PM, Mon to Wed, Jul 15 - 17

For service to these stations, take the 4.png to 149 St-Grand Concourse and transfer to a
Woodlawn-bound 4.png.

For service from these stations, take the 4.png to Burnside Av and transfer to a
Crown Hts-bound 4.png.

ADA_WhlChr_small.gif This service change affects one or more ADA accessible stations. Please call 511 for help with planning
your trip. If you are deaf or hard of hearing, use your preferred relay service provider or the free 711 relay.

4.png Woodlawn-bound trains skip 183 St, Fordham Rd, Kingsbridge Rd and Bedford Pk Blvd

Days, 11 AM to 3 PM, Mon to Fri, Jul 15 - 19

For service to 183 St, Fordham Rd, Kingsbridge Rd and Bedford Pk Blvd, take the 4.png to Mosholu Pkwy
and transfer to a Crown Hts-bound 4.png.

For service from these stations, take the 4.png to Burnside Av and transfer to a Woodlawn-bound 4.png.
Edited by paulrivera

This is interesting:

From 12:01 a.m. Saturday, July 13 to 5 a.m. Monday, July 15, n.png trains are rerouted via the r.png line in both directions between Canal Street and Atlantic Avenue-Barclays Center due to general maintenance and prep work on the Manhattan Bridge prior to the Montague tube shutdown.

source

I was just going through hell in that stupid traffic caused by the massive merge east of DeKalb Avenue. The brooklyn-bound (R) stops where the (Q) stops normally, and the (N) stops right across the platform where the (R) normally stops. I run across and they send the (R) up ahead first. Okay. I see a (D) creeping up from behind on the bypass track (as it normally does)… and then another (R) pulls up across the platform before the (N) moves, only to stop just short of the Pacific Street station. The (D) had been held in the middle of the tunnel to wait for the (R) to switch back to the express track, and then the (N) had to wait for the (D).

EDIT: There is also a lot of construction work at Union Street. The tracks, ties, and bed are being replaced, so if there is a long line of trains, they will all be slowed down further.

This is a warning to those who plan on taking any 4 Avenue trains to Brooklyn. Grab the (F) if that's a viable alternative.

Edited by CenSin

• 3 weeks later...

What is it about L train riders? 

L.png No trains between Lorimer St and Myrtle-Wyckoff Avs 
shuttle_bus.png Free shuttle buses provide alternate service 
Late Nights, 11:45 PM to 5 AM, Mon to Fri, Aug 5 - 30

Meanwhile, on facebook:
t9dSD64.png

Is there any line that gets so up in arms about maintenance - which, to be fair, is scheduled for times which would affect the least number of customers? I won't share my reply to the facebook comment. It wasn't pretty. 

What is it about L train riders? 

Meanwhile, on facebook:

t9dSD64.png

Is there any line that gets so up in arms about maintenance - which, to be fair, is scheduled for times which would affect the least number of customers? I won't share my reply to the facebook comment. It wasn't pretty. 

I mean, the communities the L serves are pretty damn dependent on that line for getting to Manhattan, or for getting a transfer to Southern Brooklyn, or for getting anywhere really. I'm around a bunch of lines so I can't really relate as much, but I'd be tight if it took longer getting anywhere after 11:45 (the L shuttle is never too quick or reliable).

I mean, the communities the L serves are pretty damn dependent on that line for getting to Manhattan, or for getting a transfer to Southern Brooklyn, or for getting anywhere really. I'm around a bunch of lines so I can't really relate as much, but I'd be tight if it took longer getting anywhere after 11:45 (the L shuttle is never too quick or reliable).

Yeah but I mean, we're talking about a late night service change with a free alternative provided. Here on Queens Blvd Local, the only station I can reasonably walk two had no queensbound trains for 2 months late nights earlier this year. If I wanted to get home, I had to go out to Roosevelt and double back, usually waiting 10-15 minutes for the backtracking E after waiting 10-15 minutes for the first E. I'd have much rather taken a shuttle bus. And while I was sour about it, you didn't see this kind of whining. 

I guess it's more the indignance of the facebook comment. "WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING THE LAST NINE YEARS"...

I wanted to respond "They've been running a railroad the last 9 years you a$$hat. Shockingly, sometimes you have to maintain it"

• 1 month later...

Starting October 5th and continuing through May 2014, Castle Hill Av and Middletown Rd on the 6 line will be closed for station rehabilitation.

6.png Middletown Rd Station is closed for rehabilitation

All times, beginning 12:01 AM Saturday, Oct 5 until May 2014

Use the East Tremont Av Station instead.

• Use Bx8, Bx24 or shuttle buses* for connecting service between East Tremont Av and Middletown Rd
(free transfer with MetroCard).

*Shuttle bus service is available during Rush Hours and Late Nights

6.png Castle Hill Av Station is closed for rehabilitation
All times, beginning 12:01 AM Saturday, Oct 5 until May 2014

Use the Parkchester Station instead.

• Use Bx4 or shuttle buses* for connecting service between Parkchester and Castle Hill Av
(free transfer with MetroCard).

*Shuttle bus service is available during Rush Hours and Late Nights

Note: Free MetroCard transfer is available between Bx4/shuttle buses and Bx22 buses at Castle Hill Av.

• 2 weeks later...

What's the reason for the (4) outage north of Yankee Stadium? Basically every weekend from now until 11/17 (and beyond?) except for 10/26-27.

I hope that during the upcoming (A) outages they will finish the signal repair and enable the (S) to not deadhead up to Howard Beach...

II should have noted that the planned changes are for this weekend OCT 11-14

E.gif Trains run local in both directions between Queens Plaza and 71 Av

F.gif Trains run local in Queens

F.gif Jamaica-bound trains run via the E.gif after 47-50 Sts to Roosevelt Av

F.gif Trains run local in Queens
E.gif Trains run local in both directions between Queens Plaza and 71 Av

Weekend, 12:30 AM Sat to 5 AM Mon, Oct 12 - 14 

F.gif Jamaica-bound trains run via the E.gif after 47-50 Sts to Roosevelt Av

Weekend, 9:45 PM Fri to 5 AM Mon, Oct 11 - 14

Does anyone know why the QB lines are going local?

Here's an interesting change to the (2) via Lexington service:

2.png Flatbush Av-bound trains skip Park Place, Fulton, Wall, Clark and Hoyt Sts 

Late Nights, 11:45 PM to 5 AM, Mon to Fri, Oct 21 - 25 

After Chambers St, Flatbush Av-bound 2.png trains stop at the Wall St 4.png Station, 
then run via the 4.png to Nevins St and resume regular service. 

Travel Alternatives by Station TripPlannerPlus_logo_19px.png   Station   To   From Park Place   2.png to nearby Chambers St   2.png from nearby Chambers St Fulton St   2.png to Wall St 4.png Station for uptown 4.png   4.png to Nevins St for 2.pngWall St   2.png to nearby Wall St 4.png Station
(on Broadway)   2.png from nearby Wall St 4.png Station
(on Broadway) Clark, Hoyt Sts   2.png to nearby Borough Hall   2.png from nearby Borough Hall

(R) Service is extended to the 179 St (F) Station

Late Evenings, 10 PM to 11:59 PM, Mon to Thu, Oct 21 - 24

Service operates between 179 St and Whitehall St.

Service in Brooklyn between Court St and 95 St is not affected.

Trains stop at 75 Av, Union Tpke, Van Wyck, Sutphin, Parsons Blvds, 169 and 179 Sts.

What's the reason for the (4) outage north of Yankee Stadium? Basically every weekend from now until 11/17 (and beyond?) except for 10/26-27.

I hope that during the upcoming (A) outages they will finish the signal repair and enable the (S) to not deadhead up to Howard Beach...

Track panel installation at Burnside avenue.

Edited by 6 Lexington Ave

Reverse direction at Wall St by using the diamond crossover south of Wall St. Trains don't run frequently in the late night hours.

So let me get this straight...

After Chambers St, its going via the (1) to the SF loops (skipping Rector & South Ferry in the process), then using the loop tracks to head up past Bowling Green (I'm assuming its skipping it going uptown), then stop at Wall St on either platform.

...Then the T/O would change ends and head back downtown towards Bowling Green again, then down to Brooklyn.

This shit i have to see for myself.

Here's an interesting change to the (2) via Lexington service:

2.png Flatbush Av-bound trains skip Park Place, Fulton, Wall, Clark and Hoyt Sts 

Late Nights, 11:45 PM to 5 AM, Mon to Fri, Oct 21 - 25 

After Chambers St, Flatbush Av-bound 2.png trains stop at the Wall St 4.png Station, 

then run via the 4.png to Nevins St and resume regular service. 

Travel Alternatives by Station TripPlannerPlus_logo_19px.png   Station   To   From Park Place   2.png to nearby Chambers St   2.png from nearby Chambers St Fulton St   2.png to Wall St 4.png Station for uptown 4.png   4.png to Nevins St for 2.pngWall St   2.png to nearby Wall St 4.png Station

(on Broadway)   2.png from nearby Wall St 4.png Station

(on Broadway) Clark, Hoyt Sts   2.png to nearby Borough Hall   2.png from nearby Borough Hall

Reverse direction at Wall St by using the diamond crossover south of Wall St. Trains don't run frequently in the late night hours.

I'm sorry but this is really dumb IMO...I know this is during night hours and all...but why can't they just simply reroute the southbound (2) via Lexington Avenue from Grand Concourse to Nevins Street or cut it between Chambers Street and Atlantic Avenue...?  <_<