Jump to content
Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
TheSubwayStation

Planned Subway Service Changes

Recommended Posts

Riders are going to be pissed regardless. That part is unavoidable. Sea Beach and West End riders will either have to double back to Coney Island for the (F) / (Q) or endure the shuttle buses for subway connections at 9 Street or Atlantic Av, neither of which are pleasant options.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11:45PM Fri to 5AM Mon Dec 14-17

(F) trains run via the (E) between Roosevelt av And 5av/53rd st in both directions then resume regular service at 47-50th st 

(R) trains run via the (F) between 36th st and Lexington av 63rd st in both directions then resume regular service at 57th st-7th av

(N) trains provide alternate service to Lexington av 59th st and 5thav-59th st

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ATS system for IRT will be offline tomorrow, meaning there will be NO real time arrival info for the IRT line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More Info: https://new.mta.info/Dec-8-data-outage

11 hours ago, Far rockaway said:

11:45PM Fri to 5AM Mon Dec 14-17

(F) trains run via the (E) between Roosevelt av And 5av/53rd st in both directions then resume regular service at 47-50th st 

(R) trains run via the (F) between 36th st and Lexington av 63rd st in both directions then resume regular service at 57th st-7th av

(N) trains provide alternate service to Lexington av 59th st and 5thav-59th st

Also, during overnight hours, (E) trains will run via the (F) and (R) lines between Roosevelt Av and Whitehall St to provide service to 63rd Street. 57 Street may be opening soon after this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Lance said:

More Info: https://new.mta.info/Dec-8-data-outage

Also, during overnight hours, (E) trains will run via the (F) and (R) lines between Roosevelt Av and Whitehall St to provide service to 63rd Street. 57 Street may be opening soon after this.

If you check by date, the 57th Street advisory disappears after the 18th. Same thing with 28th Street on the 6.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, m7zanr160s said:

 I'm all for elevator replacement, but, an entire year!? There must be some serious work going on there. 

Word up...that does seem long for a station closure for an elevator

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, biGC323232 said:

Word up...that does seem long for a station closure for an elevator

I'm guessing the bypass is to prevent overcrowding and to allow uninterrupted access to the shafts. They are replacing 4 elevators. Not just one. 

Even in private buildings each elevator can take months to replace. 

Edited by RestrictOnTheHanger
  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Planned Service Changes: December

We’re doing work on the  so it’s ready to run Brooklyn-only come April 2019 for 
15 months. Here’s the big picture of what’s happening in December:

DAYTIME
Dec 3 - 7 and Dec 17 - 21
11 AM to 3 PM 

Every other  train will terminate early at 
Myrtle-Wyckoff Avs

What’s the work? To make sure that we can run  trains effectively, we’re bringing on new train operators. This service change is to accommodate the training program they need to complete to be specially CBTC-trained.
What should customers do? This change will just impact customers using the  between 11 AM and 3 PM on these weekdays. You  will see  trains running approximately every 6 minutes between Myrtle-Wyckoff Avs and 8 Av,  trains running approximately every 12 minutes between Canarsie-Rockaway Pkwy and Myrtle-Wyckoff Avs. Use the countdown clocks, the MYmta app, and listen for announcements to make sure you’re on a train that will get you to where you need to go.

DAYTIME 
Dec 11 - 14 
11 AM to 3:05 PM 
Less frequent trains operating

What’s the work? We identified an issue with third-rail power near East 105 St and Canarsie Yard, and will be using these daytime hours to fix the issue now, so we can maximize reliability on the  when it runs Brooklyn-only for 15 months.
What should customers do? Between 8 Av and Broadway Junction,  service will still run, but will be approximately every 8 minutes. Between Broadway Junction and Canarsie-Rockaway Pkwy, it will be approximately every 24 minutes. If you’re between Atlantic Av and Canarsie-Rockaway Pkwy, you’ll want to transfer at Broadway Junction to continue the trip. Plan ahead for the less frequent  trains using the MYmta app.

 

WEEKEND 
Dec 15 - 16 
6:45 AM to 7 PM daily (Saturday and Sunday) 
Limited  service from Atlantic Av to Canarsie-Rockaway Pkwy Stations, and less frequent  trains along the whole line

What’s the work?: This is emergency work that we identified that if not proactively fixed, could compromise  service when the  goes Brooklyn-only for 15 months—we’ll be taking one of the tracks out of service so we can fix a switch south of Atlantic Av. We’re also going to use this weekend opportunity to get some work done for third-rail power near East 105 St.
What should customers do? Between 8 Av and Myrtle-Wyckoff Avs,  service will still run, but will be approximately every 8 minutes between 8 Av and Broadway Junction, and approximately every 24 minutes between Broadway Junction and Canarsie-Rockaway Pkwy. Plan ahead for the less frequent  trains using the MYmta app. If you’re between Atlantic Av and Canarsie-Rockaway Pkwy, you’ll want to transfer at Broadway Junction to continue the trip.

 

WEEKNIGHTS 
Dec 26 – 28 
10:30 PM to 5 AM, Wed to Fri (i.e. Wed night into to Thurs morning, and Thurs night into Fri morning) 
No  trains overnight between Lorimer St and 8 Av

What’s the work? For the L project, we’re installing brand new rail in the tunnel so customers have a more comfortable trip. The rail has to be delivered ahead of time, and during a time when we don’t have impacts on other nearby  lines.
What should customers do? We’ll have shuttle bus service in Brooklyn and M14 in Manhattan. Use the MYmta app for the latest trip-planning information.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gosh, it’s almost like there wasn’t a 4 month long shutdown of that portion of line just over a year or so ago... 

  • LMAO! 4
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a new one.... a service cut to accommodate f**king schoolcar training. Whatever it takes to run less trains, huh?

OPERATOR TRAINING
Dec 17 - 21, Mon to Fri, 11 AM to 3 PM
(L)Trains run every 12 minutes between Myrtle-Wyckoff Avs and Rockaway Pkwy in Brooklyn
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, paulrivera said:

Here's a new one.... a service cut to accommodate f**king schoolcar training. Whatever it takes to run less trains, huh?

OPERATOR TRAINING
Dec 17 - 21, Mon to Fri, 11 AM to 3 PM
(L)Trains run every 12 minutes between Myrtle-Wyckoff Avs and Rockaway Pkwy in Brooklyn
 

 

That G.O is not new, they have been having it for a few years now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, trainfan22 said:

That G.O is not new, they have been having it for a few years now.

Usually, it’s due to signal or electrical work rather than training. While you’re right that this has happened for some time, I wanted to point out the different reasoning.

From an operational standpoint, I think (L) is a good line to train new hires as it’s isolated from much of the system and less prone to delays. @paulrivera If you think this is a service cut, try dealing with the (L) when it’s split at Broadway Junction with trains heading to Canarsie running every 24 minutes.

Edited by S78 via Hylan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, S78 via Hylan said:

If you think this is a service cut, try dealing with the (L) when it’s split at Broadway Junction with trains heading to Canarsie running every 24 minutes.

That one's just straight up torture. The mere thought of getting off the (L) at Broadway Junction and heading down to the (J) platform to wait half an hour for a shuttle to Canarsie is enough for me to not even bother with it.

There's been GO's on the (4) last summer where I avoided the line entirely and I simply took the (D) instead.

If I'm gonna wait 15+ minutes for a train there better be seats available because if there isn't, I'm not using the line, period.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, S78 via Hylan said:

Usually, it’s due to signal or electrical work rather than training. While you’re right that this has happened for some time, I wanted to point out the different reasoning.

From an operational standpoint, I think (L) is a good line to train new hires as it’s isolated from much of the system and less prone to delays. @paulrivera If you think this is a service cut, try dealing with the (L) when it’s split at Broadway Junction with trains heading to Canarsie running every 24 minutes.

Eh, I heard it was school car is the reason for this G.O a while back. 

 

 

 

The G.O is to qualify new T/O how to operate a train in CBTC territory. Since no where else in the B div has the CBTC system the (L) line uses, they have train operators on the actual (L) line.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a G.O involving the (E) and (M) because while i was on the train at jamaica van wyck today, i saw a poster being put up by an mta worker that said the (E) and(M) trains

The poster has the background color blue.

Edited by Far rockaway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's doing the same G.O as the same week last year, with the 53rd St. tunnel closed for the week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

Eh, I heard it was school car is the reason for this G.O a while back. 

 

 

 

The G.O is to qualify new T/O how to operate a train in CBTC territory. Since no where else in the B div has the CBTC system the (L) line uses, they have train operators on the actual (L) line.

 

 

 

Dosent Culver and Nassau middle have the same CBTC system?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope. Culver has the system that will eventually be in place on Queens Blvd and I don't believe there is any CBTC signaling on the Jamaica/Nassau St line. The system in place on Canarsie is completely different from the other ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.