Residents say noise from aircraft from LaGuardia and JFK is awful

Harry

[float=left]post-5097-0-08574900-1344957682_thumb.jpg[/float] Living in the shadows of the two airports is getting tougher on the ears, some Queens residents say.

Just ask Pat Pastuzyn of Woodside, who last year became so annoyed with the aerial roaring that she called the LaGuardia Airport manager’s office every time an aircraft passed overhead.

It was an action that led to a visit from Port Authority police.

Read more: Source

post-5097-0-08574900-1344957682_thumb.jpg

Now, NIMBYs are complains about airplane noise now? It's enough already.

Airplane was roaring all the times day and night.

Even elevated subway lines also make noise also.

I know how they feel but it cannot be helped.

1. Greenwich Village NIMBY are complaing about sightseeing tour bus using microphone to give tour.

2. Sunnyside-Long Island City NIMBY are complaining about Archer St Facility and Sunnyside Yard.

3. Now, JFK LGA Neighborhood NIMBY are complaining about airplane noise.

Is there anything the NIMBYs won't complain about? I know they got a lot of restrictions on aircraft noise up by Westchester airport, JetBlue can't even fly the A320 there (only the E190 and other airlines' smaller aircraft are allowed), but restrictions like that won't work in the city. Face it, we need all these flights going in and out, if the NIMBYs can't understand that we have millions of tourists and residents alike flying out of JFK and LGA each year then they need to move out of their neighborhoods. I'm sure they won't like it if they can't go on trips because the airlines had to reduce the amount of flights/size of aircraft going in and out of JFK and LGA.

Thank God I don't live near an EL or an Airport. Don't need to deal with noise like this. However, your living in a city, which noise varies in different spots, regardless of Airport, Subway EL or anything thats loud. You don't like it, move out the city or a quieter spot in the city.. Or else just STFU and keep it moving...

Slightly little off-topic, but relative to topic, Ppeople in Japan who lives near subway or train stations does not complain about noise.

I think next people will complain about emergency vehicle siren, honking, or maybe illegal fireworks.

Here in Jackson Heights, most Spanish people love to have LOUD PARTY even on school days, sometimes it could go up to 2 o'clock in morning.

I also kept wondering if other neighborhoods are complaining or not.

Good grief! I live two blocks from an EL (the (A)), spend a lot of time on Liberty Avenue (with the elevated (A)), AND have airplane noise frequently. It doesn't bother me. NIMBY's just don't realize that noise is part of city life. If they don't like city life, they can move to backyards somewhere else.

Is impossible to get off the aircraft noise, and it's difficult to reduce them in the busiest airport in USA.

Do AA MD80's have husking kits?. It's necessary to consider JT8D-200 engines are low-bypass turbofan engines, louder than modern aircraft engines. (JT8D earlier series are louder).

These NIMBY's have everything to complain about, but I think at the end they should be complaining about themselves on why the heck they decided to move to a borough housing a two of the the busiest International Airports in the entire planet Earth! If they couldn't take it, they should opt for Manhattan and the Bronx, then again they'll complain about the Emergency Vehicle Sirens and Car Horns in Manhattan, and how the Bronx is mostly ghetto-ish. Then give them the option on Staten Island, but they complain about access to city issues and how it looks like New Jersey, then give them the option of Suffolk and Bergen Cos. and they complain that that is the suburbs and not NYC. Gawd, can they just shut the hell up, I am getting a migraine, lols!

It is impossible to make flight noiseless because all three airports plays important roles.

NIMBY need to deal with it because it's also their flight when they go on vacation.

Flights to/from LaGuardia and JFK Airport are also delay due to plane traffic, or fuel.

Airplanes are major roles.

Maybe, next NIMBYs might complain airplane is flying too close.

Time to put all routes over the neighborhoods with the complainers! The jets coming into JFK fly over my uncles house, and I love to see them! :D

Good one, even Forest Hills if there are complainers, I wish there will be more jets over my house, as long as not too close or my roof might collapse because it's not the best out there, but I would be happy to take some jet photos with my 55-250mm lens while the NIMBY's nearby complain their asses out with no use, good for them still, haha!

• 2 weeks later...

Time to put all routes over the neighborhoods with the complainers! The jets coming into JFK fly over my uncles house, and I love to see them! :D

When they come over my house in the Caribbean, I have the same reaction. I love em.

I think that the problem is that there are too many jets, which causes all the noise. Soon the jets will be virtually noise-less.

Archived