Blog function

realizm

Would you like to have a blog feature on this new platform?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to have a blog feature on this new platform?

• Yes
    • No

Just as a suggestion off the top of my head -- do you think it would be a good idea to initiate a blog function on this website? I know that with vBullitian that feature is available. Not sure if this will prove to be poular. Just though I'd throw it out there.

When this forum used to be on vBulletin, we had a blog function. When the forums were attacked and we moved to IP Board, the feature was never re-instituted and this is the first time actually, that someone is bringing that feature up!

I say no. I think we can create our own blog on another site. Also creating one on another site (like blogspot) is more customizable. If I create my own blog can I put a link in my sig for it?

Agreed, blogs would also most likely bring more arguments just like the status updates and the chat that have only created more trouble.

When this forum used to be on vBulletin, we had a blog function. When the forums were attacked and we moved to IP Board, the feature was never re-instituted and this is the first time actually, that someone is bringing that feature up!

Oh OK I know what you're talking about. Some of the Nazi whatever malicious links still exist, I saw it.

On the threat of malicious attacks from groups of hackers when you surf the boards using a virtual image installed on your host OS if you accidentally catch malware, worm or a trojan it gets trapped in the virtual machine and not the host computer and its OS. You will still have to take precautions to hide MAC addresses and have antivirus software and firewall configured etc. through your virtual machine as well as your host OS. You can download one from the net -- VMWare or Oracle VirtualBox are good ones. Microsoft also offers Windows Virtual PC for install on Win 7 for Win XP mode but you can use it for other purposes.

I did'nt know this forum used to run on VBullitian. I brought up the question as I used to participate in a VBullitian forum several years ago and the administrators installed the blog function by request. Long story short it was a hit! (That site is now dead but not becuase of flaming on the blogs -- never was any internet fighting on the blogs.)

What was cool about it was that each user can moderate their own blog even though of course the site moderators and administrators also have privilages to it.

And of course to add, make sure you're WPA2 protected if you're on wireless surfing the internet through the virtual machine and use strong passwords everywhere you go changing them frequently ... basically you're configuring the virtual machine the same way you would through the host OS. That way you can't be touched as you just created a wormhole or a shield if you will against attacks.

Archived