Puppy Thrown from Moving Car Suffers Broken Neck

mark1447

A pit bull puppy is hospitalized with a broken neck after it was stuck in a plastic bag and thrown out of a moving car over the weekend, authorities say.

Roy Gross, Chief of the Suffolk SPCA, said the puppy was tossed onto the Pilgrim Psychiatric Center property near the Sagtikos Parkway in Brentwood.

It was taken to West Islip Emergency Veterinary Clinic by Islip Animal Shelter personnel after another motorist witnessed the incident and called authorities.

"He was in severe shock," said veterinarian Dr. Lynda Loudon. "He was crying in pain from his injuries."

According to veterinarians who treated the puppy they named Joey, he suffered from multiple neck fractures, is malnourished, and has bite marks on his neck. The bite wounds indicate the puppy may have been used as a bait dog by dog fighters, authorities said.

Joey is still sporting bandages and receiving around-the-clock pain medication and IV fluids.

"It's unimaginable," said Loudon. "You just can't fathom how or why someone could do this to a little innocent puppy."

Loudon said the dog has another three to four months to recover. Already, there are at least 15 requests of potential owners eager to adopt the loving pup.

"He gives us kisses every time we try to go in and help him," said Loudon. "He's gonna be a good dog for somebody."

The Suffolk County Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals is offering a $2,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of whoever threw the puppy out the window sometime Saturday afternoon.

Video and Source:

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Puppy-Pit-Bull-Broken-Neck-Authorities-Cruelty-Prevention-Animals-Reward-166114176.html

I hate hearing stories like this.... I see why white folks (in general) go hard in the paint when it comes to pets.....

(you had to know a michael vick reference was coming)

Say what y'all will, but I say anyone that's cowardly enough to chuck (or otherwise abandon) a defenseless kitten, puppy, or a child like it's f***** garbage deserves to be amputated at the ankles & shoulders....

Now throw somethin out of a f****n window.......

Like some folks say: it starts with killing small animals and only gets worse from there...

And for this case, forget about the disgusting act of throwing a defenseless pup out of a moving car, but the malnurishment and fleas... it was already treated terribly. Should this person be caught, I demand he/she undergo the same treatment they did to this dog including being tossed out of a moving car. People like that don't deserve any rights.

I hate hearing stories like this.... I see why white folks (in general) go hard in the paint when it comes to pets.....

Say what y'all will, but I say anyone that's cowardly enough to chuck (or otherwise abandon) a defenseless kitten, puppy, or a child like it's f***** garbage deserves to be amputated at the ankles & shoulders....

They should just throw themselves out of the window dude... One less loony to deal with.

Well the little doggy should be OK according to the article. Lol it's probably chillin now in its little cubby hole in the hospital, in its blanket snug like a bug in the rug, enjoying it's pain meds, eating good food and being catered to by hot female veterinarians at every opportunity. Not fair! How come when I was in the hospital for a car accident related concussion I couldn't get first class treatment like that?!

Well the little doggy should be OK according to the article. Lol it's probably chillin now in its little cubby hole in the hospital, in its blanket snug like a bug in the rug, enjoying it's pain meds, eating good food and being catered to by hot female veterinarians at every opportunity. Not fair! How come when I was in the hospital for a car accident related concussion I couldn't get first class treatment like that?!

Wait, wait, wait. The dog is "chilling" with a broken neck? Even with the pain meds I bet that dog wants to bite the shit out of that guy. That dog aint "chilling", he's pissed off.

He's in good care now expected to recover with proper treatment from loving vets and medications to dull the pain. That's what I meant.

Yeah that's one pissed off dog I'm sure. It's possible that dog may become aggressive since apparently it was involved with illegal pit bull fighting with the abuse it experienced up to being tossed out of a car. But with time that dog can heal back to good health and be retrained to live a happy life with a caring owner.

People can recover from neck injuries. So can dogs, so don't worry. Veterinarians generally do a very good job in making the sick or injured animal as comfortable as possible depending on the hospital.

And then this why people NEED to think before getting an Animal. If you don't have the money or responsibilities for getting a new pet, don't even bother. This how a lot of them end up abused, homeless etc, the owners fault. Owning a pet is like having a baby around, you've got food/litter to buy, medical service (optional), a few accessories..... goes on.

What makes me feel more disgusted, is people dumping them in the curb, rather then giving it to a local shelter. This is how homeless animals are high on the street.

And then this why people NEED to think before getting an Animal. If you don't have the money or responsibilities for getting a new pet, don't even bother. This how a lot of them end up abused, homeless etc, the owners fault. Owning a pet is like having a baby around, you've got food/litter to buy, medical service (optional), a few accessories..... goes on.

What makes me feel more disgusted, is people dumping them in the curb, rather then giving it to a local shelter. This is how homeless animals are high on the street.

Exactly, and it doesn't help that in the eyes of the law, pets are considered property......

Archived