42nd street shuttle fastrack good idea or not?

alekr

Wait... Are we promoting the removal of T4 and the connection to 7th Ave. IRT or not? I am kinda confused...

NYCT had plans years ago to reconfigure the Times Square end of the shuttle so that 5 cars could platform on tracks 1 and 3. (Nothing's been funded yet, but this is probably the only feasible way to bring the shuttle up to ADA standards.) With 10 cars on tracks 1 and 3, track 4 wouldn't be needed anymore, and it would be abandoned.

NYCT had plans years ago to reconfigure the Times Square end of the shuttle so that 5 cars could platform on tracks 1 and 3. (Nothing's been funded yet, but this is probably the only feasible way to bring the shuttle up to ADA standards.) With 10 cars on tracks 1 and 3, track 4 wouldn't be needed anymore, and it would be abandoned.

That, I would definitely agree on and make that platform straight so it wouldn't cause people to misstep and trip, and from that I think everything has been clarified on and perhaps it should be locked or simply we stop posting.

I dont think a FASTTRACK is necessary for the (S) because it really doesn't have any issues with it, except maybe for the moving platform, the tracks aren't really bad, except for maybe track 3 cuz it has a little dip just after Times Square but other than that its fine and it's only two stops so not really a big deal, and besides, that's maybe why it's shut down during late nights.

That, I would definitely agree on and make that platform straight so it wouldn't cause people to misstep and trip, and from that I think everything has been clarified on and perhaps it should be locked or simply we stop posting.

I'm by no means a moderator, but I've never understood the rush to lock a thread. If people don't have anything more to post, they won't post. If they still have comments or questions, they'll post. If you're not interested anymore, then stop reading it.

I dont think a FASTTRACK is necessary for the (S) because it really doesn't have any issues with it, except maybe for the moving platform, the tracks aren't really bad, except for maybe track 3 cuz it has a little dip just after Times Square but other than that its fine and it's only two stops so not really a big deal, and besides, that's maybe why it's shut down during late nights.

Most of the work that takes place during Fastrack addresses issues that the average or even well-informed rider would know nothing about.

The shuttle shuts down every night, though, so I there's no need for an explicit Fastrack.

Archived